This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
    I can't believe how many years it took me to hit on this thread. It's one of the cutest I've ever seen!
    Stator is absolutely adorable.... Will you ever share him with your American friends?
    Of Course he'll go back to the States.

But first he has to drink all the beer.
    Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
    1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

When we were young, we would pour beer on our hair and go out in the sun. We thought it made our hair look lighter~! Kids...

I hope Stator is of age. I wouldn't want to see you guys in the pokey!

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
        I hope Stator is of age. I wouldn't want to see you guys in the pokey!
        Gramma, you have to understand: Stator is a Kiwi. He was born "of age".

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I hadn't looked at stator's progress for a while either. I'm a little surprised he's not sporting some more patches or badges from places and events he's been...
          The average Kiwi tourist would have a container load of swag by now.

Comment

So what are you saying? Isn't a Kiwi a fruit? Are you saying he's gay? LOL
            Maybe someone would tell me what 'else' a kiwi could be...

Comment

Kiwi is like Yank or Kanuck. Just slang for a New Zealander. It's based on a bird though, not a fruit......
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

OK thanks. I'll try better to keep up. (I forgot about the bird...)

Comment

One also as to remember that in Bear-Years And taking into account the time zone changes he goes though, Stator is older than he looks.

Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Wow! He must have a great beautician. What a great dye job he has these days!!!!

Comment

All this talk about Stator drinking has reminded me of a song titled "The Pub With No Bear". Some of the Aussies will probably know of it.
                      • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                      • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                      • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                      • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

So how's Stator doing?
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Right now he has discovered a new west coast Kanadian word. GORE-TEX !! There is a light at the end of the tunnel if the forecast is right { Environment Kanada has difficulty predicting yesterday's weather } I'm hoping to get some pics around the city and then pass him to BigD83 for more.....

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

He sure is a cute little bugger! And he looks warm and well taken care of.... He doesn't have a red-bulbous nose from drinking. He looks good!

Comment

It's been beautiful weather the last couple of days so Stator and I decided to go for a quick spin around Stanley Park. I'm still a little weak so I'm only good for an hour or so out. I'll be passing him over to Big D83 for a better look around sometime this week.
                              Anyway on the way to the park Stator spotted some palm trees. He couldn't believe we have them in Kanada. I told him they were Snow Palms { he sure is a gullible little fella }

A little stop a English Bay just before entering the park. There is a beach just on the other side of the grass. Huge crowds I guess because it was Sunday.......

A little stop by the Rowing Club and seawall in the park. That seawall in front is about five miles around the park. Nice place to go for a walk or bicycle ride......

And another by the nine o'clock gun. That's it in that little shack on the left. A cannon they fire off every night at nine o'clock.......

1983 GS 750

Comment

Nice pics. Those look like tall Palmetto palms. I hated the Palmetto palms in FL, and they were everywhere. They harbored bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs. YUCK! You don't have Palmetto bugs there do you? Man I hated those things.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X