No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a spin out to Gallup today. 150 mile roundtrip. Had a great burger, a super solid New Mexico IPA, and listened to the new Stones album twice on the ride.

Posted pics on the Harley forum, but this one needs them resized or filtered in through some photo platform, so ...
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

THough about starting to rake leaves this afternoon. . . . .
      THen managed to find reasons, er, um, excuses not to.

52degF and mostly cloudy, slight cance of rain.

And found a reason, er, um, excuse to go for ride . . . .

(a repeat place)

Did get sprinkled on as stopping at grocery store, and again as arived back home.
      Good to get out of couple of hours.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's a shot of the Sandia Mountains from this evening.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Got out for a few hours today.....Nothing good photowise....Just me...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yesterday, I discovered that one of my local recently renovated Sheetz (think central/western PA version of Wawa, QuikTrip, etc.) now has Ethanol-free gas. So filled up both my 5 gallon cans, and today filled up the Tiger. Then proceeded to burn a good bit of it. Gorgeous day in Penn’s Woods.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-05-2023, 07:33 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Nice, Guys....

After heavy snow (6+ inches, heavy wett) on Tuesday (unseasonable early), it didnt melt till Thursday and Friday. I didnt see any salt trucks, so, thats good.

Saturday was low 50s, so went for ride, out of town aways, then back into town, and to beach/pier area.
              This area, up on side of dune, overlooking the beach, nobody at the houses there this time of year......
              So I stopped there, expecting a lake freighter in shortly.
              CAn barely see it up near horizon (up above tail trunk in this pic).

Here is a shot later as its closer

One of the bigger ships that comes in here (K E Barker 766ft)

(more pics in Random Photo)
              This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2023, 09:14 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out yesterday on the Cooley and today on the DR650....I only have 3 bikes insured for the winter and my vfr is getting some paint work done...
                We did 110kms of off the pavement riding today
                I love my island.

No signature

Comment

Just a couple plus hours on the GS today....Stopped at the Rice Grist Mill, about 20 minutes from home, for a couple photos.
                  First time I've seen the mill wheel turning.

The old bike still runs and looks pretty good....just don't get close...

Comment

Went out again today....75º when I got home....

Last edited by Baatfam; 11-07-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

75° .....Blegh I'm mostly dreaming of next year.
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

12 (55) and sunny here today…going to power wash the driveway. Now that’s exciting
                        No signature

Comment

55°-60°F in northeast Ohio today.
                          It gets dark so early now, and with the time change. It's not even worth it getting the bike out.
                          That's okay, I got my 21,000 in for the year.
                          Next year is already shaping up to be a good year!
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I hopped on the FJR around 5am this morning headed for San Diego. 33 degrees F at home so I layered up. I didn't get chilled until after the continental divide on into Arizona. Brrrrrrr!

Made it to Holbrook for the first pit stop and peeled a layer off. Headed Southwest to Payson, shed a few more layers, and grabbed a few chicken tacos at Filibertos. Yum! Riding out of Payson was so much fun! Beautiful scenery to boot. I meant to stop in Phoenix for gas but traffic sucked so I blasted through towards Gila Bend and filled up there. Took a quick photo at the shell station and headed West towards Yuma. The wind was kicking up now pretty good. Over near the Arizona/ California border was an amazing accumulation of sand dunes. Amazing to see but a bit sketchy riding through there.

Heading up into the hills near pine valley I had to grab those layers again. Once I reached Alpine, where the clouds were down on the road, Temps were back down to where they were when I started. Such an intense ride through those hills. High wind, low clouds, heavy traffic and everyone going at least 80mph.

Made it to San Diego where my wife had been since yesterday. A slice of pizza and a cold beer just hit the spot! 850 miles today. Tomorrow is my grandson's graduation from Marine Corps boot camp.

Only took one pic. Maybe I'll have more time to take a few pics over the next day or three.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Went out again today....75º when I got home.....
                              .URL]​
                              Nice pics. And nice that you are getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                I hopped on the FJR around 5am this morning headed for San Diego. .
                                ................. ........................ ...............! 850 miles today. Tomorrow is my grandson's graduation from Marine Corps boot camp.

Only took one pic. Maybe I'll have more time to take a few pics over the next day or three.
                                Wow. 850mile day, exceeds what I havve ever done (by factor of 1.4) . Thanks for report.

Lots of great rideing east and northeast of SD. But takes an hour or more to get out of urban area. I have a few trips I could recomend, but all take at least 4-5 hours, or good portion of a day, and you are visiting family.
                                Maybe you can incorporate CA94 thru Dulzura and onto I-8 for your return trip, but, as you all ready know, your direct rip on interstates is already 13+ hours, so hard to add any side trips to that and still make it in one day.

Later note: USMC Basic Training, that is San Diego proper.
                                Not Camp Pendalton up by Oceanside.
                                Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2023, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X