1982 GS1100G Brat Build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    The only thing this does is show their cowardice since if they make noise close to home they may have to stand face to face with someone complaining about their noise.
    In reality, it's the neighbor that calls the cops before having a chat, that's the real coward.
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
      In reality, it's the neighbor that calls the cops before having a chat, that's the real coward.
      The real coward is the guy who has been banned from a forum and is afraid to ask the moderators for forgiveness so he can rejoin. Because of this cowardice, he registers using a different email address and slightly different username name to log in.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

Loud pipes are for a$$holes. I think I will make up a bumper sticker that says that and affix it to my rear window.
        I'll buy a few. I was going to have some made that say, "Loud pipes save ass holes who can't ride.", but yours is close enough.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Regarding the original post.....
          It seems that there are two types of build threads here. One is when the build is detailed here and we are invited to follow along if we choose for the trials, tribulations, and ultimately / hopefully completion of the build. Information is shared, and it is sometimes even educational.....

The second is when a person joins, seemingly to show off their completed build after being completely off of the radar. Maybe there is a before and after picture or two, but little else. They also seem to get very defensive about any criticism, and dont stick around for long.

I can appreciate any type of quality well thought out build. Stock exhaust... cool. Aftermarket 4 into 1properly baffled.. cool. Chopped open pipes.... not cool. Living on the corner of a 4 way stop I get the " pleasure " of hearing everyday: Japanese tuner car exhaust, loud diesel pickup "performance" exhaust, loud gas pickup "performance" exhaust, metric and domestic V twin "performance" exhaust... The $hit gets old, but thankfully its generally quiet by 6 -7 pm....
          Last edited by dorkburger; 05-08-2016, 10:37 PM.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
            , he registers using a different email address and slightly different username name to log in.
            same email / virtually identical handle
            try again gg (or don't)

Calling builders 'a$$holes' b/c you don't agree with their build is just weak. But carry on.
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

The funny part is that they actually call them builds.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                The funny part is that they actually call them builds.
                Sounds better than, "cut-ups".

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                  There is no requirement for discussing anything with an annoying lawbreaker before you report them to the cops. If you choose to be an a$$hole plus break the law, be prepared to pay the price for doing so.

Comment

People are so narcissistic these days it's makes me want to puke. Just like the a$$wipe who pulls up to a convenience store then turns up his stereo BEFORE he goes inside so we all get to listen to his noise pollution while he is inside buying liquor and those little flavored cigars they pack with mary jane, the loud motorcyclist is an equal jerk with a very similar mindset. Both NEED you to know that they are awesome, that they are loud and proud and want you to fear the noise. They probably get (or received) ZERO attention from their mom, dad, wife or girlfriend so they inflict their angst on our ear drums.

Can anyone one of you loud bike supporters give even ONE good reason to violate our ears? (excluding the obvious fact your a Delta Bravo)

Like I said before, those no muffler bikes fall over sometimes

Comment

A good summation...

loudpipedick.jpg

Carry on.
                      1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                      1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                      1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                      1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

My muffler is a bit loud. I got the stock pipes with the bike but unattached. The stock pipes appear non-salvageable without serious welding. The Kerker 4-1 pipe is in good condition. I used a mallet to hammer as much muffle into it as I could. It still seemed loud but interacting with my neighbors told me it was "alarm clock" loud. (You are already awake and hearing it tells you that you should already be up but it isn't quite loud enough to wake you) I really like the sound of the Kerker pipe. Yes, it screams when I get on it. No, I don't crank it up till I'm getting on the highway so farther away folks don't hear it either. The last cycle-gear bike night I was at, it struck me that modern bikes with shorter mufflers were quieter than mine when tuned correctly and not revved up. The old engines make a lot more intake noise. My point is that shorter mufflers or megaphone mufflers require a bit more consideration. It isn't the shorty muffler that makes the Richard cranium, it is the inconsiderate bastard twisting it up at 5AM. I roll out just fine with just enough hand on the throttle to make it go without a lot of noise. Don't judge us by some ass-hat that has nothing to do with us.

Comment

More pictures of the bike. I've been riding it every chance I get. Runs and rides like a dream. Contemplating getting clip ons and cutting down the tripple tree for a more "cafe" look. But am content for now.

Comment

Better than some. Still fvcked up.

Fugly

Comment

JJ I happen to love the way it looks. But thanks for your opinion.

Comment

Your opinion is what matters to you. Put a proper exhaust on it, jet it right, and ride the Hell out of it.

With open pipes, it's a POS.

Comment

Working...
                                X