Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post

Heh....so's you guys know....."Stolychnaya"....touted as one of the best ya, know what that word means in Russian ?.... "table vodka"....the stuff you serve on a usual basis....on the table with dinner....common stuff, lol.....pretty funny huh ?
    At least you mentioned it...LOL
    I work with a guy about 54 yrs old and he is a big stolis fan, said he started drinking it in early 80's and he said it was pricey back then and considered one of the best back then. He said he's heard its middle of the road vodka now and the price isn't bad compared to a lot of stuff out there.He says he drinks it cause of nostalgic reasons?
    Its about the only thing I drink believe it or not, but not a big drinker..screwdrivers..LOL
    I have a friend thats a big vodka connoisseur and likes some stuff I can't even remember name, I still like the stolis

Comment

In the US, vodka is legally defined as "grain neutral spirits", meaning ethanol from grain with damn near nothing else.

If you crave something other than water and pure ethanol, it isn't alcohol.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

The Polish and Ukranians (where my dads family is from) use sugar beets and potatos....and honestly, it produces a very nice vodka.....

Trent...not sure where yer from....but if ya have mountain ash near ya (rowan trees)....get an 80 proof bottle of "Nikolai" or such....lose a 1/4 bottle....whichever way ya like, lol....add the rowanberries till its up to the top....seal it, and put it in a cool, dark space for like 6 months.....you'll be amazed.....

Its the same with moonshine.....most of its all similar....now, ya take ter originilal mash, and add say....hell, mangos...macerated mangoes....its gonna change the whole final cut....

Oh yeah, Trent....my family used to usualy use Smirnoff (called it Smirnovka) as the standard for family dinners....Sttolychnaya came around, then all swithed to the Polish vodkas....

Its REALLY hard to find....but theres vodka from Vienna ....its called Monopolowa...tripple distilled by a Polack that makes it in Austria from potatos....his name is J.A. Baczewski....original company was started in the 1700s, then the communists made him run.....tough to find....but this is some really nice stuff....

Rare vodkas can be found around Brighton Beach, NY, and that whole Tribecca area....I refuse to go down there...dont like the cit at all....Im a hillbilly....but both my kids live in Brooklyn....go figure....2 country kids move to the city....but you can find stuff down there....theys probably just ship dist to dist....but ya never know....

In the US, vodka is legally defined as "grain neutral spirits", meaning ethanol from grain with damn near nothing else.
        ...so much for the validity of US definitions, lolol.....thats like comparing Jack daniels to a fine 12 yr old scotch aged in specially prepared oak barrels....
        Heres a pic of mountain ash/rowan....the ripe ones ya wanna use turn a light orange.....thats when ripe....just before they start to shrivel in autumn....

sorbus_aucuparia_rowan_mountain_ash_tree_berries_07-09-08_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          I have no problem with you being here, as long as you don't swear at people or get into personal attacks or name calling. Being of Russian heritage should NOT be a problem to anyone here & if it is, THEY need to go away! Some people may not get your humor but that is on them to figure out. I'm never above pi$$ing someone off if they have it coming, I just won't swear at them or call them names. Some people just can't help that they are "dumber than a football bat" but what are you going to do about them. Idiots need love too I guess. And welcome to the site, if I haven't told you that already.
          Ray.
          See, now I think you're referring to me here, maybe other people are different to all that you ken, and you mightn't understand what has brought me to this kind of conclusion, if this is the case, and I'm being nice here because on the whole I think your input is balanced and informative, but then really you might want to consider better that not everybody comes from a nice ordered upbringing. If you don't want to consider, then I can offer plenty of options.
          This to wolfie. Just to add I am not a spring "fookin" kid and I've been around the block a few times. That kind'v condescending crap burns my arse, long trip 500miles?? Ha! fek! try 1500 and 2k miles in one hit then I will listen..maybe, Alone thousands of miles from home, listening to languages that one cannot understand, just you and your bike?? Trying to get stamps to cross borders? No mobile, no bank card!! Stroll on dude, please tell me all about it!
          "FOOKIN KIDS" INDEEDY!!!
          Then I have to watch your excuse of English not your first language? Ha! If its true that you were in 'Nam' then for sure you were chatting well away in your adoptive country language, which you must've been born in, my dad was born in UK and spoke Oxford English, + Plus old dialect Russian of total Russian decent escaped from a whole string of murders. I myself used to be sent away to cousins in Belgium where there were four languages going around the meal table at one time, and I can very tell you that if you're in a place long enough you think in those languages just because of economy of wasted time trying to explain a point. But then your 180 IQ has clearly prepared you for all that. Please can you stop blowing smoke up our collective inadequate arses.
          My opinion is that maybe the motorbike is ok, who the fek cares? What is hard to stomach is the condescending sneering attitude like putting about on a stinking certain type of motorbike places you/others on some kind of pinnacle of achievement.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Just to add, This was not meant as an attack it was just some words that have been cooking inside. Now they're out.
            sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              I wouldn't go as far as saying new Harleys are junk. I know of a few people with many reliable miles on them.
              With todays crop of people (generally speaking) who dont even own a toolbox, let alone know how to wrench, I dont think
              any manufacturer can afford to turn out junk.
              The Evo motors are decent, but the Twin Cam is a definite step backward in quality.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

try 1500 and 2k miles in one hit then I will listen..maybe, Alone thousands of miles from home, listening to languages that one cannot understand, just you and your bike??
                I though I was hard core doing 10,000 miles in a summer.
                Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Canary View Post
                  I though I was hard core doing 10,000 miles in a summer.
                  Very respectable, don't get me wrong this isn't a kk measuring contest, just that its possible and has been done by clearly lesser mortals.
                  It is/never has been about the machine itself, just the condescending sneerers that choose to park their arses on them, you never see this about any other make/build of bike/car/truck/dog/dogs cousin.. whatever, so it says the make, this particular make is a statement not so much a mode of transport no more no less. Some of my mates have Harleys, they're sixty years old, got nowt to prove except their damn yam xs650's don't make enough of a statement any more. And last thing I need is wretched tough nuts rubbing my nose in their perceived hierarchal pecking order that only exists in the mind of the scowling twit on a damn Harley. I was in Italy three/four summers ago and a bunch of them went by on Japanese look alikes scowling and sneering trying to emulate the 'real thing' even more laughical.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha! fek! try 1500 and 2k miles in one hit then I will listen..maybe, Alone thousands of miles from home, listening to languages that one cannot understand, just you and your bike?? Trying to get stamps to cross borders? No mobile, no bank card!! Stroll on dude, please tell me all about it!
                    Been there, done that....when i was younger....now, 500 is about my daily limit with 8 disabilities. And I was talkin DAILY trips....not overnight rides....I rode my 68 FL from NY, to New orleans, to Dallas, to LA, then to Olympia, then to BC, then across Canada following the old Trans Canada RR...all the way to Nova Scotia, then back into NY....add THEM miles up....when i mentioned 500, I was talkin about a daytrip....and hay, I'd outride you anyday.....duration wise....any time yer up to it....I'll put $1000 US on it too.....just stoppin fer gas and thats it....ya eat on yer bike, pizz off the side....just gas stops....I bet I can make it from NY to LA doin that, no sleep....I did Dallas in 22 hrs nonstop....

Then I have to watch your excuse of English not your first language? Ha! If its true that you were in 'Nam' then for sure you were chatting well away in your adoptive country language, which you must've been born in,
                    I was never in vietnam besides for a quick stopover. Id said I was in Cambodia. Is English YOUR first language ? or is it you just have problems reading and understanding.....if youre gonna bash my azz, at least have the intelligence to copy and post a quote where Id stated that. "Hello ?...is there anybody in there ???"....one of the reasons i was there, was because i knew how to fly low level and spoke fluent Russian....WTF is YOUR problem ????...aint had enough lately ?...mebbe none at all ?....mebbe ya go the other way ?....

And even though you may not have meant your statements as an attack, they were....PERSONAL attacks....that violates the forum TOS, which btw Ive become very familiar with due to post like yours. It almost seems like youre trying to goad me into lashing out at your post (hell, i thought all that crep was dead and under the carpet)....but you stirred it back up again....why ?....are you REALLY that bored ?...

Please can you stop blowing smoke up our collective inadequate arses.
                    Im guessing that youre speaking just for yourself, and perhaps a small handful of others. Unless youve been asleep, or are just too lazy to read posts, Id made apologies for SOME of my posts and have made MANY ammends with members privately.

Kenya, huh ?....too bad....

Geez, Id hoped this BS was over..............looks like "intentional instigation" to me.....

Where did you get that i was in Vietnam ??????....did you fabricate that in your tiny mind simply to add to your bash post ?.....I was in CAMBODIA...after the Vietnam War....do you have a habit of twisting peoples stories to suit your own means ?....I sugest seeing your doctor and getting a prescription for prozac or the like....you have some serious anxiety and aggrivation issues that should be adressed by a professional.

"Tatu"....a russian girl band....cool....lol.... "s'plains a lot Lucy", lol....that was a humorous post you made, thanks for the laugh. Now GET OFF MT BACK !!!!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Hello jack!

My longest ride since I got back on 26 months ago was a 200 mile day. What happens when you get old.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Exactly....Im almost 60 now, numerous disabilities where docs told me Id be in a wheelchair by 50.....but hay....i still ride.....and I can do a 500 mi day no problem (usually)....enough whites, i bet I can go 1000/day....but why....to torture ones self ?
                        Ya do what ya can.....is there a contest ?....if so, im in....

How about a coast to coast ride......NY to LA.....kinda like the rallys of yore....all put in $500....winner takes all.....think about it...100 riders, thats a 50k purse....Id do it....

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        My longest ride since I got back on 26 months ago was a 200 mile day. What happens when you get old.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
                          Been there, done that....when i was younger....now, 500 is about my daily limit with 8 disabilities. And I was talkin DAILY trips....not overnight rides....I rode my 68 FL from NY, to New orleans, to Dallas, to LA, then to Olympia, then to BC, then across Canada following the old Trans Canada RR...all the way to Nova Scotia, then back into NY....add THEM miles up....when i mentioned 500, I was talkin about a daytrip....and hay, I'd outride you anyday.....duration wise....any time yer up to it....I'll put $1000 US on it too.....just stoppin fer gas and thats it....ya eat on yer bike, pizz off the side....just gas stops....I bet I can make it from NY to LA doin that, no sleep....I did Dallas in 22 hrs nonstop....

I was never in vietnam besides for a quick stopover. Id said I was in Cambodia. Is English YOUR first language ? or is it you just have problems reading and understanding.....if youre gonna bash my azz, at least have the intelligence to copy and post a quote where Id stated that. "Hello ?...is there anybody in there ???"....one of the reasons i was there, was because i knew how to fly low level and spoke fluent Russian....WTF is YOUR problem ????...aint had enough lately ?...mebbe none at all ?....mebbe ya go the other way ?....

And even though you may not have meant your statements as an attack, they were....PERSONAL attacks....that violates the forum TOS, which btw Ive become very familiar with due to post like yours. It almost seems like youre trying to goad me into lashing out at your post (hell, i thought all that crep was dead and under the carpet)....but you stirred it back up again....why ?....are you REALLY that bored ?...

Im guessing that youre speaking just for yourself, and perhaps a small handful of others. Unless youve been asleep, or are just too lazy to read posts, Id made apologies for SOME of my posts and have made MANY ammends with members privately.

Kenya, huh ?....too bad....

Geez, Id hoped this BS was over..............looks like "intentional instigation" to me.....

Where did you get that i was in Vietnam ??????....did you fabricate that in your tiny mind simply to add to your bash post ?.....I was in CAMBODIA...after the Vietnam War....do you have a habit of twisting peoples stories to suit your own means ?....I sugest seeing your doctor and getting a prescription for prozac or the like....you have some serious anxiety and aggrivation issues that should be adressed by a professional.

"Tatu"....a russian girl band....cool....lol.... "s'plains a lot Lucy", lol....that was a humorous post you made, thanks for the laugh. Now GET OFF MT BACK !!!!!

Originally posted by tatu View Post
                          Just to add, This was not meant as an attack it was just some words that have been cooking inside. Now they're out.
                          While there is plenty on your above post to reply to I'm leaving it now because It was as I said in my post after.

Just to add Tatu the girl bad has nothing to do with my forum name,
                          I googled it, Damn, now what to do?
                          sigpic

Comment

While there is plenty on your above post to reply to I'm leaving it now because It was as I said in my post after.

Just to add Tatu the girl bad has nothing to do with my forum name,
                            I googled it, Damn, now what to do?
                            A restrained and wise response.

Your earlier post reminded me of three of us riding our 150cc Senkes from Juba to Kampala. Trying to find 'petrol' after dark north of Gulu was interesting.

Check points during the day weren't too bad but the soldiers drank a lot at night. Made things exciting at times.

I got an email for a gig in Macedonia; we'll see. But I sure do miss east Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                              A restrained and wise response.

Your earlier post reminded me of three of us riding our 150cc Senkes from Juba to Kampala. Trying to find 'petrol' after dark north of Gulu was interesting.

Check points during the day weren't too bad but the soldiers drank a lot at night. Made things exciting at times.

I got an email for a gig in Macedonia; we'll see. But I sure do miss east Africa.
                              A nice ride Risky being out after dark in any case in Uganda let alone on your Piki Piki's, one of my most scary road block encounters was after dark after crossing from Zaire into Uganda and a drunk soldier could not'v been more than fourteen screaming at me that I hadn't stopped at the road block, and pointed at a stick with a few leaves attached. Fuel being unavailable to foreign registered vehicles at that time as well. Being able to speak swahilli changed everything. Do the buildings in Kampala still have bullet scars on them or have they got round to plastering them up? Macedonia sounds very splendid!
                              sigpic

Comment

A nice ride Risky being out after dark in any case in Uganda let alone on your Piki Piki's, one of my most scary road block encounters was after dark after crossing from Zaire into Uganda and a drunk soldier could not'v been more than fourteen screaming at me that I hadn't stopped at the road block, and pointed at a stick with a few leaves attached. Fuel being unavailable to foreign registered vehicles at that time as well. Being able to speak swahilli changed everything. Do the buildings in Kampala still have bullet scars on them or have they got round to plastering them up? Macedonia sounds very splendid!
                                I'm sure there were at least some bullet scars but I didn't see any. Kampala has become quite a nice place despite its traffic challenges. The old man with the hat is certainly a dictator-like character, but he has stabilized Uganda to a large degree.

Owing a Harley while deployed would be great fun. My buddy had a Dyna while he was there with his wife in York. But Harleys are pricey everywhere.

Would be nice to hear something about Macedonia either way soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X