anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Nice pics. And nice that you are getting out.
    Thanks....Went out yesterday for the third day in a row.
    Went to Douglas Dam...Nice ride. (Apparently, dams are my lighthouse... Redman )
    Not many photos from the overlook. Sun was right in my face....

Last edited by Baatfam; 11-09-2023, 08:36 PM.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Take a bow, Roger. 850 miles in a day is very impressive!
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nice Dam picture Bob.
        It would have been fun to take a canoe trip down the river before the dam was built.
        Oh wait, maybe not!!! Cue the banjo music... haha
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

…………………..
          ———————————
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Take a bow, Roger. 850 miles in a day is very impressive!
            Thanks Steve, but I'm sure plenty of folks grab that and more in a day's ride. If I take anything for that ride it'll be ibuprofen, lol.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wow. 850mile day, exceeds what I havve ever done (by factor of 1.4) . Thanks for report.

Lots of great rideing east and northeast of SD. But takes an hour or more to get out of urban area. I have a few trips I could recomend, but all take at least 4-5 hours, or good portion of a day, and you are visiting family.
              Maybe you can incorporate CA94 thru Dulzura and onto I-8 for your return trip, but, as you all ready know, your direct rip on interstates is already 13+ hours, so hard to add any side trips to that and still make it in one day.

Later note: USMC Basic Training, that is San Diego proper.
              Not Camp Pendalton up by Oceanside.
              You're right, lots of great riding out there. I left yesterday and headed East on 78. Aside from blowing sand and an occasional manure factory out in the farmland, there haven't been many unenjoyable miles.

I thought I had put more miles behind me yesterday. Still have 600 ish miles to go. Meandering through the hills and stopping for food and photos slowed me down (but that's a good thing) I didn't eat much on my way out to San Diego. This time my wife made a stack of sandwiches and stuffed the tank bag with munchies. Haha
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Some morning pics of San Diego Bay area.

This was right outside our hotel room.

downtown area

One for veterans day weekend. The USS Midway aircraft carrier.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Thanks....Went out yesterday for the third day in a row.
                  Went to Douglas Dam...Nice ride. (Apparently, dams are my lighthouse... Redman )
                  . . .
                  . . .
                  Ha !
                  But you went to three diffrent dams.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Low 50s, a little windy, but sunny today. (which is nicer than 40s rainy.)

Did some yard work, and went for little ride for lunch

I like thier Perch Sandwich.

GOt the bikes out of garage for a little garage clean up, before going for a longer ride.

THen though, should ride each today,.
                    Take one on little ride, come back take another, and back and take another.
                    and should have a name for that.
                    Maybe "Triple Play"... then I thought, No, should call it a "Trevor Ride".

But, later thought, would need four bikes for that.

Last edited by Redman; 11-13-2023, 11:13 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Low 50s, sunny and calm today. Did some yard work, and went for little ride for lunch

I like thier Perch Sandwich.

GOt the bikes out of garage for a little garage clean up, before going for a longer ride.

THen though, should ride each today, and should have a name for that.
                      Maybe "Triple Play"... then I thought No, should call it a "Trevor Ride".

But, later thought, would need four for that.
                      Lol...you crack me up Redman!!
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Lol...you crack me up Redman!!
                        Ha ! Just to let you know I thought of you because you have posted about riding multiple of your bikes on one day. Just pestering you. (WHat are friends for anyway, eh?)

Last edited by Redman; 11-14-2023, 12:23 AM.

Comment

The weather has been fantastic on the Island...got out on my DR in my hood

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            The weather has been fantastic on the Island...got out on my DR in my hood

[UR.
                            .RL]
                            Great pics. The sunset color reflected in water really makes it great.

Comment

Great pics. The sunset color reflected in water really makes it great.
                              Thanks Dave, I was on my way home as it was getting dark and had to stop for the pic
                              No signature

Comment

Just wanted to share a bit about my trip home from San Diego last week. I spent a little time downtown before traffic got bad.

20231109_082302 by Roger, on Flickr

20231109_075820 by Roger, on Flickr

2023-11-10_06-13-41 by Roger, on Flickr

I went North on I-15 to Escondito, then took hwy 78 East eventually winding up on I-10. Took that to Phoenix then hwy 60 to Quemado, NM. picked up 36, then 117 and eventually I-40 which took me back to Albuquerque.

2023-11-10_06-12-25 by Roger, on Flickr

I got in touch with an FJR owner in San Diego on another forum who had a side case to replace one my son had damaged in Indiana. Pretty darn convenient since I was going to be there anyway. I rode to San Diego with only one so I could carry it home. He also loaded me up with some other parts, four different windshields and some mirrors. I had to go to the post office the next day to ship some of it. The left side case came open and scraped on the road. Luckily all of my stuff didn't wind up on the road. The outer shell came unglued is all. I had a roll of Gorilla tape and a few strips of that stuff held it till I got home.

I split the ride up into two days spending one night in Blythe, CA. Passed by the Imperial Sand Dunes again. This time I stopped to get a better look. I've got to come back and rent a side by side. Those things were everywhere. Long caravans of toy hauler trailers, every couple of miles there'd be bunches of them, like wagons around a campfire.

2023-11-09_07-10-32 by Roger, on Flickr

There was this odd sign posted to identify another nation. WTF is this? Maybe a joke? Looking it up online they seem pretty serious though.

2023-11-09_07-08-44 by Roger, on Flickr

Hwy 78 was a really nice ride through CA. I wish I had gone a bit South from Globe on 70 and ridden through Morenci again. It's been several years since Raygun, another GSR member, and I went that way. Such a fun ride!

60 was nice though. I turned around and rode the stretch through the Salt River Valley a couple of times, haha. Took a few pics before heading toward NM. After that it was slow going. Stop for coffee. Stop for layers. Stop for more layers and to thaw out. That was my fault for not putting all of my warm stuff on the first stop.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X