This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpep View Post
    Sorry, Allie. I thought that in your response to CowboyUp (post #399) you indicated that the lack of interest from anyone else back east had taken you out of consideration for now. I know you would make a fantastic host for the little guy. If I at all had the time I would deliver him personally to your door. You might try to drum up a little more interest your way to establish a hand-off chain that will move him along. There is still plenty of time in the season and you definitely deserve some time with the bear.
    That's a good idea, maybe if I post something in the regional section... I'd think muffins would be a good incentive to come my way for some folks. Liver flavored muffins, I'd try 'em!
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Don, if you can get him to cowboy. Then I could get Stator from from cowboy. I could then run him over to Maryland, pick up Cheryl then we could deliver him to Allie... One way or the other Stator needs muffins...
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hum.

I have met Stator. He will like muffins for sure but he will definitively like them if barley and hops is involved.

Barley muffins?
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

All this talk of muffins got me wanting some too

Doesn't seem like Stator will be around my area anytime very soon - But if he ever wants to visit here, bear (ahem) in mind I have a supplier who imports stuff from the USofA regularly... If he has to be made comfy in a box to get here (or back out), at least I'd know he'd be in safe hands.

Muffins. I'm going to make some right away!

Comment

From my read of the recent posts in this thread it appears that there are two members who would like to host Stator, CowboyUp in Ohio and leedutcher in Iowa. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE??? Speak Now.
            ahem...we did

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            He certainly needs to get up to the Wisconsin/Illinois area. Let's not forget our riding season is shorter than the southern states. He can always visit those places when we're fighting off the annual encroachment of the glaciers.....
            If hand-to-hand isn't going to work, then perhaps he needs to fly Air FedEx to the next host. One possible route looks to be eastern seaboard (New Joisey) - Ohio - Western Great Lakes - Southwest - Left Coast - Pacific NW? ....or variations thereof

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
              He certainly needs to get up to the Wisconsin/Illinois area. Let's not forget our riding season is shorter than the southern states. He can always visit those places when we're fighting off the annual encroachment of the glaciers.....
              850GT, I did not see in your statement a commitment personally to host Stator, only that he needed to be in your area. I was looking for statements that began with "I" rather than "He" or "We".

If you are telling me that you would like to host the bear and take responsibility for moving him along, I will happily add your name to the list and to the planning.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Don, why would someone want him in their area unless they wanted to host?

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Chile muffins are waiting on Stator.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Yknow, bran muffins made with beer might not be a complete catastrophe. I've got a big bag of chiles in the freezer from a neighbor too.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                      Don, why would someone want him in their area unless they wanted to host?
                      Slave labor. Yap, thum bears is good workers if they'z whooped proper-like now 'n' agin.
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                        Yknow, bran muffins made with beer might not be a complete catastrophe. I've got a big bag of chiles in the freezer from a neighbor too.
                        Um no, chile muffins in New Mexico...that and Stator well get to pick his own chilies even...see where I'm getting at yet lol.
                        Last edited by mrbill5491; 07-12-2014, 12:44 PM.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                          Um no, chile muffins in New Mexico...that and Stator well get to pick his own chilies even...see where I'm getting at yet lol.
                          I'll put my chiles in any dad burned thing I want to!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                            Slave labor. Yap, thum bears is good workers if they'z whooped proper-like now 'n' agin.
                            But you gotta feed 'em once in a while (I hear they like fried chicken), or else.....

Brady gets up close and personal with a brown bear to show you what it's like to get pushed around by such a powerful animal.➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGe...
                            sigpic

SUZUKI:
                            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

850GT, I did not see in your statement a commitment personally to host Stat., only that he needed to be in your area. I was looking for statements that began with "I" rather than "He" or "We".

If you are telling me that you would like to host the bear and take responsibility for moving him along, I will happily add your name to the list and to the planning.
                              I didnt want to sound self-serving or possessive. Sorry to be unclear.

Except for the immediate next two weeks (business travel), of course I'm willing to act as host and arrange meets and/or handoffs. In fact, I was the one willing to take him to Ireland with us at the end of August, but I dont think he can complete a US tour by then.

Comment

Be careful what you ask for...
                                I for one don't ever want to see that little mollycoddled moocherpoocher ever again!
                                All the girls swoon over him, while he gets free transport, accommodations, first class company, food and drink all over the globe and feels he deserves it.
                                (worse than Rick Steves)

He can eat and drink twice his weight daily.
                                Not to mention he climbs on ANY & EVERYTHING.
                                Dirtier than a Hungarian phrasebook plus he's getting a bit mankey as well!

I say deport the freeloader!

If he falls off the back of a members bike in Florida, say near alligator alley, I will not participate in the search party!

Yeah, I know it's like slagging Mother Teresa, The Pope or The Dali Llama, not a popular view to voice, but has to be said nonetheless!

I have a roasting pike ready should we meet again...
                                Last edited by Notz; 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X