No announcement yet.

90 degree screwdriver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a hardware store geardrive I use where it works..seen on an inner 650's CV carb here, but yes,it's a nuisancecatching the slot . Really, it's better to lift the tank out of the way so I can see what's what....(obviously, bits can be changed and various screw drivers to turn the end) NOTE where I filed the bulky casting away so it'd fit where it didn't before
    90degree-mixadjust.jpg

Edgecrusher's post
    Then the end of the rigid tube it rides in is flared at the end to allow it to hug the boss your mixture screw is in and align it.
    was interesting...something could possibly be added to any of these tools suggested to help align it over the screw.
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 11-20-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

The blue Motion Pro tool came in the mail today. I took the BB out and it does work better that way. I was having trouble with the gears not meshing smoothly and kinda "catching". I dribbled some engine oil on them and it worked much better. Got the job done but not as well as I'd hoped. At least I didn't have to pull the carbs.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Yeah, now that you mention it, I had to lube it up as well. And that is EXACTLY why I was fairly happy with it (after the minor modifications). I don't have to pull the carbs out just to adjust the mixture screws.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
        X