• Time
  • Show
Clear All

watch ... it'll become the favorite !
    great score!!
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Why not me, I deserve a deal like this sometime. If you'd paid double it would have still been a great deal. Now, here's my opinion? I love my "99" B12S, very comfortable seat, very good seating pos. very light & nimble feeling, more like a 600, very readable analog instruments, really fits "ME" well. My "05" is not near as comfortable, just OK, narrower seat, it leans me over too much & the hoses & wires too short for taller handlebars. Dale walker does offer a kit with taller bars, longer hoses & wire extenders. The "05" feels heavier, longer, & not as nimble as the "99". & fairing mounted mirrors work but not as well as the "99" handlebar mounted ones. The digital instruments, mounted down in the fairing, are hard to see. My buddy's "08" 1250S has bags & travel trunk, hard to compare it as it feels really top heavy, but his orig. seat was worse than my "05" seat, bad enough he spent the money for an aftermkt., (Sargent's I think) replacement. Congrats on a grrrreat deal & please don't think I'm knocking anyone's bike. Just say'in how much I love my "99" Bandit 1200S.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Found a great Corbin seat for it today. If I keep it I’ll will do ss brake lines, super bike bars. I maybe shouldn’t ride it...lol
        No signature

Comment

You've already got one fast bike
          Your garage must be pretty crowded
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            You've already got one fast bike
            Your garage must be pretty crowded
            Hi Todd,
            yes I have a garage full...7 right now. All are running in good condition. The way I like it... I twitch a lot when I have a bike in the garage that I can’t ride on a trip if I want to... it’s a lot of work for sure. Too many
            No signature

Comment

Spent many hours today cleaning the bike...who am I fooling? There is no way I can sell this bike! To have a such a capable touring machine at the ready for only $1250 is just too irresistible.
              Going to get a plate tomorrow.

No signature

Comment

yeah the "flip it or ride it" question. That's easy. Ride it for the summer- sell next spring for (minimum I'd say) $2500. Seems there's a lot of bikes around here for $2500+ (and not bad deals at that price) but VERY few for $1250 anymore.

You definitely scored there but if you like it a lot, keep it...I know about the "too-many-bike syndrome" I seem to waste 15minutes trying to choose among which bike to ride today? I like em ALL so much. But It's a good life! Just Look at all the bikes you can have for the price of a used harley!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  yeah the "flip it or ride it" question. That's easy. Ride it for the summer- sell next spring for (minimum I'd say) $2500. Seems there's a lot of bikes around here for $2500+ (and not bad deals at that price) but VERY few for $1250 anymore.

You definitely scored there but if you like it a lot, keep it...I know about the "too-many-bike syndrome" I seem to waste 15minutes trying to choose among which bike to ride today? I like em ALL so much. But It's a good life! Just Look at all the bikes you can have for the price of a used harley!
                  Lol...my wife has caught me standing in the garage trying to decide which bike to ride more than once...
                  First world problems..
                  No signature

Comment

Deciding which one to ride is probably the best problem I've ever had. Now being 66 yr. old I need to get rid of a few, deciding which ones to get rid of has became a real pain in the rectum.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      I twitch a lot when I have a bike in the garage that I can’t ride on a trip if I want to...
                      Doin' a lot of twitching here.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure I'm keeping it...lol...got a plate and insurance today....took it for a good ride today...carbs will need cleaning though...idle is a bit rough. But boy is this bike fun to ride..so smooth and pulls hard...and it handles so well. I can't believe I got this bike so cheap!
                        Did oil and filter and new rear brake pads. Tomorrow new plugs...not like our old GS's as I have to take the tank off to change the plugs...

So I put my stamp on it too...lol

No signature

Comment

New plugs today....I'll never understand why people neglect their bikes....there was a "rats nest" under the battery...and check out the tool kit...lol

No signature

Comment

Put it on eBay as the Titanic's toolkit. You'll make a million!
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              Put it on eBay as the Titanic's toolkit. You'll make a million!
                              Lol...good idea Dave
                              No signature

Comment

Into the citric acid bath with that lot.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X