Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How NOT to leave the Dealership on a new bike! (Non-GS story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Trust me, your stock GS750 will smoke it!

Boring bike. H-D is and embarrassment to all Americans.
    I only rode it all the way to my house because I forgot my cell phone.
    Otherwise, it would have been a much shorter test ride.

Eric
    I have a little trouble believing that, it's supposed to actually be a little quicker than my bike. I just think it's a great looking bike.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Ride one. You'll see.
      If you can find a dealer that has one in stock.
      They stopped production because the H-D faithful enjoy riding around looking like they are giving birth.

Eric
      Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2012, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I would bet closer to $150K
        Totaled HD
        2 SUV's totaled
        2 more damaged

Comment

Allie's right, big primary and bob tail fender = big twin. Texas used to and I think still does have a helmet law. You have to have X number of dollars of medical insurance to get a sticker that allows you to ride bare headed. You know, keep it simple kind of law!
          I heard about a new buyer who hopped on and forgot to unlock the forks, popped into gear and knocked over several other new bikes for his first ride! At least no fire.

Comment

H-D is and embarrassment to all Americans.
            Sorry, but you're wrong about that. I'm not embarressed by HD, and there are plenty of Americans who are proud of an American company with a long history, and proud of their American motorcycles. And don't bother with the "Half the bike is made in Japan" crap. All of our GS's were made in Japan, and every manufacturer in the world sources parts worldwide. Ask any HD employee if they're embarressed by HD. And I'd wager the average HD rider spends much less time daily jap-bike bashing than jap bike riders do searching the internet for anti-HD crap.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
              Fortunate for him, I don't know of anywhere that doesn't require you to wear a helmet the first year after getting your license...
              Illinois....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                I don't know of anywhere that doesn't require you to wear a helmet the first year after getting your license, ...
                Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Illinois....
                I believe Iowa is the only other state with NO helmet laws.

Many other states have laws for minors or novice riders, but Illinois and Iowa are the only ones with NONE.

SOURCE

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                  And I'd wager the average HD rider spends much less time daily jap-bike bashing than jap bike riders do searching the internet for anti-HD crap.
                  Searching the internet for anti-HD crap?
                  Really?? Searching?
                  All it takes is to be behind one for a little while on a good road, whilst Buicks, Winnebegos and kids on bicycles pile up behind you.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That sucks!!! It was probably one of the first 2013 models to hit the street.

The 2013 models don't come with brakes....brakes are only available as an accessory.

He only had enough credit to add on the leather tool pouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                      That sucks!!! It was probably one of the first 2013 models to hit the street.

The 2013 models don't come with brakes....brakes are only available as an accessory.

He only had enough credit to add on the leather tool pouch.
                      Most of them don't need brakes anyway, at least not a front one.

It's a good thing he had the tool pouch on there to soften his impact, as he probably didn't have the lifesaving loud pipes installed yet.

Comment

"Can't we all get along?"

Stupidity is not limited to owners of any particular brand. I certainly have made stupid moves, and luckily lived and learned from them. Suzuzki riders also. See the video below:

Comment

Originally posted by pmong View Post
                          "Can't we all get along?"

Stupidity is not limited to owners of any particular brand. I certainly have made stupid moves, and luckily lived and learned from them. Suzuzki riders also. See the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4
                          No harm in a little humor...I can assure you my comments are in jest.

In fact, I bet it won't be too long until I put one of the Americam made POS in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Searching the internet for anti-HD crap?
                            Really?? Searching?
                            All it takes is to be behind one for a little while on a good road, whilst Buicks, Winnebegos and kids on bicycles pile up behind you.
                            They LOVE to be the center of attention no matter who or how many it bothers.
                            The more people that are irritated only gets them excited.

Eric

Comment

They LOVE to be the center of attention no matter who or how many it bothers.
                              The more people that are irritated only gets them excited.

Eric
                              Oh, man....I can't wait to join!!

Comment

Then buy an HD, chrome polish and a bunch of pirate costumes, quit using the front brake, forget how to ride and learn to paddle down the road from bar to bar while making unusual farting noises with your Castrated Eagle straight pipes. Ride slowly down the road in groups of fifty or more looking for old ladies to scare and babies to wake up, and soon you too will be a cool and hardcore rugged individual riding a real motorcycle.

I guess you will have to quit watching South Park, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X