Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel system cleaner that works as advertised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference in winter and summer blends is the Reid Vapor Pressure. The RVP dictates the rate of fuel evaporation. Winter blends have a higher RVP to help them burn more easily in colder temp's, while summer blends have a lower RVP to avoid excessive evaporation in hotter temp's. Winter blends help an engine start easier and idle more smoothly. Summer blends help avoid vapor lock in older vehicles, among other emissions benefits.
    I haven't noticed any non-oxygenated fuel pumps in my parts of Utah or California. If non-oxygenated fuel is better for carbureted engines, I doubt we'll be seeing any out here as the powers that be would rather see older vehicles, especially carbureted, off the roads. California is a haven for older vehicles but I haven't seen a choice of fuel yet.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
      I've have always used non ethanol gas in the bike. (other than the occasional fill up when it wasn't available) I'm not using the Lubegard because of, or with ethanol.
      All I've seen here in Utah is fuel with "up to 10% Ethanol". I'm pretty sure it's the same in Calif'. (Man, my memory is getting bad). Do certain brands carry non-Ethanol fuel or is just something offered in specific areas?
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
        I haven't noticed any non-oxygenated fuel pumps in my parts of Utah or California.
        As far as I know, all states allow the sale of non ethanol gas for farm equipment, boats, small engines/motorcycles. I will bet none of the local lawn maintenance businesses or boating centers use ethanol at all.

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.
        Last edited by earlfor; 11-16-2017, 07:05 PM.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Don't get me mixed up, earl. I was talking about the availability of "non-oxygenated" fuel, not "non-ethanol fuel".
          Your reply about non-ethanol fuel maybe selling slow and sitting longer in the tanks kinda scares me off anyway.
          Now, what's the advantages of running non-ethanol fuel? Oh, I'm sorry about your thread changing subject. Just kinda evolved that way.

Comment

Wait a minute...is non-oxygenated and non-ethanol the same thing?

Comment

Yes it is old fella. LOL

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Now, what's the advantages of running non-ethanol fuel? Oh, I'm sorry about your thread changing subject. Just kinda evolved that way.
                Non ethanol gas = better gas mileage, and doesn't destroy "O" rings and seals.

A big negative of ethanol is that it has 300 times the attraction for absorbing water that gas without ethanol (pure gas) has. The fuel absorbing water into the gas and gumming if not used quickly is the big problem with ethanol.

Comment

Yes. Fuel sold in Mn with no ethanol is called non-oxygenated. I am sorry for any for any confusion I have caused. I would like to see if anyone has used the Lubegard in carbs that have stale fuel residue. I hijacked the thread with talk of fuel additives and running problems. Sorry once again. If a station sold you bad fuel and you can prove it by buying more, showing them what they are selling and what is has done to your fuel system, do you guys think there may be some type of recourse?
                  Last edited by limeex2; 11-16-2017, 11:23 PM.
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    Yes it is old fella. LOL
                    Ahhh. I bet you call your dog the same thing. Now I feel special.

Comment

Ahhh. I bet you call your dog the same thing. Now I feel special.
                      Her name is Karma, but I call her Miss Mess frequently, but I can call you that too if you wish. eh

Comment

The difference in winter and summer blends is the Reid Vapor Pressure. The RVP dictates the rate of fuel evaporation.
                        Under certain conditions Mogas ( auto gas ) can be used in light aircraft. Ambient below something and altitude below something else. It's a vapour pressure thing. Just wondering how Avgas would perform in hot places.
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I may be wrong on this but I believe that some of the stations that are selling non-ethanol gas is ONLY available in the premium 91 octane pumps.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                            I may be wrong on this but I believe that some of the stations that are selling non-ethanol gas is ONLY available in the premium 91 octane pumps.
                            Ours is 91 octane
                            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                              Ours is 91 octane
                              It is either 91 or 110 here.

An added bonus from doing this fuel system and combustion chamber cleaning is that my gas mileage has increased from the always 43 mpg to 48 mpg on the past three fill ups.
                              Last edited by earlfor; 11-18-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                                Pure-Gas has iPhone & Android apps that make it easy to find the ethanol-free gas stations.
                                I've been using the Pure-Gas website lately. I found a gas station not to far from me that sells 100%gasoline. It's about. $.45 per gallon more than regular, but worth it in my motorcycles.
                                Attached Files
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X