Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_chopper View Post
    If I saw you on the side of the road I'd stop regardless of what you are riding. It's what I do. I would like to think everyone would but I've seen that's not the case.
    Thats how it should be!
    Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Funny, sounds like a large number of you all would "snub" or label me when riding my Super Glide....... ..............................
      Nope.
      Not me anyway.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Funny, sounds like a large number of you all would "snub" or label me when riding my Super Glide...
        I have never snubbed another rider, even after they have snubbed me. There are too many roads ahead to worry about that kind of trivial nonsense.

Comment

I have a t-shirt with the Harley bar and shield and it says " Hardly Moving Mother ****ers" And I get the HD guys giving me the head nod all the time. They don't read the logo obviously.

Comment

im a new harley owner,and i dont care if i ever use my gs again, its that big of a difference , mine is newer '05, great bike, i love my harley,and my zuk, but thereis no comparing
            they are well built, so smooth,its a different world, my 750/ big bore kit is like a toy "and it screams" ,but the zuk is fun to play on
            i do suggest everyone go out and get a harley!

Comment

Dude, I'll ride with ANYONE...I like all bikes.

You should SEE my cousin, been riding Harley's for 30 years. He recently bought a built up ninja 600 with a rattle can paint job. He wears all his Harley leathers on a JAP bike, with a full face helmet. He's a damn good rider, probably got over 1 million miles on all 7 of his Harley's in his lifetime. He's already attached to that Kawi now, lol

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                im a new harley owner,and i dont care if i ever use my gs again, its that big of a difference , mine is newer '05, great bike, i love my harley,and my zuk, but thereis no comparing
                they are well built, so smooth,its a different world, my 750/ big bore kit is like a toy "and it screams" ,but the zuk is fun to play on
                i do suggest everyone go out and get a harley!
                I could make that same comparison to my 1981 GS750L and My 2002 Yamaha FZ1... Light years apart in everything, higher build quality, more power in the low, mid and high power bands, way more comfy... Taking an early 80's UJM and comparing it to anything after 2000 is like comparing apples to oranges. However I get where your coming from and I do see my self some day down the road owning a Sportser... But for now I'll stick with Japanese reliability, it's what I can afford.

I have no Issues with Harley guys that have no issues with me. It's the guys that think their Sprotster 1200 is the fastest thing on the road that I have quarrels with.

In example this June I plan on visiting my sister and my brother in law down in Tennessee. He's a huge Harley fan & owner and part of a Harley MC founded up of war Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq. I told him I was ridding down and couldn't wait to ride with him. Apparently him and his MC buddies are all excited to meet and greet with me and they wanted to show me some fantastic ridding roads. Great pack of guys, met a few when they accompanied my brother in law up this past summer. Can't reiterate enough great guys.

my 2 cents..
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

When I actually used to wave to other bikers I found I would get snubbed by Goldwing riders the most. They seem to be the most stuck up, nose in the air bikers out there. At least here in the North East.
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    When I actually used to wave to other bikers I found I would get snubbed by Goldwing riders the most. They seem to be the most stuck up, nose in the air bikers out there. At least here in the North East.

I noticed that too, always the wingers!
                    My brother pulled up to a stoplight on his Norton next to a Harley, my brother gave him a polite nod and the guy snubbed him, the woman on back yelled "why don't you get a real bike!" He yelled back, "as soon as you get real boobs" The guy tried to kick my brothers gas tank but missed and almost fell over, my brother messed with him for about ten miles, speeding up, slowing down, letting him catch up, stopping then speeding off when he was done playing. Actually, all he had to do was turn a corner and he would have lost him.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2013, 02:55 AM.

Comment

found this.... Made me smile.

Comment

My favourite is the fact that my Buell is essentially a HD product, though the Harley guys don't even pay notice. I just love it!

We have the issue here with the BMW GS riders. They nod and greet each other and even me - cause I suppose from a distance they figure it's a BMW, not a Buell...

Comment

Originally posted by Suzooki View Post
                          I noticed that too, always the wingers!
                          My brother pulled up to a stoplight on his Norton next to a Harley, my brother gave him a polite nod and the guy snubbed him, the woman on back yelled "why don't you get a real bike!" He yelled back, "as soon as you get real boobs" The guy tried to kick my brothers gas tank but missed and almost fell over, my brother messed with him for about ten miles, speeding up, slowing down, letting him catch up, stopping then speeding off when he was done playing. Actually, all he had to do was turn a corner and he would have lost him.
                          maybe it s because they have bad eyesight!

Comment

I rode harleys when It wasnt popular. They were old sportsters which are discriminated against by the big twin riders. Its just that the new breed tend to be cookie cutter types. But I generally judge on a one-to-one basis.

Comment

I rode a friends late model big twin hd, and found it boring. I guess on a long trip it would really shine. Unfortunatly it stays in his garage most of the time.lol

Comment

I stopped to fill up at a gas station during a ride, and my bike wouldnt start. Charging system problems. Pushed it to a parking spot, got out my voltmeter and was messing around, had the seat and side panel off. At least two other bikes stopped and parked next to me. Not one of them said anything to me, no hellos or offers to help. I was even trying to push start it. One was a Ducati and the other a newer harley I believe. Biker brotherhood my ass.
                                I took out the headlight fuse, and got it started some how and somehow it started charging again, so I made it home ok.
                                I dont wave at any bikes unless they wave first anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X