Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day in , like, forever with no rain.
    And...Gosh...Is that the sun?

Time to save the lawn and pick up some dead leaves.

Stator got to play in the leaves.

And drive the lawn tractor.

A lot of back and forth as the buckets were filling pretty fast.

Me- I think we deserve a cold beer.
    Stator- Me too. Definitively.
    Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
    1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Great set of photos ! Still one of my favourite threads, get to see places all over the world from the comfort of my chair !. Stator sure has seen some amazing places, met some great people, dogs and cats too, one lucky bear !.
      "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
      1978 GS750
      1979 GS750 chop
      1979 GS550
      2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
      2000 Enfield Bullet 500
      1992 XV750 Virago
      2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Hey all.

The trees are bear. See what I did there?

And I guess that the riding season might be over.

Stator and I have now setted into a routine that usually end with me reading him a bedtime story.

His favourite is one my daughter also liked...Long ago.

I have this book that comes with a compartment that contains 4 finger puppets (With googly eyes to boot) that you can flash in a window.
        Of course that involves making the voices and ad libbing...A lot.
        I used to tell the kids that it was "Reading between the lines" what the author forgot to print in the book.

What is there not to like.

Stator likes the part where Petitours (Littlebear) rides a motorcycle through the house trying to catch Boucledor (Godilock) who is also on a bike.
        She is faster but Petitours know the house better. Taking short cuts through the kitchen and bathroom.

His French is coming along very well and he now answer the phone when it rings.
        Last edited by Highway_Glider; 11-09-2018, 02:31 PM.
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Snow 2 days in a row.

Stator is quite disappointed.

I told him that as soon as the weather gets a little better we would go ride my Honda ST90 in the fields and forests just north from here.

Rain, sleet, cold and now snow....Maybe winter is here after all.
          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Hi guys and gals.

Stator and I went visiting some family.

We took a walk by the river in the snow.

Stator says the air was vivifying but the snow made him sleepy.
            Last edited by Highway_Glider; 12-04-2018, 04:20 PM.
            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Stator got his riding gear back from the seamstress. And can't wait to try it on.

Last edited by Highway_Glider; 01-03-2019, 11:23 PM.
              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

looks really good, any trouble getting him suited up again?

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                  looks really good, any trouble getting him suited up again?

V
                  Hello.

Not so much.

The front of his suit is closed with small home made buckles and I had a hard time seeing something that small so close to my head.

But on the whole it went well.

The suit's leather seams are glued and on undressing him one sleeve split a bit.That was repaired.

I must specify that Stators hands are larger than his arms.

Aware of that his hands were squeezed smaller to fit and not stress the seams. No problemo.

His boots are held onto him with safety pins (Tank you Steve). I thought they would give me a hard time.
                  But no.

So again a bit of fiddling but no real problems.

EDIT

Stator wants me to add that the suit is a "Babe magnet" and that it is now twice as effective.
                  Last edited by Highway_Glider; 12-22-2018, 04:56 PM.
                  Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

A very Stator Christmas

Hey all.

We are back from our Christmas travellings.

We went to see my mother for the 1st of the year. That is the biggest family gathering time for us.
                    (Christmas is with the out....I mean In-Laws the first is among us)

When we got there Stator went to check the tree and started examining the loots.
                    Poking, prodding and shaking the packages. Trying to guess the contents.
                    (The labels were in French but he is pretty good at it now)

There we took some glamour shots.

Stator played in an empty box.
                    (He was making engine noises)
                    (I think sometime he was on a motorcycle but not always. May have been locomotives, submarines, boats, first world war tanks and airplanes)
                    At one point I asked him "Where are you going?" and he replied "Travelling Airmail to Australia! First Class!".

I got chocolates but Stator got some new shiny pins.

I tell you, when Stator get is bandanna on he easily weighs twice as much.
                    Last edited by Highway_Glider; 01-03-2019, 11:33 PM.
                    Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                    1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

I think when I had Stator, he only had a couple of pins. His collection has grown! Is he off to Australia?
                      Last edited by Charlie G; 01-04-2019, 12:00 AM.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        I think when I had Stator, he only had a couple of pins. His collection has grown! Is he off to Australia?
                        Hello.

No. Not going anywhere. He was just playing.
                        (I did think that might start a rumour but put that there anyway for fun as it was a box from the US Post)

No member as requested his presence yet.
                        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
                          Hello.

No. Not going anywhere. He was just playing.
                          (I did think that might start a rumour but put that there anyway for fun as it was a box from the US Post)

Daniel, I love how you get the French accent into print. Delightful!

I suspect there will be few riders in the northern Hemisphere who will be motorcycle-trekking for a couple of months. Perhaps Stator will be content to cuddle, and keep warm until then.

Of course, as he is a bear, he just might hibernate.
                          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

H_G, great photos and you have a very keen sense of humour. It's good to see the little fella getting around and showing the rest of us things and places that we would otherwise never get to see. I drove some of Route 66 between St Louis and Chicago a few years ago and it seemed like a good idea for a while, but after a while of seeing the highway only a hundred metres away with traffic getting along at 75mph that was long enough. Maybe the western end is more interesting.
                            • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                            • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                            • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                            • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                              Daniel, I love how you get the French accent into print. Delightful!

I suspect there will be few riders in the northern Hemisphere who will be motorcycle-trekking for a couple of months. Perhaps Stator will be content to cuddle, and keep warm until then.

Of course, as he is a bear, he just might hibernate.
                              Hi Ron.

I have an accent?

When he isn't sleeping he his drinking all my beer and hustling the women in the neighbourhood.

Yes, I expect there will be bikes waking up soon....Cold spell right now. My driveway is all iced up.
                              For some reason when fall got here I thought that he would be going south. Didn't expect him to be with me that long.

Originally posted by gs58 View Post
                              H_G, great photos and you have a very keen sense of humour. It's good to see the little fella getting around and showing the rest of us things and places that we would otherwise never get to see. I drove some of Route 66 between St Louis and Chicago a few years ago and it seemed like a good idea for a while, but after a while of seeing the highway only a hundred metres away with traffic getting along at 75mph that was long enough. Maybe the western end is more interesting.
                              Thank you.

I am glad I rode all the way to California and the west coast (And that the bike behaved enough to get me home) but I wouldn't do it again.
                              Just too far between the good spots.
                              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
                                Hi Ron.

I have an accent?

....snip....
                                Mais oui, Monsieur.
                                I admit to chuckling aloud when I read that sentence. The missing "H" is fairly common with Francophones when speaking English....but you put it in print!
                                I do not know how may others may have recognized it, but that was a nice touch. Well done!

An aside:

In a few weeks I will learn more about the much-delayed trip to Montreal.
                                The company still does not have the equipment, but is expecting it by late-February.
                                Looking forward to seeing you again.
                                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X