No announcement yet.

Kansas City 1980 Suzuki gs450s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front fender will likely go back on at some point but I haven't decided if I will shorten it up or not.

Has anyone found a replacement bolt kit for this engine?
    Ive heard of them existing but can't seem to find one anywhere online.
    Looking at replacing a few gaskets soon and would really like to replace the stripped phillips head screws with solid allen heads.
    If at all possible, anything but chrome.

Comment

Z1 has them. Search 450 bolt set.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Howdy from Mission. I'd love to meet up with some other GS folks at some point.

Comment

Thank you Larry. Exactly what i was looking for.

On another note, has anyone had issues with scraping the kickstand on turns?
          I've dragged it on a few sharp turns now and I'm far from knee scraping style leans.

Comment

No, I haven't but my sidestand is worn down at its mount and has "receded" such that Its end foot-push barely clears the muffler. I put a piece of vinyl hose on it to be able to get it with my heel. Goes without saying, it needs the original bumper on itas well so as not to melt the vinyl I am using.

I can't see a left side view of your bike to compare with mine,
            BUT I did read somewhere (in some review) that you are not alone per sparking the stands. I have thought the centrestand foot lever sticks out too much too and makes me wary.

Comment

Working...
            X