No announcement yet.

Bye bye GS 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trent, I don't think you want to sell that bike if you think $4500 is the price you'd need. Step off the quandary docket and just enjoy the bike.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Understood. The 3k I referred to was from watching E bay sales on 1150s, and would involve transport, etc. 82-3 1100e bikes usually fetch more $ then the 1150.
      Yeah, I've had both. From a classic appeal perspective, the 1100 fits the perception the best. From a performance and handling viewpoint, the 1150 wins easily. If you're tall, the 1100 is better ergonomically. If you're 5'10 or shorter, the 1150 is better.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        Trent, I don't think you want to sell that bike if you think $4500 is the price you'd need. Step off the quandary docket and just enjoy the bike.
        I don't want to sell it, I was just mentioning the offer after having sold the 1100. The quandary was a after thought!
        The 550 I had was bought for $400 and also had charging problem but was clean as can be. Traded it for a 69 pontiac gran prix, You wouldn't believe what I got outta that! you really wouldn't LOL
        I guess the quandary docket is a..................

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Understood. The 3k I referred to was from watching E bay sales on 1150s, and would involve transport, etc. 82-3 1100e bikes usually fetch more $ then the 1150.
        At 6:30 pm tonight a friend hooked me up with a number of a guy wanting to sell a 81 1100E That runs and has cams and but needs a lot of work but looks good, got some problem with forks? not bent or anything the guy just said the need rebuilt or replaced? had it on craigslist for a couple months and no serious calls

He wants $650 OBO , I just don't know if I have the desire to get into it. So yeah they can be had for a low decent price! money isn't always everything???
        Last edited by trent; 10-22-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          For $4500, it would have to be under a couple thousand miles on the odometer, in museum perfect condition and looking like it came out of the factory yesterday. heh
          I guess your not going to buy it then..HEH ! LOL

Comment

No way anyone here would spend $4500 on a 750 that had more than 100 miles on it.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
              I guess your not going to buy it then..HEH ! LOL
              I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. LOL

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Someone offered $3,800 for any of my bikes I wouldn't hesitate to sell it, even my 78 1000.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hers what I'm gonna do !

The guy that wants to buy my bike, I'm gonna tell him to visit this site and join if he likes and he is sure to find a better deal! Cause I ain't selling my bike!

I've made several good deals with cars and trucks, I'm keeping my first GS, for a while anyway!

Next spring plan on getting a Harley, any suggestions on which Harley to look into? probably going with some sort of touring model.

Comment

Hers what I'm gonna do !

The guy that wants to buy my bike, I'm gonna tell him to visit this site and join if he likes and he is sure to find a better deal! Cause I ain't selling my bike!

I've made several good deals with cars and trucks, I'm keeping my first GS, for a while anyway!

Next spring plan on getting a Harley, any suggestions on which Harley to look into? probably going with some sort of touring model.
                    I didn't have any idea you were a silk scarf and tassel guy. LMAO Don't forget to get a fancy doo doo rag too. heh
                    Uhhhh, probably whichever one comes in hot pink. OoooooWeee, here comes Twent.
                    Last edited by earlfor; 10-22-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I didn't have any idea you were a silk scarf and tassel guy. LMAO Don't forget to get a fancy doo doo rag too. heh
                      Uhhhh, probably whichever one comes in hot pink. OoooooWeee, here comes Twent.
                      My friend bought a 05-06 ? roadglide and he's put in a lot of money and labor into it, Has air suspension that he can drop down no jiffy stand..LOL He's even got one loud bass boomin stereo on it amps and speakers, fancy rims and all..LOL

Kinda cool bike, I just want something to ride long distances comfortably , to visit some of the members who live aways from me

Comment

My friend bought a 05-06 ? roadglide and he's put in a lot of money and labor into it, Has air suspension that he can drop down no jiffy stand..LOL He's even got one loud bass boomin stereo on it amps and speakers, fancy rims and all..LOL

Kinda cool bike, I just want something to ride long distances comfortably , to visit some of the members who live aways from me
                        There is a reason why you see so many HD's on a trailer.

Comment

There is a reason why you see so many HD's on a trailer.
                          I'm just wondering why I see so many period?

I see more harleys around in the last five six years than I ever did before, A lot of my friends that rode sportbikes and made fun of harleys years ago now have harleys and even older people I know who were into imports of one brand or another and even the dual sport guys Have a harley in there fleet!

I'm starting to think that people who really love motorcycles do not discriminate against any brand. They all have their place! Harley riders must have rubbed people the wrong way somewhere along the history of bikes?

Comment

This is a pic of friends roadglide basket case, He's done a few things to it since this pic!

I think it's been a fun project for him regardless of it being a harley, wish he had a wider pic cause you might have seen a few GS's in there also !
                            Attached Files

Comment

Trent, send him my way. I don't know where you're at, but he can buy my '82 1100E for $3,800 and I might even deliver it. The aluminum engine covers and rear peg mounts need to be polished but she's sweet.

GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Nice bike, I'm gonna tell him about this site! I was told he's into wants a Kawasaki or suzuki 650cc up in the years 78-82

I was told he had bid on a few in Georgia on e-bay last month. And he was gonna drive to get it

Co worker told me his friend in question.. last year had seven bikes in some import bike show thats in K.C in winter months, supposedly he sold a kaw h-2 triple or whatever they were called there for $5,600 that he bought for $2,500 at a auction in Indiana? and just put tires on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X