Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs650m katana owner from belgium

Hi,
    some time ago (12 years) I had a gs500m. There is still some info here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...00m-velorex562

Almost 10 years I had no bike. Life, work, kids,...
    But about 2 years ago while browsing the internet I stumbled upon a advert from a motor spare parts seller. They had a gs650g m ready to become parts. I called for some info. I agreed to buy. That was 2021. We did some things but some more work is needed to get it in tiptop condition.

I will open a project topic about bike.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome to the site, Wouter.
    Don't see many of those mid-size Kats. I wonder if they ever made a chain drive version of the 650 Katana?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I had an older version of that Velorex for almost 10 years. I traded it for a really nice Toyota Celica (1973),, I regretted doing that, just as I regretted trading the Celica for a 1969, mint condition Chevy Panel van, extended body, all metal, only front and side front windows. The list goes on. Those Velorex side cars can carry quite a load, and really don't affect the bike too much, though it does stretch out the Hyvo chain on smaller bikes. They are great. If I come across another one, I will get a bike and make a leaning rig out of it, where the bike leans and the sidecar stays upright, very easy to do. I showed my wife a picture of a trike, with a small wooden pickup body on the back, she wants me to make one of those now. She feels it would be safer. I chuckled.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Welcome to the site, Wouter.
        Don't see many of those mid-size Kats. I wonder if they ever made a chain drive version of the 650 Katana?
        The answer to that question is no. The chain-driven mid-capacity Kat was the GS550M. https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mo...atana%2081.htm

"Johnny the boy has done it again... This time its a scrubber"
        ​​
        Darryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana 1982 GSX750S Katana 1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Thanks, Alfa.
          I wish back in the day they would have sent the 400cc model to Canada. I had an '83 1100 and would have loved a baby brother.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi Wouter, welcome to GSR. You mentioned you will start a "Project Topic" for the bike, what do you have planned for it? You are ahead of the game already, you have posted a photo, photos are very popular here.

Cheers.
            Shin-Ken 1074
            1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
            1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Working...
            X