Bike in a bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lemonshindig View Post
    The local guy wants $650 to powder coat the frame, $108 to powder coat the swing arm, $108 to powder coat both stands, and $450 to cerakote the exhaust.
    Wow! I had my frame, swing arm, battery box, center stand, and all the brackets on my GS done at a place called Novation in Spokane for $200 and they turned out fantastic. That was 7 yrs. ago, however, but I can't imagine the prices have gone to the level you've been quoted. Might be worth a trip to the other side of the state for you.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

The local guy wants $650 to powder coat the frame, $108 to powder coat the swing arm, $108 to powder coat both stands, and $450 to cerakote the exhaust.
      2 years ago, I paid $165 for the frame, and another $65 for the swingarm. I had already stripped and sandblasted them though.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I think the smell produced as you open the engine will be unbearable to live with. But it'll be ok if you wrap it all in plastic when not working on it.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more about this bedroom rebuild. That elevator scene makes me glad I rent a room in a house that allows me use of the garage.

Comment

Anyone have an NOS wiring harness? Does Suzuki still make them?

Mine is probably fixable. But I found several solder connections that were supposed to be bullets. I had to cut them to take the harness off the bike. Then I had a couple eers and remembered that when I first bought this, I cut out several melted bullet connections and replaced them with solder and shrink wrap. At the time I figured I would never take the harness off the bike. Whoops.

Comment

Current:
              Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
              VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
              And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

I bought 50 sets of brass bullet connectors with sleeves off of ebay for about $5.00 IIRC.
                Ron
                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                  I bought 50 sets of brass bullet connectors with sleeves off of ebay for about $5.00 IIRC.
                  Yes - you are right - that was an expensive example.

This lot is $2.71:

Current:
                  Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
                  VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
                  And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Whatever happened to you get what you pay for? I have some of those cheapie ebay connectors in the garage. Quality is crap and I don't use them. One of these days I'll toss them in the trash.

Comment

Hey guys, I had another unplanned learning opportunity.

#4- PB blaster smells awful, especially in a poorly ventilated space.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                        Wow! I had my frame, swing arm, battery box, center stand, and all the brackets on my GS done at a place called Novation in Spokane for $200 and they turned out fantastic. That was 7 yrs. ago, however, but I can't imagine the prices have gone to the level you've been quoted. Might be worth a trip to the other side of the state for you.
                        I am from Spokane, born and raised. Unfortunately, those are Okinawa prices. I guess I should update my profile.

Comment

Hey guys, I had another unplanned learning opportunity.

#4- PB blaster smells awful, especially in a poorly ventilated space.
                          Yup. You may want to invest in one of those in window exhaust fans. Also pay close attention to what products you use. No bike is worth your health...
                          sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Is that #4 PB blaster the orange colored foamy catylist? If so I hate that stuff. Stinks up the garage for days. Why is it the rank stuff just seems to work better though?
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Personally, I’m an Aero Kroil fan. Smells ok, works well.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Is that #4 PB blaster the orange colored foamy catylist? If so I hate that stuff. Stinks up the garage for days. Why is it the rank stuff just seems to work better though?
                                Tastes worse than it smells.
                                At least i was wearing my glasses.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X