Snow tires for Motorcycles... ANLAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow tires for Motorcycles... ANLAS?

Oboy . Haven't seen these before, at least, not the marketing AS a motorcycle snowtire.

There's a couple of videos on these but I picked the one with the music that gets my (wallet's) juices flowing but seriously, changing tires on the car is where it stops for me.

Winter Grip Plus - ANLAS Motorcyle Tyres / Which is your way? - YouTube

Even changing car rears to snow tires is a thing of the distant past around here. We stopped that around 1980, I think. Something to do with the onset of radial tires.

No more nightmares of all your relatives wanting to store their snow tires in your garage.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oooooohh. Jedz123? Noreg? Who’s gonna give us the first review?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Snow riding is good for laughs anyway!

IT'S RACE DAY! The Alpine finale; a spot of skiing and some spiked Bridgestone AX41s are the order of the day...Win a bike in the weekly BOTB Lifestyle compe...
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Anlas winter motorcycle tires have been around for years, but it's really disappointing that no one is importing these into the US yet.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

This guy seems to know what he's doing...especially with ruts. but maybe these Anlas tires would do a little better on the icy pavement than the usual off-road tire...?
            Winter Riding Tips for Adventure Motorcyclists - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              Oboy . Haven't seen these before, at least, not the marketing AS a motorcycle snowtire.

There's a couple of videos on these but I picked the one with the music that gets my (wallet's) juices flowing but seriously, changing tires on the car is where it stops for me.

Winter Grip Plus - ANLAS Motorcyle Tyres / Which is your way? - YouTube

What was shown in the video was nothing serious in snow. I am sure many GSR members have done similar riding.

I used to ride year round and never hesitated about riding on snow....up to four inches in actual depth.

This was on a Moto Guzzi V7 using standard tires that had a block pattern. That bike would go anywhere, anytime.

More recently I rode the GS1100G and the GK in Winter but sparingly.

I did not really like them on snow and never felt anywhere near as comfortable as I did on the Guzzi.

With the "G", a strong wind blew me across two lanes sideways on a surface that had just turned to ice due to tire heat and pressure from other vehicles. I figured that was a warning I really had to pay attention to, so I turned back toward home and parked the bike for the winter.

The last time I rode the GK in winter it was dark. I needed gas after a long day and had to go through a long mound of snow at the entrance to the gas station. I could not not see that I was ate the beginning of the entrance and the snow was covering a sideways-sloped bit of concrete curb.
              I was only moving about 4 or 5 MPH but the moment the tire hit it the bike dropped like a bullet. Very embarrassing.

The Bandits I have taken out on clear winter days only and even then only if there is no snow
              The 180 tires are wrong in every way for snow.
              "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

What was shown in the video was nothing serious in snow. I am sure many GSR members have done similar riding.
                I doubt that very much.
                This poor fellow got suprised on the Coquihalla Highway that, roughly speaking, goes up and down over mountain tops of the Coastal Range. Long, long, long ,steep and straight rises and falls 500 meters or more in my perception driving/riding it. There are few places to get off beyond an emergency bivouac.

Trying to "training wheel" along the shoulder says it all. I wonder if he made it. I bet he won't want to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                X