No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the VFR out today to my BMW dealer to see their new digs....they have everything under one big roof now....BMW, Ducati, Royal Enfield, Zero, Indian, Triumph, and Polaris
    Made a service appointment for my k1300r for valve inspection and maintenance
    Now that Indian is under the same roof there is a totally different vibe....lots of leather vests! Lol

No signature

Comment

Just so no one thinks I neglected the GS on this rare 50f weekend in February. Solo this time out.

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

10 of us got out today for a little ride up island lunch.
        The bikes...

2 Honda ST1300
        2 BMW RT's
        1 Yamaha RZ350
        1 Honda VFR1200F
        1 82 Suzuki GS1100E
        1 2023 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello
        1 1999 Ducati Desmodue 900
        1 Honda CB500X

Where we had lunch...

No signature

Comment

Maiden voyage on the Voyager yesterday, rode it about 65 miles round trip to grab a beer at a brewery in Lapel Indiana. 45F and breezy heading out, the perfect bike to ride across pretty flat and straight roads in the midwest in this type of weather. The first bike of this sort I've ever owned/ridden. Still running some very old tires, that and the suspension needs some fresh fork oil and fine tuning of air pressure. Doesn't ride particularly well at the moment!

IMG_2332.jpg
          Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
          Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Took the VFR out today to my BMW dealer to see their new digs....they have everything under one big roof now....BMW, Ducati, Royal Enfield, Zero, Indian, Triumph, and Polaris
            ....L]
            Wow. Big place.
            THere on the island....?

Still owned/managed(?) by guy you know....?

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey! 42degF today, In Febuary.
              Roads dry, and been a while since salt used.

Might be a bit warmer in next 2 - 3 days, but also maybe wet, so get out today.

Was all suited up, got out GK, then thought to go back in and get my face-n-neck kercheif (that I made), hense why is not tucked in jacket.

Was out for about an hour.
              Hey, that counts for a Febuary ride.

Last edited by Redman; 02-07-2024, 11:25 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Beautiful day on Vancouver Island today....5 of us made it out...then stopped at a pub for lunch on the way home. Felt really good to get out on BC's Family Day.

No signature

Comment

I like the going around the gate shot.
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    I like the going around the gate shot.
                    Lol....there is a gate back there that someone painted on it "F this effing gate"! but spelled out properly
                    No signature

Comment

Got a plate for the Triumph yesterday and took my very first ride on it....wow....that sound! Handles extremely well. I certainly would not want to ride it in the city much as I don't think my wrists could handle it....but on the highway it was surprisingly comfortable.
                      It's a keeper!
                      Bought new brake pads front and rear, oil and filter....going to have my BMW/Triumph dealer doe a valve inspection later in the month.
                      When a I rode up to the dealership yesterday a half a dozen employees came outside to see it as the "heard me coming on the highway"...lol...

No signature

Comment

Not first ride of the year.
                        Not first ride of the month. For first ride of the month yesterday, I had seen salt dust on road so took the Shadow500 (you dont wanna see pics of that).

But today was first Morning Coffee Ride of the year !

42degF, had rained some overnight (washing roads), so took GK out. Had little ride around town to some scenes, and stopp at coffee shop (in record store) and then 50 degF and ride out of town and around for a while. Was nice to just be cruising, enjoying what curves that could be found, enjoying being out and not feeling like in a struggle against the cold, just enjpoying the ride.

Comment

First ride of the year for me. Got out the TT600 and headed towards Norris dam about 25 minutes north of us.
                          Nice ride, not much traffic, cloudy but just over 60º. Stopped at the top of the dam, took a couple boring photos like this one.

Figured to move back down from the dam, head east, and get some good photos when the sun came out.
                          Just a couple minutes from the dam, the engine quit, started, quit, started, and quit for good.

Did not want to pull over on the two lane with no shoulder, in the middle of the woods.
                          Since I was moving pretty good, and it was all down hill I coasted a full mile down to the bottom, where there are parking lots and people.
                          Rolled into Clinch River Brewing, but they weren't open.

Anyway, called wife, wife came and got me, I hooked up trailer and went back to get the bike.
                          Loaded it myself (not smart) And almost dropped it.
                          But she is home, and I know what happened.

I ran out of gas

The low full light never lite. The collective at triuimphrat.net told me how to check the bulb (OK).
                          Which means the thermistor (low level sensor) failed. See the arrow below in the photo.
                          New part is $218.99 from Triumph.....Ha.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

My Triumph is down for the time being, in the middle of valve clearance job. A much bigger job than had imagined. But I digress.
                            Anywho, Sunday was so nice, I had to get out. A quick pre-flight check on the GS informed me that the brake light was not working, for front nor rear controls. Hmm. thought I had that licked, but at least it wasn't blowing a fuse anymore. So whacha gonna do? Start in on a electrical diagnoses on a beautiful Sunday afternoon? Certainly not. I would stick to back roads, then onto the forest roads. Forest roads proved to be more slimy than I would have preferred, so stopped at a picnic area to enjoy some coffee and a sandwich I had packed. Headed home feeling all was right with the world until I rolled back into town. Two blocks before the first red light in town, of course there's a cop behind me. I had one block in which to make an engine brake slow down to make a tight right turn so the cop wouldn't see that I had no brake light. It worked, made the turn, cop didn't follow. Whew! Then I remembered that I also has taken the GS off of my insurance policy in October because I was going to have it down for a number of months to rebuild the top end. I never put it back on my policy. I don't know what the fine would have been for no brake light and no insurance, and I hope I don't find out. Guess I either need to get the GS re-insured, and fix the brake light, or finish up the Tiger and get it back on the road. Well, actually I need to do all of that. Sorry. no pics.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Lucky Rich. I did 2 weekends in the county jail for no insurance back in the day. They took my dang shoelaces among other embarrassments. I did get to read quite a few books though.

Comment

First ride since... probably late fall. Not much snow this year but lots of ice. Anyway, I got out and wandered the neighborhood a bit. Of course it started to rain as soon as I pulled out of the driveway but it didn't last long.

Stopped here for a moment and pondered this hill...

I don't know... maybe when everything dries out in a month or so... so tempting.

Comment

Working...
                                X