• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozman View Post
    i think stators surplus booty should be sent home for his trophy cabinet
    one day he might make it back to the land of the long white cloud

ozman
    I think his booty is best sampled by his hosts as he makes his way around(as Highway glider suggested), else he'll need a trailer to haul it. Besides, it's a nice way to spread a taste of culture from regional loons to loons

He doesn't need to come back to the start. He can travel as long as hosts are willing, or until he ends up in Franks (or someone's) trophy cabinet. Or perhaps he leaves us at the end of a teddy run somewhere??? No need to plan ahead anyway.

He hasn't made it to SA yet. If he goes everywhere else first, perhaps he could retire at Uncle Stan's. (where his trip was first suggested).
    Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Hi All, I have been playing catch up, as I have been a bit scarce of late, due to life getting in the way.
      Hence I have not had any chance to update the travel map, could someone please PM me Stator's route and stops with dates since arriving in the US so I can bring the map up to date.
      I will take what I can from the posts, but would just like to be sure I don't miss anyone.

Comment

Stator at Brown County

Stator was happy to join the crowd at the Story Inn breakfast on Saturday.

Afterwards he hung around outside the front door exchanging pleasantries with the riders as they filed out.

Here he is filling in Norm (Storm 64) in on some route details during a stop at the Gatesville Country Store on our after breakfast ride.

Last edited by dpep; 07-07-2014, 10:13 PM.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Must be time for an update? Did Stator get to participate in the Independance day celebrations??

Comment

Send stator my way love to give him a ride thru the ol' Hawkeye state...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
              Must be time for an update? Did Stator get to participate in the Independance day celebrations??
              They'll probably go on all weekend - you know those crazy yanks.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Yes, Stator enjoyed a good old fashioned Fourth of July cookout and got to see the fireworks over the river here in Jacksonville. Pictures to follow.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Florida GSers, here is your Stator chance.

It is kind of short notice, so I am posting this in multiple forums. Plan to meet and have your picture taken with Stator this Sunday, July 13th at Gator Joe's in Oklawaha, south of Ocala.

Plan on arriving between one and two. We will do a short ride around horse country and/or Ocala National Forest afterward if there is interest.

Pass it on.

**ALERT** This event has been cancelled due to insufficient interest.

Last edited by dpep; 07-11-2014, 10:16 PM.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                    It is kind of short notice, so I am posting this in multiple forums. Plan to meet and have your picture taken with Stator this Sunday, July 13th at Gator Joe's in Oklawaha, south of Ocala.

Plan on arriving between one and two. We will do a short ride around horse country and/or Ocala National Forest afterward if there is interest.

Pass it on.
                    I thought that the original idea was to pass Stator on and post pictures of different parts of this planet not a meet and greet like Santa at a shopping mall or a politician at a rally.
                    Florida is a big state and several GSR members live all over it. Isn't he getting passed on to other Florida GSR members??? Is this his last stop?

Comment

I gave up on this idea, it started off well and good, but it changed somewhere along the line...

ohhhh well

from what I see he eats and drinks way too much, probably would have cost me a small fortune to have him even a day.....LOL

at least he was in Canada, for a brief moment....

Comment

I think the plan was for Don to pass him on at the B.C. rally. Maybe Stator can do more time in USA/Canada before going to Europe...
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                          I thought that the original idea was to pass Stator on and post pictures of different parts of this planet not a meet and greet like Santa at a shopping mall or a politician at a rally.
                          Florida is a big state and several GSR members live all over it. Isn't he getting passed on to other Florida GSR members??? Is this his last stop?
                          It seems to me that for Stator to be passed on, someone has to meet.
                          Sometimes, more people meet than at other times.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                            Eric, this may surprise you, but not everyone in Florida has an interest in hosting Stator. In fact not every GS rider in Florida does. My original post two weeks ago notifying Florida members of his presence in our state has received responses from exactly two, Earl in Brooksville and 1948man in Gainesville.

I would like to have Stator in contact with as many members as possible and to pass him off to someone who will continue his journey as quickly as possible. But reality intrudes.

If Stator is not going to travel extensively in our state then he needs to be passed on to someone in another part of the country before much more of the riding season passes. More so than most other members I travel to other sections of the country to meet with other GSR members. His best chance of getting moved out of Florida in the company of a GSR member is most likely with me.

If the meeting this Sunday is attended by someone who wants to take charge of Stator AND be responsible for getting him to another part of the country that would be great. Otherwise we are going to have some fun with him this Sunday and I will bring him back to North Florida for at least another week or two of photo ops before my next venture north when I can deliver him safely to his next host. I will be posting in this thread to determine who, when, and where that will happen.
                            Last edited by dpep; 07-08-2014, 02:48 PM.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                              Eric, this may surprise you, but not everyone in Florida has an interest in hosting Stator. In fact not every GS rider in Florida does. In my original post two weeks ago notifying Florida members of his presence in our state has received responses from exactly two, Earl in Brooksville and 1948man in Gainesville.

I would like to have Stator in contact with as many members as possible and to pass him off to someone who will continue his journey as quickly as possible. But reality intrudes.

If Stator is not going to travel extensively in our state then he needs to be passed on to someone in another part of the country before much more of the riding season passes. More so than most other members I travel to other sections of the country to meet with other GSR members. His best chance of getting moved out of Florida in the company of a GSR member is most likely with me.

If the meeting this Sunday is attended by someone who wants to take charge of Stator AND be responsible for getting him to another part of the country that would be great. Otherwise we are going to have some fun with him this Sunday and I will bring him back to North Florida for at least another week or two of photo ops before my next venture north when I can deliver him safely to his next host. I will be posting in this thread to determine who, when, and where that will happen.
                              Don,

any chance you can bring Stator to the PNW rally?
                              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                              2007 DRz 400S
                              1999 ATK 490ES
                              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                                Don,

any chance you can bring Stator to the PNW rally?
                                I would love to do that, but it is two months away. I think he needs to get around a little bit before then. One possibility might be that I hand him off for an east coast swing and then pick him back up on the way to Cranbrook in Sept.

I guess I need a show of hands from all who would like to host Stator or at least move him along. We could then start putting together an itinerary to try to include as many as possible. Who wants the little fella next?

Nature bats last.

Comment

Working...
                                X