Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Motorcycle most like a real 80's UJM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll start a new thread but I'm officially trading the XR1200 in... All the numbers are lined up... Had some nice equity into the XR-12...

Deposit is already down, It's on my insurance plan. Guess I can officially announce!!!

So with the sizable proceeds from the FZ6 sale and the equity from the XR... I decided time to put it down into this bad truly standard modern retro motorcycle:

Jedz Moto's 2018 T120

Upon retrospect the Z900RS is a first year bike and buying the XG750A last year really bit me in the A$$... I'll let them work the kinks out firstly for the first few years...

Heated grips, Cruise control (I worked that out into my deal) Gear indicator, Traction/Wheelie control (yes these T-120's wheelie), ABS, Extended 3 year unlimited mile warranty.

Triumph's incentives were really good...

Pretty Stoked!!!!! A proper standard is coming into the Herd!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 04-12-2018, 09:41 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looks great Jedz! Congratulations 👍 I knew you we're going to pull the trigger on something. Can't wait to check it out in person.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Looks great Jedz! Congratulations  I knew you we're going to pull the trigger on something. Can't wait to check it out in person.
        I sat on the idea for awhile. I ran the numbers, had allot more equity in the HD than I thought, with a few $K kicking around in my pocket from the FZ6... It just was a good time to pull the trigger and get rid of a machine i refuse to ride for I'm unsure if it will get me home or not.
        I was ready to run the B-12 this year and I still intend to ride some big miles with it this year but I'll be talking the Bonnie with it's cruise out to Brown County this year.
        Still working out the logistics with the dealer in NH... Lots of paperwork ahead of me. Definitely let you give it a go for a stint! I'm already looking forward to the Cruise control for the slab out!!

Thanks Norm!
        Last edited by Jedz123; 04-12-2018, 11:41 AM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          I'll start a new thread but I'm officially trading the XR1200 in... All the numbers are lined up... Had some nice equity into the XR-12...

Deposit is already down, It's on my insurance plan. Guess I can officially announce!!!

So with the sizable proceeds from the FZ6 sale and the equity from the XR... I decided time to put it down into this bad truly standard modern retro motorcycle:

Jedz Moto's 2018 T120

Upon retrospect the Z900RS is a first year bike and buying the XG750A last year really bit me in the A$$... I'll let them work the kinks out firstly for the first few years...

Heated grips, Cruise control (I worked that out into my deal) Gear indicator, Traction/Wheelie control (yes these T-120's wheelie), ABS, Extended 3 year unlimited mile warranty.

What a Great Bike!

Congrats. It really is a classic looking style...I like it!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Jedz Moto's 2018 T120

Congrats. I'm jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it.
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

That's a sweet bike!
              1983 GS1100E project

Comment

Definitely a very nice bike. I have a prior-generation Bonneville. One of the pluses is the broad availability of Triumph & aftermarket parts to customize it to your needs.

Comment

That T120 looks to be a VERY COOL bike! Congratulations!

What are the accessory plans? A small windshield?

Looking forward for the ride report!
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks All!
                    I put 100 miles on my buddies down in FL and fell in love. Once winter decides to vacate I'll let you know!... Looking like I'll have to hold off for pickup for we will have some very sore roads tomorrow and I refuse to ride in snow/sleet and rain. (the Bonnie is 4 hour round trip away.) I could load the Harley into the back of the pickup however... I have already tried loading that thing in ice and snow before and it's NIGHTMARE. 600lbs of dead weight on glare ice is no fun...

Anyway,
                    I will be putting a detachable windscreen on it, same with engine guards so I can install some highway pegs. With the stock heated grips, Cruise Control and it's 8V engine getting +50MPG on the highway should equate to a great slabbing machine. The stock bench seat is exceptionally comfortable... As any true standard MC's seat should be.

I will be installing some power goodies; the Cross over/Cat delete, K&N filter and some slip ons. All equates to bike in the 90HP range with 90 ft/lbs of torque and a weight drop of about 30lbs. So 90hp on a bike in the low 500lbs wet... More than enough to keep up with most(man now I'm sounding old :P ).

I will also be installing a Givi top case rear rack so I can use my new Monokey Kappa 53L top case. I have some decent throw over saddle bags which I'll use on big multiple day rides. So luggage is in the cards. I really want removable for I will be commuting with the bike and will only utlize the top case 80% of the time however I want to be able to strip it so I can rip it.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

90 hp and 90 lb ft of torque will make for about the perfect blend of real world performance.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

To me the Moto Guzzi V7 and V9 are closest to the UJM. Today's Triumph-Thailand Bonneville may originate closer to Japan than the Guzzi, but the Bonnie is liquid-cooled. Put aside its CBX-like v-twin configuration and the Guzzis with their air cooled motors, shaft drive, long flat seat, exposed coil deal rear shocks, mostly metal body parts and classic lines, and IMO the V7/V9 is the definitive UJM of the 2010s.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        90 hp and 90 lb ft of torque will make for about the perfect blend of real world performance.
                        Too bad the V7 has 50-odd hp from a 750cc? My 650cc GS650G has 25% more from less displacement.
                        Last edited by Admiral Beez; 04-13-2018, 05:06 PM.
                        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

I test rode a few Guzzi's on the Demo rides in Louden last year... Holy slow. Even the 900's V9's are slouchy. And don't rev the engine and try to hold a line the bike jerks to the left (or right) from the engine twist, which I was not a fan of.
                          They have character that's for sure and much better machines than Harley however compared to the Bonneville... There really is no comparison. Everyone is copying them.
                          Oil cooled bikes even with today's advanced tech are inferior to a water-cooled bike in every possible way. Water-cooling allows you to have your cake and eat it too...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            I'll have the B-12 if I need to get my speed freak on...
                            It is going to do everything I need it to do exceptionally well.
                            I highly recommend trying a 2016+ T120 if you get the chance. It truly is by definition; refined.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I love my Triumphs! The new 120 motor is sweet. Hence the name Limee x(times) 2. I enjoy WW2 history. Britain's were nicknamed Limey's. I have 2 Triumphs. Limeex2
                              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

I'll have the B-12 if I need to get my speed freak on...
                                It is going to do everything I need it to do exceptionally well.
                                I highly recommend trying a 2016+ T120 if you get the chance. It truly is by definition; refined.
                                I'm not in a position to be able to afford one, but I do like them.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X