This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    I think he should make the trip to 'merica with you and Deb this summer Simon.
    That would be great timing and logistics, but he hasn't had his chance at walkabout yet.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Anybody have any idea where the wayward bear is?
      He get nabbed by border cops for something, still in NZ, crossed over to Oz????

Comment

He's in safe hands in Australia. I'm not sure what he is up to but I'm sure there will be some good stories when he surfaces.
        • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
        • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
        • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
        • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

did the bear want to go to indonesia ? i'm looking forward to see him in person....err i mean in bear....coz in here...my bear was waiting too
          Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

At this rate, the bear will take another year before he gets on Canadian soil......

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
              At this rate, the bear will take another year before he gets on Canadian soil
              are there so many member GSR in aussie ? if yes....then he will takes couple years until he knock your door...hehe
              Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Anybody have any idea where the wayward bear is?
                He get nabbed by border cops for something, still in NZ, crossed over to Oz????
                or a GSR grand-daughter has keep stator in her room....coz all young girl loves bear...

Comment

What a fantastic concept, shame it has stalled. Maybe, get bear-one ride-scenic photos of your part of the world-pass on, would be a good formula. Don't take bear unless you can carry this on? I guess it will be a while until he's back in NZ, but I'll put my hand up.

Comment

This is a tough concept to follow. We are doing it over on kzrider with a flag across North America. We made it to the west coast in 2013, hope to finish in 2014. But still tough to coordinate.

Comment

Any Aussies able to contact Ozman and see what's up? Last message from him said he was out of town working and without access to this forum.

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Maybe the sheepshaggers have taken a special liking to poor stator. He may need someone handy with needle and thread now, if you know what I mean!

Comment

Can someone chime in here for me. How exactly do we get the bear? The Northwest GSR rally has been set and I for one think a Bear deserves to be where it's home is. Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada.
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I got Stator by communicating with other GSR members nearby who had had the pleasure of his company - Colin Green and Greg T (in New Zealand everyone is nearby). I had an event that I thought would be good to give coverage to and they ensured that I got him in time. I was contacted by Ozman who also had an activity in mind so after about three weeks of Stators company I forwarded him on to Australia, as there were no other members in NZ who had contacted me.

I think that this is probably the way that it should be done. Keep him in the same country/state as long as he is on the move and posts about whereabouts and activities are forthcoming. I realise that this means that it could take a while for him to reach your part of the world but it also means that it will be a long time before he is in this part again. It will also keep postage costs to a minimum.

A maximum of a four week stay with one member perhaps?

Comment

Four weeks???? He is a GS, he needs to be moving...

Comment

Originally posted by gs58 View Post
                                I got Stator by communicating with other GSR members nearby who had had the pleasure of his company - Colin Green and Greg T (in New Zealand everyone is nearby). I had an event that I thought would be good to give coverage to and they ensured that I got him in time. I was contacted by Ozman who also had an activity in mind so after about three weeks of Stators company I forwarded him on to Australia, as there were no other members in NZ who had contacted me.

I think that this is probably the way that it should be done. Keep him in the same country/state as long as he is on the move and posts about whereabouts and activities are forthcoming. I realise that this means that it could take a while for him to reach your part of the world but it also means that it will be a long time before he is in this part again. It will also keep postage costs to a minimum.

A maximum of a four week stay with one member perhaps?
                                Crap...that means I've got to read the whole thread to figure out who actually is responsible for him right now as no one is posting about his where abouts. Oh well gives me something to do while drinking beers
                                Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X