Perpetrating a steriotype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    Its quite simple actually. Anyone that rides less than 30K per year is a poser.

E. :-)
    Let me see.....18 races last summer...say an average of 5 runs a races thats.....90 runs in one year...1/4 mile to the finish and 1/8 mile shut down...3/4 of a mile per run, (not counting the tow back to the pits) means I rode under power about 67.5 miles last year...
    Maybe another 10 on the pit scooter....

Dang it....poser

Bob T.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Let me see.....18 races last summer...say an average of 5 runs a races thats.....90 runs in one year...1/4 mile to the finish and 1/8 mile shut down...3/4 of a mile per run, (not counting the tow back to the pits) means I rode under power about 67.5 miles last year...
      Maybe another 10 on the pit scooter....

Dang it....poser

Bob T.
      I walked more than 67.5 miles last year!
      I've got a pretty quick 0-3mph time too!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
        Most real cafe racers could more than keep up! Their #1 job was to ton up as fast a mechanically possible. Keeping up shouldn't be an issue!
        Yeah if my buddy ever finishes that TX500 for me, it will be a fast little bike. He's already done some things to lighten it up a bit... can't imagine it or anything like it not being able to keep up with a 250 unless it has a new rider on it :-D Maybe she thinks we'd look funny out riding together... pretty silly if you ask me...

Comment

I'm a big poseur.

I rode every day last summer since I got my licence. Back and forth to work. No long trips, and still put on 6000km.
          ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
            Well, in her case, she knows I'm brand new to riding, so even if I had some screaming crotch rocket, I still wouldn't be in any shape to keep up, although she's only been riding for a year I think. Since I never heard from her again, I think it's more that she has a snobby attitude. Lots of little cafe racers could keep up with a Ninja 250!
            Oh, hehe, I guess I wouldn't really consider a Ninja 250 a sportbike. Sportbikes (four stroke anyways) start at 600ccs, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by snark View Post
              O.K. What's the difference?
              Simple, a biker is the guy/gal who goes out on weekends and either bar hops with his buddies, or terrorizes the urban streets by doing wheelies or passing cars on the right on two lane roads.

A motorcyclist is the guy/gal who rides for the sheer pleasure of it. Whether it be for the simple commute to work in the freezing temps of winter, or being in search of that "perfect" road.

Myself, I'm a motorcyclist. Nothing compares to the looks you get when you're out cruising around town in 20 degree weather.:-D

As an aside, the temps have been waaaay above normal for this time of year and I've not seen, or heard, any bikes as of late.

And for the HD dude that started this thread, you probably ran across him and the only friend that can tolerate him. Pretty sad when you carry around pics of a rebuild. I guess you were supposed to be impressed.

Brad bt

Comment

Oh, and I own and wear a pair of a$$less chaps. They're awfull comfy in the cold. Does that change my status?:razz:

Brad bt

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
                  Simple, a biker is the guy/gal who goes out on weekends and either bar hops with his buddies, or terrorizes the urban streets by doing wheelies or passing cars on the right on two lane roads.

Brad bt
                  I thought that was a squid.
                  1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                  The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by snark View Post
                    I thought that was a squid.
                    They're virtually one in the same. They both bought bikes for one reason. Being cool with their peers.

Brad bt

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                      I'm a big poseur.

I rode every day last summer since I got my licence. Back and forth to work. No long trips, and still put on 6000km.
                      ATGATT
                      That converts to 3728.4 miles. I think I like km's better. Sounds a heck of a lot more impressive. \\/

Comment

Originally posted by Commodus View Post
                        Oh, hehe, I guess I wouldn't really consider a Ninja 250 a sportbike. Sportbikes (four stroke anyways) start at 600ccs, for me.
                        She may have actually referred to her 250 as a crotch rocket... poseur, or pen!s envy? You decide...

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
                          Oh, and I own and wear a pair of a$$less chaps. They're awfull comfy in the cold. Does that change my status?:razz:

Brad bt
                          Depends on What You Wear Under Them, OR NOT!:shock:
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                            Depends on What You Wear Under Them, OR NOT!:shock:
                            You mean I'm supposed to wear something under them?!?:shock: :razz:

Brad bt

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
                              That converts to 3728.4 miles. I think I like km's better. Sounds a heck of a lot more impressive. \\/
                              I get 3750 miles. 1.6km / M.

I wear assless chaps too, but they're pronounced, "shaps".

Poseurs call them "chaps".:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                                I get 3750 miles. 1.6km / M.

I wear assless chaps too, but they're pronounced, "shaps".

Poseurs call them "chaps".:roll:
                                Tyres, Colours, now shaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X