• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more of the front end

1.jpg

Comment

RL.jpg
      Got the frame looped and welded back up and my seat secured. Have to make my tail light mount/do some grinding and paint but I’m pleased with how it’s come out so far.

Comment

True "Cafe" would have those clip-ons under the top triple no?
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          True "Cafe" would have those clip-ons under the top triple no?
          I’m 6’2”, the next owner can put them under if they want. Also the tank is so f-ing wide on this bike having them up top is giving me a little more clearance between the bars and tank.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1693250&d=1650807080&type=thumb Been busy this spring with house projects but did manage to make some progress on the 850. Rear frame is done, painted and the tail light has been mounted with some “neat” wiring. Cut off the passenger pegs since it’s only a single rider bike it really cleans up the shaft side of the bike.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by MapleK; 04-27-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1693252&d=1650807147&type=thumb Currently the rear wheel is off for new paint and rubber. So that will likely be the next update.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by MapleK; 04-27-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MapleK View Post
                Currently the rear wheel is off for new paint and rubber. So that will likely be the next update.
                WHile rear wheel is off: Learn about the hub in the rear wheel (called Joint Assembly on microfische).
                THe splines on the hub IN the rear wheel can wear.
                If you are not familiar with the wear pattern, you can look at the hub while the hub is in the wheel and it will look okay, but cant really see the wear while the hub is in the wheel.

Plenty of post about it.
                and/or see page 12 of this

Last edited by Redman; 04-24-2022, 09:26 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

WHile rear wheel is off: Learn about the hub in the rear wheel (called Joint Assembly on microfische).
                  THe splines on the hub IN the rear wheel can wear.
                  If you are not familiar with the wear pattern, you can look at the hub while the hub is in the wheel and it will look okay, but cant really see the wear while the hub is in the wheel.

Plenty of post about it.
                  and/or see page 12 of this

Thank you for that info! I was honestly shocked when I took the back wheel off and the splines looked good and even more shocking, the wheel bearings look and feel ok. Lucked out on that one.

Comment

0887FC8E-6C90-4BAF-9F4B-970BF2C716C4.jpgGot the rear wheel painted and swingarm freshened up. Waiting on my new tire to show up so I can put the rear end back completely. Here’s a little mock-up shot. Ended up going with a Shinko tourmaster for the back tire. I have one on my gl1100 and like it. It has a cool tread pattern too for a more modern tire.

Comment

Working...
                    X