Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
    I have an IQ of 186,
    BBWWWAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAAHhahhahahahahahahhahahahahah! !!!!!!!!!!!!................

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

For an IQ of 186 you should never "have trouble making rent"....lol
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Jedz: " I was going to check out a Street750 today but got sidetracked and went to the Yamaha dealer instead. I wanted to throw my leg over an SR400... It's surprisingly small but the build quality is top Notch, like exceptional. The one I sat on was $5500 new... Dip stick was in the frame near the triple tree... Weird. I think I could get over the kick start. "
        Lad, that is the choke…
        No choke my friend, truly was the dip stick twist and release and there it was... A dip stick that said engine oil with a measure on it reading normal and low.

Its Fuel injected as well. Chokes are pretty much extinct on brand new machines.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          LOL. The apple doesn't rot far from the tree:

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/har...n-m-1729350316
          LMFAO... Thank you pilot... Thank you.

Bravo H-D, way to budget for looks over function, yet again.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

For an IQ of 186 you should never "have trouble making rent"....lol
            Normally no....but I have 8 physical disabilities which the US Govt refuses to recognise because im white/male and have made too much money when I was working. I was actually told that by a social worker and a SS Disability rep....thats why i started my own shop....just a slow start after a splenectomy and partial pancreas removal....but this white boy dont give up.....never have, never will....

BTW...I got that IQ number from Mensa....I was dating a girl from Texas that owns gas wells....she paid the $600 for the test....i was accepted....went to the Mensa party to greet all new....all were wearin tuxedos and such...i came in old oily engineers boots, dirty jeans, a leather jacket, and a t-shirt that said "look close, i might be your father".....lol....I bailed and told em all to go fook off....buncha stuffed shirts....pompous azzholes....but thats how I am....was enough to me to know i was a mid-level genius....spent the next 7 days cruisin around Oklahoma back roads....was pretty cool....I just really hate the flatlands ....nice place to viisit, but.....

Even wrote a poem about it 8 yrs ago called 'Armadillo Roadkill"....and yeah, i was a writer....4 novels in the works since 1979....none of em finished....just cant get motivated....I need help with that....wonder if Samantha could do that....

Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              No choke my friend, truly was the dip stick twist and release and there it was... A dip stick that said engine oil with a measure on it reading normal and low..
              Its Fuel injected as well. Chokes are pretty much extinct on brand new machines.
              Yup. Same place they had it when they first built the XT and SR500 40 years ago.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Doh! I am so olde.
                So many small bikes had the choke there, including the GS550.
                Dipstick in a bike? How common is that?
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  Why would a Kawi rider join a forum dedicated to Suzuki GS owners anyway? Even when I had my ZX-14 I didn't want to chat with other Kawasaki owners.
                  From the home page of the GSResources:

This website is dedicated to the GS models that thrive and survive on the support of GS riders EVERYWHERE!

To Sum It Up - We Are Here To...

...provide information on the bikes and the people that ride them. We'll show you how to keep them in shape and where to get parts and pieces to put them together. We are also the meeting place for fellow GS owners to get together to talk about their motorcycles!!

The GSR is not about the owners. It is a resource for owners to share information on taking care of and riding their GSes.

We happen to like this line of motorcycles, a line what was made between 30 and 40 years ago. Our bikes aren't literally antiques - yet - even though most states let us license them that way, few of us do. Lots of us bought GSes new, so this is an older crowd. Most members have owned, or still do own, other makes of motorcycles. All of us have friends who primarily ride other makes. The predominant feeling is that, due to both accident and design, Suzuki designed the GS line with a better combination of characteristics than other lines from that era, Properly maintained GSes hold their own even today.

Each rider has his/her own style and preferences. Personal style and preferences determine which line and models work best for each of us. Some motorcyclists like the 'image' of being a biker, or an image attached to their particular machines. What image attaches to GSes? My uncle rode his Gold Wings with his wife close to a half million miles. His observation on GS riders was, "They just like to ride."

"They just like to ride" is a completely different than a life style and attitude that is attached to any particular line of motorcycles. Most Harley owners just like to ride, too. Most ride Harleys because they (depending on the model) tend to be comfortable for short to medium rides, and because, in many circles, motorcycle means Harley-Davidson. Those riders, most Harley riders, are warmly welcomed by GSers. The rub comes from a different group of people who accept only Harleys. For them, it is not about riding. Everyone who rides other brands a lot has been subjected to insults, and often to open intimidation from that contingent. Threads like this one arise because GSers need to vent once in a while after being insulted for our choice of rides.

We just like to ride.
                  sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
                    I got that IQ number from Mensa.
                    I remember that test!

francis.jpg
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Don't bother with this jackass.
                      The brainwashed can rationalise anything.
                      Try to avoid all sheep all of the time.
                      Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Dipstick in a bike? How common is that?
                        It's very common. I have three like that.

Comment

I can smell ya a mile away…

This Wolfy guy reminds me of a famous actor:
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

No, Gabby was actually a lot more intelligent.

Comment

Wow...i see there are mostly kiddies here....thanks to the more mature members PMing me and asking me to stay....I got a lot to offer dikheads....i been buildin bikes since before many of you were born....
                              I got mega bashed in that "Harley Guy" thread, which I didnt start....all i said was that i supported the 81....I came here to learn about the GS series....yet, the peanut gallery (every board has one)....decided to follow me around and bash everything I posted....hell, wtf ?....Even if I leave here, i can still read and get info....all I really needed was diagrams and such, but decided to stay and contribute instead of just leaching info then bailing. Well, I havent had a great welcome here. Mostly due to "the Harley Guy " thread....why is THAT allowed here ?....it doesnt pertain to Suzi GS's....and its caused a lotta crap here....are there mods here, admins ????....I PMed a few admins with no response....lemme guess....Verticalscope owns this board, right ???

Dont let the door hit you on the AZZ on the way out,
                              and good riddance by the way.
                              Why dont you come and visit me peckerhead ....I can give ya a permanent way out...clown....

And I aint fookin leavin...Ive had enough of the "older crowd" PM me asking me not to....so, all Im gonna do is block all you young punks....at least I wouldnt have to drop Valium each time I come here....

Where are the moderators here to enforce the TOS ????

I didnt start gettin nasty until I was attacked....what ever happened to the age old forum standard of "attack the statement/subject....not the poster"....I been on forums since they were still in DOS....and honestly many of these board have become insane....why ????because staff aint doin their jobs.....

Unless a mod or admin bans me, I aint goin anywhere...and aint postin besides for tryin to help someone.....fook you kids....

Comment

No 'staff' here, just volunteers, and the forum is generally self-policing. Which means, in plain English, if you show some intelligence and decorum, or willingness to learn, you'll be accepted.

Many of the membership have owned GS's and other Suzukis since they were new. They're not 'kiddies', or 'azzholes', and they don't need a self-appointed redeeming angel to descend from upon high to teach them the error of their ways.

I don't know if it occured to you, but if you didn't end every other post with a condescending 'fooku kids', you might gain a little more acceptance. You clearly have a lot of knowledge about old bikes. Why not share that, instead of including hostile attitude in the majority of your writings?
                                1980 GS550ET

Comment

Working...
                                X