Repair manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair manuals

Hi having just done a new clutch recently using my haynes manual and then finding the one on basscliff,s site much better just wondering if the clymer manual will be any better than the haynes one or do i try and find one like basscliff,s,

Its not an easy find this side of the pond and i am thinking of buying one stateside but its the postage.
    I have put the feelers out over here plenty of clmer one,s the one on basscliffs is not so easy to get.

Appreciate any advice/info, cheers,Mark.
    ​suzuki gs750 db

I do recomend Clymers over the Haynse.
    And i do recommend having the factory manaul in addition to the Clymers.
    The factory manaul does have more information, and more pictures, but relys on factory special tools a lot.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thank you i,ve got a clymer on order looks like i,ll be adding a factory manual to my wish list,
      as for special tools to do certain jobs they are a need i,m so glad i bought the ebc clutch tool really helped me
      got no worries in taking a clutch out again should i need to.
      ​suzuki gs750 db

Comment

I printed out the factory manual from Basscliff's site.

A binder, a hole punch and a pile of paper were required. Also a shyte load of time, as each page had to be sized up, and I wanted front and back printing. Of course, after sizing up, the quality of the pics suffers.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Just download and save the one on Basscliff's site
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

How long did it take to print off must of used a load of ink which i,ve just renewed and cost a small fortune,
            but seriously if i were too print it off how long would it take roughly.
            ​suzuki gs750 db

Comment

Originally posted by markla View Post
              How long did it take to print off must of used a load of ink which i,ve just renewed and cost a small fortune,
              but seriously if i were too print it off how long would it take roughly.
              It was many hours, it was days. But after 24 years on 4 wheels, it was a labor of love. And to be honest, I was being 'financed'. I had a sponsor. I loved the Epsom Stylus Photo 1400 I did the printing on, but in a way I'm kind of glad it's broken. These days, I couldn't afford to keep it's 8 ink cartridges full.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I've found it's well worth having all the manuals you can get your hands on; they all suck, and they're all absolutely riddled with errors (yes, even the FSM), but they all suck in different ways, so often you can get a better idea of what's happening by reading and comparing all.

The scanned PDF or photocopied factory manuals are often too blurry to be much good; you can't see anything in most of the pics. But they're just about all you can get now.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                  I've found it's well worth having all the manuals you can get your hands on; they all suck, and they're all absolutely riddled with errors (yes, even the FSM), but they all suck in different ways, so often you can get a better idea of what's happening by reading and comparing all.

The scanned PDF or photocopied factory manuals are often too blurry to be much good; you can't see anything in most of the pics. But they're just about all you can get now.
                  You speak the truth - read and compare all.

Comment

Thanks for the input got a couple of auto jumbles taking place in september my list of things to get is growing longer by the week.
                    Will be having a good look at stalls with books and manuals you never know i might get lucky.

Thank you,Mark.
                    ​suzuki gs750 db

Comment

Working...
                    X