Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an image you will hang onto.
    Hondas
    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
    Suzuki
    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
    Kaw
    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Picked up a little project about a month ago.....1984 DR100. 40th Birthday gift for my wife. Bike needed a new CDI, which I changed. Started on first kick. Cleaned it up, rebuilt the carb and adjusted valves. Gave it to her on Saturday and she has gone on 3 rides so far!!

Comment

The FIRST '83 1100T has sadly passed away 2 weeks ago...

She blew out her oil drain plug and burnt up before I knew it was happening...
        She will be missed, but never forgotten.
        She will come back from the dead next season as a 750 once again...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm sorry Spyder. RIP 1100.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Damn!! That sucks! Wishing you the best of luck.

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            The FIRST '83 1100T has sadly passed away 2 weeks ago...

She blew out her oil drain plug and burnt up before I knew it was happening...
            She will be missed, but never forgotten.
            She will come back from the dead next season as a 750 once again...

Comment

It's been a while since last update. I suggested to a 450T owner to post here not that long ago...thx Norm, for reminder.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

21435518_216201205580761_2693128808818540544_n.jpgCan't wait summer to get back on my 750t! :O

Comment

Very nice, Simon. Spring is almost here...and it's about time to ride!

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Gs750tz

An update on the 750T as written on this thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...886-What-s-a-T

Article and re-type:

To Suzuki, the GS750TZ is more than another new model, it's a solution. In the final analysis it might not prove to be the solution but for now it's at least a solution to a dilemma that the entire Japanese motorcycle industry, not just Suzuki, has been stuck on the horns of for the last few years: how to design factory-custom motorcycles to have precisely "The Look" that is so vital to their sales success without having them all look alike.

A Catch-22 situation, indeed, and the GS750TZ is Suzuki's response to it. The TZ is a decidedly conservative approach to the problem, though, not just in a way the bike looks but in the fact that it will be the only model in the company's entire 1982 lineup styled in this fashion (all the other customs will be in the usual L-model configuration). Apparently, Suzuki wants to test the waters of acceptance for a new generation of factory-custom motorcycles by cautiously dipping in with just one toe rather than jumping in feet-first. And instead of breaking any all-new styling ground, the TZ simply attempts to split the difference between customs and standard models. The styling still captures the essence of The Great American Street Cruiser, but some of the more practical ergonomic elements have been lifted from the standard-issue Suzukis.

What emmerges from this marriage made in Hamamatsu is a clean, simple, unpretentious motorcycle that almost looks more "classic" than "custom". There is, in fact, more than a hint of Triumph, circa late sixties, in the TZ lines.

Much of that Britbike look is no doubt due to the particular profile of the TZ's 4.5-gallon teardrop tank, especially with its Triumph-like color-contrasting knee cut-outs. But the overall effect of being a latter-day classic might be the result of the bike having an unfamiliar (for this day and age) combination of familiar pieces. The gas tank, for example, has the requisite custom-bike shape and the handlebar is conventional (read: not high-rise pullbacks) fare, but the two usually aren't found on the same motorcycle. Likewise for the stepped seat, fat 17-inch rear tire and simple rear fender (all custon-bike traditions); but the seat is not radically stepped, the fenders are not bobbed short and the front fork is not--and doesn't even look to be--extended (all standard-bike traditions). The difference, therefore, between this bike and the usual factory customs is that the TZ resembles a vintage Triumph before customizing, not after.

Mechanically, the TZ offers no such controversies, being essentially an E-model GS750 with major cosmetic differences and a few mechanical dissimilarities. Most of the latter are obvious (single front disc, drum rear brake, no anti-dive mechanism on the fork, different spoke pattern on the cast wheels), and the instrumentation was lifted directly from Suzuki's L-series street customs. Otherwise, everything else is identical to it's E-model counterpart.

That should assure the GS750TZ of being an extraordinary fast, fine-handling boulevard cruiser; but the issue at stake here is not how quickly it will move in the showroom. Suzuki believes, obviously, that the custom-styled market simply has to expand and that this is one of the directions it will expand in. It's our belief that there is a growing number of riders out there who will agree with Suzuki's philosophy. And for them, it can't happen a day too soon.

Ed

And for good measure...a pic of a 1983 model...the TD:

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hello fellow "T" owners - just joined so I figure I would come post!
                      InkedIMG_1363_LI.jpg

Comment

Awesome!

Thanks Jack...Nice "T"!!!

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Brothers, just up the street from me.. who needs another?
                          Hondas
                          '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                          Suzuki
                          '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                          Kaw
                          '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                            https://wausau.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...559067294.html
                            Nice "T" with black engine, square lights and back seat rest. I'd offer $800 (but I'm not able to buy right now) and that's reasonable...maybe even giving but I do love this model of the GS.

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                              https://wausau.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...559067294.html
                              This bike should be over $2500,, but I'm 71 and reducing my collection of 50 bikes.”

And people give me a hard time with all my bikes!
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------
                              2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Bringing this to the top. Any new "Ts" that want to introduce themselves by their owners?

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X