signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signal?

There a way too let another biker approaching you that you just passed up a cop taking radar?

I had that happen too me today on the ride I went on. I was out riding and passed up a truck at 85 mph on a 55 mph road. I guess the cop saw me trying too speed up quickly too pass and let me go.

But then I saw my other brethen coming the other way and thought well we have the wave, is there any other sign we can give each other too keep out speeding tickets?

Bright-Dim Headlight Modulation Seems to be about the Only Option.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

My MSF teacher said to pat your head.:-D

Zach

Comment

The motion is patting your head, derived from the motion of the cop putting on his or her hat while getting out of the car to make you miserable.

In areas like North Carolina where there are a lot of sportybikes burning up the twisties, it's pretty well understood. Here in the Land of the Fartley-Disabledson, they just stare at you funny.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I still just flash lights on/off....

cage/truck/bike

have heard they can try and pinch you for that here...some trumped up charge designed to annoy you with a fine ....

bugger em I reckon...

although I have been known on extreme occassions where i see a fool driving crazy reckless... to... erm.... 8-[ give the same signal when there arent any cops around too....

am I a bad man,,,,

Comment

Much the same here as Phark.Flashing the headlight but you can be charged for it.

Brenno

Comment

I make the slow down motion with my hand, and if it's a sport bike I pat my head, because they will know what that means.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I pat my head and rub my tummy :-D

Comment

Don't forget to use more than 1 finger to signal.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I made a large 3'x3' folding sign that I could pull out quickly. Problem was it blew me off the bike the first and only time I used it. Thank goodness for my inflatable Fruit-of-the-Loom under pants! I quickly bounced back up and caught up to the bike before she fell over. Close call.
                    Actually, most riders here in So. Cal pat their head. Some give a "slow it down" signal by lowering their hand, palm facing the ground. Some don't signal at all, figuring any nut going that fast deserves a damn ticket.
                    Maybe if I tried a new sign with perforations? Hmmm...
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharkmeh View Post
                      although I have been known on extreme occassions where i see a fool driving crazy reckless... to... erm.... 8-[ give the same signal when there arent any cops around too....

am I a bad man,,,,
                      ..... and I suppose not give it when there are. He He
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                        Maybe if I tried a new sign with perforations? Hmmm...
                        Yes perforations will ensure proper cooling... but how to make sure it doesn't blow away? Maybe a fairing for the sign??
                        Currently bikeless
                        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          Yes perforations will ensure proper cooling... but how to make sure it doesn't blow away? Maybe a fairing for the sign??
                          Ha! I'm dumb enough to try. Hey.....
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'm just thinking of para-motorcycleing. Get a fan on the back, hmmm, road trip to the salt flats?

Comment

Working...
                            X