Are you riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
    Just pulled all the heated gear hookups and RAM mount hardware off the sled and made the ceremonial transfer yesterday. Already have a couple hundred miles on the bike, but now it's time to get serious...
    I've been lonely riding out on the roads of southern NH, so it will be good to have company again.

Comment

Forecast of 60 tomorrow...
      "Honeeeeeeyyyy, there's no more milk, it's OK, I'll go....
      (Now I need to find a store far, far away..)
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Not as of yet. Just finished my safety class and need to get a few things finished on my ike. then im going to take a nice long ride in the country somewhere.
        I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
        1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Hello Everyone
          I had my first ever first spring ride today
          It was wonderful
          Did I mention ?
          I got my (first) bike in May of last year, and rode it quite a bit.
          Thus, everything up until May will be "new"
          Never had a bike in the garage all winter, never considered the grit on the road, always saw but never really noticed the early bird bikers, never started the bike up after sitting for many months, never pulled away from the driveway with just a bit of a tentative feeling hoping I hadn't forgotten how etc etc .....
          never had that silly feeling and grin on my face of the first ride of the season
          I was SO SURPRISED --- actually I was TICKLED ...... I used my cuff to dust of the gauges, turned the key on, pulled the clutch in, hit the start button and it just came right to life !
          Hope everyone else has first rides at least so successful !
          Brightest Blessings
          ------ tried to post this & got an error message that I had included too many images -- smiley faces ...... so insert them just about anywhere !

Comment

yep i am .. my teeth are chattering and its frosty.my fingers arent working properly,my imaginary g/f. is typing this.. my eyes are kinda opaque colored. havnet seen my nutz in what two weeks. never mind the other. yep so let me see ive been riding for what two weeks now..

Comment

Unfortunately I need to move the old 1150 to the rear of the garage (AGAIN) and bring the snowblower to the front. Expecting 4-8'' of the white stuff. I really don't mind the snow, this time of year even 6-7'' will be pretty much gone in a couple days. It is that %$^#&*@ salt that takes weeks to wash off the roads that I hate.
              We are leaving for Munising Mi. by noon today to snowmobile. With a snow belt like the upper penn. of Michigan so close I wouldn't care if this area (in between Milwaukee and Green Bay) stayed motorcycle friendly all year round.
              You know year round motorcycling (like someplace that might have year round snowmobiling) would probably dull the whole idea for me. Sure I struggle getting my butt in shape to ride either one every year, but it is a veried inspiration, not the same old thing. There is always the novelty of te first few rides and the satisfaction once everything is as it should be for the year (getting used to new bags or bars or horsepower or grips or whatever....). I enjoy making changes (mechanically) pretty much every year. My wife gives me Hell as I usually struggle to have things all together in time for the first clear roads or open trails. I guess that too is all part of the thrill. My sleds and my motorcycles are my off season hobbies, they have been since I was in my youth (that is actually quite some time ago but quite often feels like yesterday).
              It won't be long and we here in east central Wisconsin will be cursing the May flies and June bugs. We will have forgotten about the late March snow fall that seemed to slow things down.

Happy riding.

Comment

Working...
              X