No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped for gas today and noticed the sticker on the RV behind me. The driver said he's a road racer and Z1 sponsors him.

Got a few showers today, but still nice to ride for a while. After I pulled into the garage it really started raining hard.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

The racer may have been Dennis Parrish.
      Was he a large man?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        The racer may have been Dennis Parrish.
        Was he a large man?
        http://www.randakksblog.com/what-ive...ge-roadracing/
        No, that wasn't him, maybe just a roadie. He did seem to be a big guy though.

I walked over and he rolled the window down to talk. If he hadn't just started the engine and buckled his seat belt, and the rain hadn't just started again, maybe we would have visited for a while.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I just know Dennis from a Honda website and he seems like a good guy.
          He does live in Corrales.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            I just know Dennis from a Honda website and he seems like a good guy.
            He does live in Corrales.
            Well, that's gotta be him or his rig then. Corrales is a small place. How many vintage road racers could there be in a population of 8,500 people?

If you chat with him anytime soon you can mention you sort of know the guy on the old GS riding in the rain for no apparent reason. I asked if he worked for Z1, I suppose in a roundabout way he does.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Oh what fun .. It has gotten close to 100F already but this morning is was a cool and overcast 80F so I decided to head out to canyon lake. It turns into a nice twisty road and its recently paved so I was determined to try and scrape my pegs. The new tires were a dream and the bike soared up to 9000rpm without a single complaint.

The lake was beautiful and while I ride all year I hadnt been here since the fall. Being early in the season not to many people so all the wildlife was out in force and I ran over a rattle snake on the way out. I hope he was dead when I went over him. Birds that stand up almost to my shoulders and everything is in bloom. Wish I had a cooler picture with all the wonderful things out there but instead all I have is this pic of my Bike in the parking lot when I got back from hiking around.

I have gone to the other side of that little mountain on a rubber raft and you can spot a fair amount of big horn sheep. Only bad thing about being outdoors right now is Rattle snakes and bees are especially active right now so you do have to keep an ear open when walking about

Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Out racing around tonight.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Not a bike but got a ride in this.

Guess I need to figure out how to flip pics
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                    Oh what fun .. It has gotten close to 100F already but this morning is was a cool and overcast 80F so I decided to head out to canyon lake. It turns into a nice twisty road and its recently paved so I was determined to try and scrape my pegs. The new tires were a dream and the bike soared up to 9000rpm without a single complaint.

The lake was beautiful and while I ride all year I hadnt been here since the fall. Being early in the season not to many people so all the wildlife was out in force and I ran over a rattle snake on the way out. I hope he was dead when I went over him. Birds that stand up almost to my shoulders and everything is in bloom. Wish I had a cooler picture with all the wonderful things out there but instead all I have is this pic of my Bike in the parking lot when I got back from hiking around.

I have gone to the other side of that little mountain on a rubber raft and you can spot a fair amount of big horn sheep. Only bad thing about being outdoors right now is Rattle snakes and bees are especially active right now so you do have to keep an ear open when walking about

That dead snake was dinner for another animal before you got home, so don't worry about it. You bike looks really clean! I got a rack like that too, but I need to paint it black.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I seemed to have killed my Michelin man on my Road 5's this weekend. Lots of running (in the rain and cold) for I lost a close member of my family over the weekend...

Tech day today!!! I need a new shoe in a bad way.,..
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Rode it first time, last years squashed bugs included…

Rides real good, love the way it handles, turns in EZ predictable.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          That dead snake was dinner for another animal before you got home, so don't worry about it. You bike looks really clean! I got a rack like that too, but I need to paint it black.
                          I have the Sissy bar that goes with it but .. took it off immediately. I certainly like the look of the bike sans rack a bit better but its my primary transport now that I work from home and it sure comes in handy when making post office runs or going to the shooting range. I can load up 20 lbs of ammo and guns and off I go.

I took my time about a year and a half ago and gave it a good good sanding. I wasnt going to pay to have it blasted and I didnt bring it all the way to bare metal but it was well sanded. After that I spent two days giving medium coats of Rustoleum. After letting it cure for 4 days that paint is tough as nails. I am impressed. It should be scratched to hell by now or bleached out by the sun but the rustoleum it turns out is a very quality paint.

Comment

Got out for an early evening ride.
                            Enjoying that is running better, and forks not slobbering, and tensioner not dripping.
                            (and that have cleaned up all the slobbered fork oil, and tensioner leaked engine oil, well, most all)

Rode into town, looking for "walls"
                            (See Picture Of The Week for details, and other folks postings.)

And then I saw the clutch actuator seal is dripping some down the cover. (cant see in pic)
                            Had been a little smudge there before. I think I bought a replacement seal some time ago.

Last edited by Redman; 05-14-2019, 01:42 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was just the other day I was so happy the bike running so well after the carb rebuild-cleaning and other work.

Today Took the bike out to runn some errands, and started running like c-ca-cra-crap, a bit of a shutter-stutter. Seems to idle, but the stutter on accell, and not the accelleration it should be, and can feel the stuttering at higher speed. Is a real quick stutter, maybe better described as a shudder.

Very discouraging.

Stopped an let it sit for about 5 minutes, #2 pipe was cold while others still warm.
                              Ran it some more to get home a few miles, stopped and checked pipes again, #2 pipe a little warm by head and cold further down, others hot. So #2 is not heating up.

Makes me want to read the "why some folks should not have old bikes" again.

Next few days I have a lot other stuff going on, then will be completely unavailable to work on it for about 3 1/2 weeks, then will have not much more than a week before Brown County.

Trying to think of what to check first. Plug wires were trimmed back last year, and new caps last fall. But I can check those again. New plugs with the recent work.
                              CAn check spark on #2.
                              Since is cyclinder 2, I can see if blocking off the vacuum line to the petcock makes a difference.
                              Other than those, I cant think of anything else.
                              Dont know weither to post in "Ignition" or "4 cylinder". Maybe after I find out a bit more.

Am annoyed and discouraged. Looking for any words of wisdom.
                              Last edited by Redman; 05-15-2019, 10:39 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ride? What's a ride. Been a sh*t spring so far. I know have this orange two wheeled thing in the back of the shed somewhere and a big ole Spyder in there as well. Between wind, flaring up arthritis, a 15 yr old that needs 24/7 supervision and now an injured knee ( massive hematona on it and swelling from a fall this last weekend) my riding has been crap. One decent ride about 4 weeks ago. Was looking forward to AspenCash in Ruidoso this weekend but nooooooo.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X