New GS850GL owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyitguy View Post
    ................ And though it's not exactly dance, I played football in high school and tried to make use of my dance abilities without being too obvious about it...
    One of the divers on my sons swim team was one of the top receivers on the football team. If you knew that, and watched him at a football game and watch him leap up and around the defender and spin around receive the pass and continue spinning and come back down, you could see the similarity to the spinning in some dives. Although on football field he needed to land on his feet har har har.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

850s are great bikes.
    some folks make negative comments about Ls (uncomfortable) (yep)
    some folks make negative comments about shaft drives (heavy, cant change anything) (so what)

do post some pics.
    yes, we need to see pics.
    yes, need to know if it is the original maroon or the original black or if painted over, before we can give any advice about the charging system or valve adjustment or carb cleaning.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      One of the divers on my sons swim team was one of the top receivers on the football team. If you knew that, and watched him at a football game and watch him leap up and around the defender and spin around receive the pass and continue spinning and come back down, you could see the similarity to the spinning in some dives. Although on football field he needed to land on his feet har har har
      I mostly played defense, so I usually didn't have to worry about landing on my feet...

some folks make negative comments about Ls (uncomfortable) (yep)
      some folks make negative comments about shaft drives (heavy, cant change anything) (so what)
      To each their own...

do post some pics.
      yes, we need to see pics.
      yes, need to know if it is the original maroon or the original black or if painted over, before we can give any advice about the charging system or valve adjustment or carb cleaning.
      I'm pretty sure it's the original black, with gold pin stripes. The clear coat is wearing badly on top of the tank though so that will need some attention at some point. Pics to come on Saturday. I think that carb advice will definitely be needed.

Comment

END QUOTE

I was joking.
        Just saying that we all like pictures.

Originally posted by nyitguy View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's the original black, with gold pin stripes. .....
        Although, black with double gold stripes.
        I would think that would be an 82.

Do post pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Pics

Some pics. The forum software tells me I can only post one picture per post...
          Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Picture 2...
            Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Picture 3...
              Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Picture 4...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Pics

Last one for today...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, she looks clean. Looks like someone saved you the trouble of putting reasonable handlebars on it already. And I didn't know Suzuki made an L-model sissy bar like that.
                    Charles
                    --
                    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

She's clean on the outside. Her carbs are coming off this weekend for a nice bubble bath and new o-rings. I'll bench sync them as best as I can and probably have to get a sync tool to fine tune them if I can't find one to borrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X