No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to ride to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon. I'll try to snap a pic if there's someplace semi-scenic to do so. 50 degrees out, rained all last night, cloudy still. Cozy weather.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

It cracked 45 F on Christmas day here in Indy, so I spent a little quality time with an old friend...

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Great pic's, everyone. Thanks for sharing.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Got a New Year's Eve ride in today... so nice out!

New Year's Resolution time: I resolve to post ride pictures featuring a more appropriate bike for this forum (the Katana) in 2019.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Dave, that is a great photo of a great looking bike.
            Some of the pics you have posted of it could be used in a BMW brochure.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Although yesterday was the nicer of the weekend, I spent the day watching Cheyenne bowl in one of her school tournaments (Girls placed 3rd overall). So today, I grabbed some warmer clothes and wheeled the GS550 out of the garage and fired it up for the first ride of the new year. It felt very nice to be out again as it's been since late October and the 550 handled very nicely though I seem to have a high idle that only shows up when it warms up. I noticed it last year but the garage is too full with my horse trailer sitting in it that I haven't had time to figure out why yet.

I stayed in town on one of my favorite loops close to the house and as I always ride by a local park/overlook that was set aside in 1815 without stopping, I decided to see what's there. Sadly, houses line the side of what once had to be a very pretty overlook of this valley. I left the phone at the bike so I didn't get a picture of it. I only put in forty miles due to other responsibilities but I can't wait for better weather again (temperatures are dropping later this week to highs in the low 30s)

Milo Beck Park by Scott Baker, on Flickr
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got a couple of 70 mile loops in on Friday and Saturday on the ES, mid 40's and dry.
                Bike seemed happy with the cool air.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Man Last few days have been good riding!
                  Took the DT out in the snow to run some errands!

Just got back from some awesome riding.. On the sleds with Jethro!!!

Shannon and Jethro put this big snowmobile weekend on for my birthday. I have some awesome people in my life, very blessed!

Shan on the 800 2 stroke!

Trying to keep up with Jethro...

Fearless leader trying to point us into some good riding.

A couple of the steads...

The posted trail system...

Allot of fun... I foresee a Sled in my future, probably.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good day to be on 2 wheels in the woods!

Very challenging for I was experiencing frost bite after just a mile at 30mph, temp was at 6' so the wind-chill must have been Sub zero. Once I got all my uncovered skin COVERED I could only ride for about 2 minutes at 50mph, I learned that 30MPH was about as fast as you wanted to go due to exposure and wind chill factor. Shy of 20 miles miles but most at 10-25mph I was out for about an hour. I am enjoying a beer next to the fire right now.

So Stayed in the Woods! Warmer there.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Good day to be on 2 wheels in the woods!

Very challenging for I was experiencing frost bite after just a mile at 30mph, temp was at 6' so the wind-chill must have been Sub zero. Once I got all my uncovered skin COVERED I could only ride for about 2 minutes at 50mph, I learned that 30MPH was about as fast as you wanted to go due to exposure and wind chill factor. Shy of 20 miles miles but most at 10-25mph I was out for about an hour. I am enjoying a beer next to the fire right now.

So Stayed in the Woods! Warmer there.
                        NICE,
                        I had a 77 DT400 yellow and black and I might have had more fun on that bike than any other.

Comment

I had a great time riding today. Left early at about 7:30 and realized my heated glove liners had blown a fuse. It did warm up nicely but man I wished early on I had an extra fuse in my stash. I do now!

I just liked this tree, so here's my first photo stop.

One more, peeking through a fence at the GS...

And just a neat view of the Manzano Mountains.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rode the Racer today...

... and I know I promised more GS-based content so here's a picture of the Katana I took this afternoon in my driveway:

Yes, I will be insuring and riding it soon...
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

So Jethro came to Vermont and we took his sleds into the Green Mountains and Champlain Valley!
                              It was epic!

Two NE GSR Mutha's getting some saddle time!

The trails were PERFECT... Minus a water crossing

Awesome weekend!!!!
                              hanks Jethro for coming over!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Awesome! My dad was big time into snowmobiling and him and two close friends took a few trips ever year. Usually to NY state, occasionally Pa, once to VT, and once out west where they rented machines.
                                As a teenager, I was allowed to skip school a few times and go with them. Great memories. In NY, lakes are a part of the trail systems, and the scale of them was unbelievable to me at the time. A few miles across on average, and one was 10 miles across, if I recall. Supposedly many a sled were blown up there from extended WOT runs.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X