No announcement yet.

Tim TomCross Country Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim, you and your brother should join up with these guys as you will be soooo close to them anyway and at the same time!

BTW, still no leaks?

Eric

Comment

Still planing on hitting RRR yes. If all goes to plan we will be in stanton on the 19th! Would be cool to link with the western states rally, but sure where we will be when on the coast.

Comment

Made it all the way down the coast of California! 1000 or so miles from Reno and still no leaks! California Rt. 1 is simply amazing. But enough talk, here are some more teaser pics to last until I can get home and really sort out the good ones.

Lasson Volcano Park

The Forest Moon of Endor

Pacific Coast Highway

My ugly mug at the ocean!

Plenty of great pictures, including several Whale sightings some 200 ft from the shore, but those will have to wait for a full ride report

Tomorrow we ride rt 66 back east!

Comment

Looks like a great trip. If you come back along the Gulf coast get up with me and I'll take y'all out for some BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

The Forest Moon of Endor

Better take the wheels off those bikes! Great pics Tim, can't wait to see more. Be safe, enjoy yourself, and I hope you can make Hot Dog Johnnie's before school starts. I took the last week of August off....
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              Made it all the way down the coast of California! 1000 or so miles from Reno and still no leaks! California Rt. 1 is simply amazing.
              But enough talk, here are some more teaser pics to last until I can get home and really sort out the good ones.
              We fixed all of the leaks? The entire right side of the bike was covered in oil when they arrived.

I spoke with Tim last night and they were all the way down to Pismo Beach!
              They keep covering some serious miles!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                We fixed all of the leaks? The entire right side of the bike was covered in oil when they arrived.

I spoke with Tim last night and they were all the way down to Pismo Beach!
                They keep covering some serious miles!

Eric

I guess they took that right turn at Albuquerque.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Did you make them a special batch of POWER MUFFINS to take on the trip with them?
                  Perhaps that could explain their drive.

Eric

Comment

We keep eating the miles. Currently eating dinner about 100 miles from the Grand Canyon! These bikes love to fly, you`d think they are speeder bikes... The high legal speed limit out here is really helping us along. I keep an eye on the engine and its still dry with all the oil inside it! All is good and having a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Did you make them a special batch of POWER MUFFINS to take on the trip with them?
                      Perhaps that could explain their drive.

Eric
                      Young Master Tim missed out on his last chance at muffins, as well as the opportunity to meet the illustrious Mr. Steve. He instead elected to fritter his morning away in bed after a night of partying if memory serves

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Tim Tom,
                        Great Pics & write up!
                        Hope to buy youse guys one (NJ Jargon) @ the RRR !!

Comment

Despite the absurd goal of trying to time it right, traveling as many miles as we have, we arrived at the RRR yesterday evening and met a whole bunch of great people. Spent all day today chasing much lighter, more powerful, and newer bikes through some fantastic roads. My 850G did alright by me. Quite glad I improved the springy and slowing down bits, I needed them. Also felt good to round off my tire as crossing the south west had made it square again

Having an absolute blast in Kentucky, and bummed to have to head further east tomorrow. Alas I was informed by my Girlfriend that if I am not home by Sunday, (before SHE leaves for a trip ) all of my things would be out the window. Considering that we live on the 17th floor... I will be home on Sunday

This trip has been absolutely incredible so far, and way better than I could have ever imagined. Stopping by a GSR Rally is just icing on the cake... I'm gonna do my best to attend another one next season for sure.

Anyway I will soon be home, so you can all look for a hopefully good report and tons of pictures sometime next week

Cheers All
                          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                            Young Master Tim missed out on his last chance at muffins, as well as the opportunity to meet the illustrious Mr. Steve. He instead elected to fritter his morning away in bed after a night of partying if memory serves
                            He has made up for it now. He has met me.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

We Made It!

We made it home safely and in one piece yesterday afternoon. In 21 days we rode through 21 different states and over 8000 miles. An amazing trip. Still need to unpack and a much needed wash for the bike. Pictures and a write up this week I think.

Comment

Congratulations on the safe completion of an adventure you'll remember the rest of your life.
                                Willie
                                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Working...
                                X