Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you recommend the Morgan Carbtune Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
    I guess there is a tiny bit more fiddling with the gauge set. You have to mess with needle valves a bit to dampen pulsations in the gauge.
    Another issue with the mechanical gauges is that you <should> connect a manifold to them before every use, so every gauge is connected to the same vacuum source at the same time. This will allow you to see if there are differences in the gauge readings and make adjustments, if needed. After making these adjustments and connection to the individual intake ports, you will know that any differences in gauge reading are actual vacuum levels. This is not an issue with the Carbtune or any of the liquid-based units.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here is a good right up comparing the Carbtune, and the MotionPro SyncPro tool. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85245

I have the MotionPro, and the only issue I have had with it, in 7(ish) years is that the fluid dried up a couple years ago. I put a couple drops of water in each tube and it worked fine. I did however find that you can buy new fluid for them, it was like $6 for the small bottle. Was enough to fully refill all 4 back to factory. The thing I like about the MotionPro unit, is that I can synchronize it before each use. From what I have read, you can't do that with the CarbTune unit... Good luck...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        The thing I like about the MotionPro unit, is that I can synchronize it before each use. From what I have read, you can't do that with the CarbTune unit...
        That should really read "you don't need to do that with the CarbTune unit ..." or maybe "you don't have to do that with the CarbTune unit ...".

I read the attached article. He noted that one of his rods was a bit lower than the others. I have not noticed that on mine, nor on any of the others I have used over the years.

The simple fact that you don't HAVE to synchronize it every time makes it that much quicker and easier to use, which means that it might get used more often, which means that your bike will run better.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I never sucked up any mercury but I played around once just to see how easy it could happen. Didn't dare blip the throttle but opened and closed it a couple of times a little slower than a "blip". It's how quickly the throttle is closed that gets you. I had the mercury get a few inches from the top a couple times. Just wanted to know how sensitive it really was.
          I'm not surprised Earl did it , but you, Sandy?
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X