Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82' GS1100GK seemed like a good idea at the time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Roger, it wasn't just the GK that got the taller final ratio, it was ALL of the '83 1100 shafties. I am keeping my eye open for one to bring my revs back down to about where they were with the 17" wheel.

No kidding on keeping an eye out, I'm up to 3 extra 82 model differentials and have never crossed a real 83. Even had an Ebay vender give me the vehicle's VIN once to verify and still ended up with an older diff from an 83 VIN.

Comment

Originally posted by MArider View Post
      update on Brown Betty. Recovered the seat after reshaping the seat foam. (serape blanket repurposed and actually turned out pretty well. Also waterproofing after work today)
      Colorfull.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I know this is going to be to many peoples cup o tea but its mine..it actually more comfortable with the bars for me than the stock ones.

Comment

.......................Custom handlebars should be here mid next week (12inch tall T Bars from Deep Six Cycles) I like to be a little different. ...........
          Any pics with that?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Any pics with that?
            should be a picture on my last post with the new bars.

Comment

How do you like your bimmer redman? Theres one for sale near me for a song with 68000 on it.

Comment

How do you like your bimmer redman? Theres one for sale near me for a song with 68000 on it.
                Is the "One" an 02 R1150RT?
                The most problem prone, most expensive catastrophic failure model the company ever put out.
                If you think BMW has a repretation of reliability (as I did), I would now say that is based on the old airheads of the 50s-60s-70s-80s. THen in the ninetys started comming out with more and more models (I think that is about when they combined the auto and mocykle engineering).

Rides nice. Comfortable.

If go to BMW functions, is a different world.
                Last edited by Redman; 06-02-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X