Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nice lookin' "T", Matt! Thanks for sharing.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yes, nice indeed. I prefer to keep mine as stock as possible, but I like the bobbed fenders and the styling with bar end mirrors, smaller LED signals and tail and have couple of bikes that I bought “mid restoration” in pieces that I may do something similar with one day.

I suppose I’ll do some reading and research when I get to they point but I’m curious, how hard was it to wire up the trail tech speedo, and how does that work with a mechanical tach/speedo and all the other electrics?
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

That front fender got cut, alright. I wouldn't ride during wet weather cause the water will splash up! Lol

That digital display is cool too. I know an engineer from Boeing and he loves changing things up on his motorcycle collection...so the wiring comes easy to him. I'll stick with the original instrument panel too.

Those turn signals must be bright...they're tiny! I'm still using the chrome ones that stick out far.

The one thing I do like is shedding the 30lbs+ of dual exhaust for the V&H/4-1 system I got. Plus, it looks cooler.

I've got straight bars too if I want to change it up. For now, the original bars will do.

Ed
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-06-2019, 10:15 AM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Discoverd an oil leak at the the valve cover gasket last night during my ride. I adjusted valves this winter. Hopefully I just need to snug up the valve cover bolts. Gorgeous night to ride last night.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Beautiful pic, Rich. Thanks for sharing.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Newer T owner. 1983 gs750TD

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                  Newer T owner. 1983 gs750TD
                  Look at post #18 of this thread. Couple of pics of the airbox.

Oh, and post pic of your "T". They are not rare, btw.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ed, and the rest of the "T" nation. Do any of you know if Suzuki or anyone ever made case guards to fit the 82/83 750T frame. (they are the same as far as I can tell). Either 2 or 3 point? I've posted in the wanted forum but got no bites. Something like this:
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Rich,

Both my "T" purchases included the case guards. I haven't researched who makes them...I'll do some investigating.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Thanks Ed. Could I see some pics of yours if you don't mind?
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          Thanks Ed. Could I see some pics of yours if you don't mind?
                          You're reading my mind...I was gonna do that.

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Great minds think alike. They also ride "T"'s
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

My Parts "T" doesn't have an Engine Guard!

My riding "T" does have one!

Looks like a one-piece:

Last pic...front view.

Okay...one last pic!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-24-2019, 06:45 PM.
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for, Ed. Thank you for taking the time to post these.
                                Now, my google-fu is failing me today. My only hits have been ebay listings which either: don't list the specific model and/or year, have a broken mounting tab, or are "missing parts". If you come across a manufacturer or part #, let me know. For now, at least I know it's not a unicorn, and somewhere in this world, there's a pair of these for my "T". I'll keep searching.

Thanks so much.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X