Gsxr parts on a gs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsxr parts on a gs?

A buddy of mine has a 91 gsxr 750 hes parting out. I was considering buying it for some parts for my 82 gs850 if anything is interchangeable. I know I've seen things about gsxr front ends fitting but wasnt sure what years interchanged. Would I be able to use anything from a 91 gsxr on my 82?
    ---Eric

If you can, grab the entire front end, forks, tree, clip-ons, brakes, wheel, even the fender.
    It will make the conversion easier.
    I remember that year 750 having a 29.5" fork length which is desirable.
    No doubt one of the smart guys will be along with info on steering stem length and bearings.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking of snagging the whole bike and just selling off what I dont use. Kind of help us both out.
      ---Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
        Thanks. I was thinking of snagging the whole bike and just selling off what I dont use. Kind of help us both out.
        gsxr 750 forks are usually too short for. GS. If you go full 17 “ conversion the you need longer forks.

Comment

Personally, if I could get it cheap, Id get the whole bike and ride the crap outta it. They were/are pretty good fun bikes.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
            I'm thinking that you can use the GSXR to generate funds for GS parts... but actual parts, no, there's not much there you can use.

You need longer forks if you ever actually want to go around corners.

And the GS850 is pretty darn good at going around corners with the stock forks anyway...
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks guys. If it had a title in would just get it to ride, but I may just pass on it if I cant really use much and focus on getting my 850 road worthy over the winter (fingers crossed)
              ---Eric

Comment

These guys make a Stem and bearing https://cognitomoto.com/collections/rearsets?page=2

Comment

I might be wrong but I believe the 850 and 1000 share a lot of common parts. 1000's being easier to come across
                  '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                  X