Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
    I get 3750 miles. 1.6km / M.

I wear assless chaps too, but they're pronounced, "shaps".

Poseurs call them "chaps".:roll:
    I converted that on my cell phone but since yours is bigger we'll use it :-D . So, how do you pronounce "about"? Sorry, had to ask.

Comment

Oops. I´m sure I meant ´perpetuate.´ Whatever. Glad so many of you guys commiserate. I do find a certain amount of snobbery in the world on two wheels, but I think that owning a historic bike of this era brings me just about the most respect I could ask for. A lot of cruiser guys appreciate the GS because it is pre-crotch, old, and still naked, a lot of the sport bike guys like it because it is a Suzuki with a relatively decent sized engine. I even get waves from guys riding in historic cars, just cause its cool to be a dude with your own super fast historic ride that you maintain yourself.

Exceptions aside, I found that when I got my first bike, a huge proportition of the commuting community became pretty friendly to me. Its almost like no matter where I go I can relate to or have a better chance of relying upon a fellow biker. My brother put it best, he feels like the motorcycling community is his own free AAA service, and that totally put the wind at my back. I really only started this thread because I was cold, grumpy, p1ssed off and really just disgusted. My view of every motorcycle rider is still pretty rosy,,, till next time my cable snaps.

Until then!

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
        My view of every motorcycle rider is still pretty rosy,,, till next time my cable snaps.

Until then!
        FYI - I carry a spare clutch cable & necessary tools to change it most of the time now. Of course, I do have saddle bags on my big, old, clunky GK to accomodate carrying stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          Its quite simple actually. Anyone that rides less than 30K per year is a poser.

E. :-)
          Dude both of my cars together don't see that much mileage in a year and one hauls the family everywhere. :-D

Comment

I always rather liked this thought:

"Did you know that 95% of Harleys ever built are still on the road"?
            The other 5% made it home!

I almost got into a fight once while in a bike shop, a Harley guy was buying a radar detector, and I couldn't help myself, I just burst out laughing and of course when he asked what was so funny I had to reply "Why would you need a radar detector if you ride a Harley?"

Nuff said. Cheers,
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ducpilot View Post

I almost got into a fight once while in a bike shop, a Harley guy was buying a radar detector, and I couldn't help myself, I just burst out laughing and of course when he asked what was so funny I had to reply "Why would you need a radar detector if you ride a Harley?"

Nuff said. Cheers,
              Mike
              Sweet!:-D ...

Comment

Originally posted by biff85ta View Post
                Dude both of my cars together don't see that much mileage in a year and one hauls the family everywhere. :-D
                Ahhhh, the worlds first cager poser. LOL

E.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by ducpilot View Post

Nuff said. Cheers,
                  Mike

LMAO eheheheh

E.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    Ahhhh, the worlds first cager poser. LOL

E.
                    If I had been drinking something when I read that you would owe me a monitor.

Comment

95%

Wasn't that your sig line, Earl?
                      1979 GS 1000

Comment

A Different 95%

Shirley, I used to be as cynical as you, but now I think about 50% of the people out there are morons, and the rest are pretty good people. I don't know why the ratio changed for me; people certainly haven't changed. Maybe it's the antidepressants!
                        1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by biff85ta View Post
                          If I had been drinking something when I read that you would owe me a monitor.
                          Sometimes I'm lucky. :-)

e.

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
                            Wasn't that your sig line, Earl?
                            It was for quite a while. I change when I find something new and amusing. :-)

E.

Comment

Doesn't matter what you ride. You won't be able to please everybody so why try.

Comment

Before anyone starts accusing Earl of being a prude, remember that he lives in Florida and that 95% of his mileage is from searching out a curve.:razz:

Brad bt

Comment

Working...
                                X