Gs1100GK seat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100GK seat cover

I am not sure if this is the correct section for this question but here goes. I am after a seat cover for my 82 GS1100GK. The bike is quite a rare beast here in the UK and parts are hard to find. I am on holiday starting in Houston and ending up at Daytona bike week starting in 7 days. I would like to buy a seat cover and maybe some other parts to bring home. Any recommendations for suppliers along the gulf coast and Florida. Will there be a lot of parts vendors at Daytona bike week?

This company is located somewhere in Texas, and makes seat covers for most vintage Suzukis:
    1982 1983 1984 Suzuki GS 1100 GKZ (Motorcycle Seat) Motorcycle Seat Cover

They somehow have a library of original seat patterns and make new ones to order. The seat covers are the correct shape to fit the original foam, but do not look stock. And IIRC, the GK used different colors of vinyl.

Even though this doesn't really fit into your trip, they do ship internationally.

Or perhaps you can contact a few of the Floridians on this forum.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Here is a link to a PitReplica site. A few people on the site have had sucess with this company out of Thailand. I recently bought a cover for a GS850g for my 83 GS1100g. I feel it best resembles the stock cover on my bike. You may want to review pictures in our gallery and other sources and compare with your bike to ditermine which cover to use.

With more than 30years of upholstery experience, we produce only the best quality and professionally hand crafted seat cover. We observe every detail to ensure a total facelift of your bikes?. High-grade industrial strength marine vinyl are used to ensure durability.

sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yeah, Pit Replica's covers are much closer to stock appearance. Not exact. I have no idea whether they make a GK cover; these are a bit different than the G covers. I do know that some people have sent them an old cover to use to create a pattern they didn't already have, and they have provided a free or discounted cover in return.

As far as other parts and such, I don't know whether you can expect to find much at Daytona -- most swap meets in the US are mostly Harley, but I haven't been to that one. You might want to make a post in parts wanted with some of the specific things you're looking for. I know there are several GSR folks in that area, and perhaps you can work something out where someone local can collect parts for you to pick up.

We've always treated international visitors quite well!
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies and advice. I have checked out the seat cover link and was going to order a cover before I discovered and purchased not a good one on eBay in America. Now looking coward to a good road trip holiday

Comment

Working...
          X