Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a T shirt that says Need Truck ?
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
      There is a general attitude with most HD riders I come across, I don't understand why they, for the most part, do not want to be sociable with riders of other than HD machines, just my observation if I'm ridin my Zook or Beemer.

One more thing, I will not ride a bike that is designed to shake itself in to a bunch of spare parts going down the road in close formation.

Just Sayin
      Sad but true.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

A couple of years ago my friend was leaving a bar. As he was about to put his helmet on, a Harley riders girlfriend began to mock him for having a helmet that matched his jacket. He replied with the observation that she had all of the stereotypical Harley gear on. (useless leather vest, Harley t shirt,etc.) The Harley guy mounted his ride and....It wouldn't start. My friend quietly chuckled,started his gs and rode off.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dont mess with SAMCRO man!

Comment

My one and only bike is a 04 Harley (my wife on the other hand, has two GS 650G's and an 09 Ninja...long story there). I like the knuckle scraping crudeness about it. I'm hoping next year I will have the funds to build a hardtail shovel. That being said, I think I'm only one of two, maybe three Harley's in the MC riding group I belong to....and yes I get my fair share of good natured ribbing about dripping oil, parts falling off, etc. Truth be told, I've got about 30k miles on it, and it has been very reliable. It fits my riding style - I like to be stretched out and comfortable - no windshield, no fairing, just my knees in the breeze. That being said, I do personally appreciate all kinds of bikes. I enjoy riding my wife's 650G ..very docile bike, very intuitive. Also liked riding her Ninja..can you say zoomzoom!! Guess my point is, you can't necessarily stereotype... I wave at all bikes (okay, I'm sorry, but Bergman scooters don't count). You just gotta approach Harley Riders just like anyone else you just might meet in the grocery store line...gotta give them the benefit of the doubt (or what I like to say "give them enough rope to hang themselves with).

Cheers,
            Mike

Comment

Xr1200x .

Comment

In my original story, I certainly did not mean to say anything bad about Harley, or Harley riders. Nor did I mean to imply that all Harley riders are all the same.

Just that the guy was wearing a sweatshirt that said "Got Harley?", when on that occassion (mid 40's degree F) he did not "Have Harely" there, and I did have my bike there (Shadow 500). I just about wanted to say something like
                "GOt Harley? I see that you have a sweatshirt. But, ah, er, I dont see any Harley."
                or
                "No, Do not have Harley, but do have my bike here."
                or
                "No, but do have more than just a sweatshirt here."
                Just to joke around, you know, good natured comradery.

And then, in my story, I went on to describe that I remember having seen those particular guys from other occassions. And after remebering those other occassions, my comments would not have been so good-natured, ... so I said nothing.

Last edited by Redman; 03-20-2013, 12:30 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  In my original story, I certainly did not mean to say anything bad about Harley, or Harley riders. Nor did I mean to imply that all Harley riders are all the same.

Just that the guy was wearing a sweatshirt that said "Got Harley?", when on that occassion (mid 40's degree F) he did not "Have Harely" there, and I did have my bike there (Shadow 500). I just about wanted to say something like
                  "GOt Harley? I see that you have a sweatshirt. But, ah, er, I dont see any Harley."
                  or
                  "No, Do not have Harley, but do have my bike here."
                  or
                  "No, but do have more than just a sweatshirt here."
                  Just to joke around, you know, good natured comradery.

And then, in my story, I went on to describe that I remember having seen those particular guys from other occassions. And after remebering those other occassions, my comments would not have been so good-natured, ... so I said nothing.

Hey Redman - wasn't thinking / referencing your original post when I posted (enjoyed the story BTW)...it was the several pages of (mostly) Harley bashing. And truth be told, some/much is deserved, and is perpetuated by the RUB's (rich urban bikers) who think there bowel movements smell like roses. In fact, if anyone took offense to my post, I genuinely apologize ... the gist of my post was the proverbial 'don't judge a book by it's cover.'

Cheers,
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhobryan View Post
                    Hey Redman - ........
                    No problem Mike.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I walked into a Honda dealer today, had my flashy Suzuki jacket on.
                      All of a sudden I hear somebody literally Yell from across the showroom floor.

"HEY! You gotta take that jacket off now man!"
                      So I look over, and it's some big black dude, with an IDENTICAL Suzuki jacket on!
                      We both start busting out laughing.
                      He was a cool guy.

Comment

I will ride with anyone on anything. Doesn't matter to me till you treat me like crap for what I ride. Usually when I get crap from someone it's usually a pouser who's only ever put gas in the tank and air in the tire.

Comment

Ill bash a little.

I find nothing wrong with harleys themselves really, it's the whole mentality. And IMO, you arent "getting what you pay for" If you like em, ride em...just don't try and think you're better than someone for doing so. Because they are subpar. Still an engine that would do better in a john deere. And a transmission so big and heavy it would sink a freighter....

My problem with them is the cost...you are paying just to say you "got a harley" Thelaws of economics aren't applying. the market is literally FLOODED with them, and still the prices are ridiculous. go to ebay, search "motorcycles" just weird.... my favorite part, search "Dual sport" you still get harleys. W-T-F LOL

It's like folks are buying them, paying high prices to be part of an "elite few" but... EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER rides one.

My dislike for them started right around 97ish. When I was first financially self sufficient. I actually went to the shop and looked at one.. (almost got sucked in) a brand new green special edition sportster 1200. no price tag, I had no clue. it was a demo. started it, rode around parking lot once....

I ask "how much is this?" sales guy: "13,500"

i nearly wet myself. "is it supposed to shake like this?" -"yep thats american iron" < LOL

"wow, I was expecting 6-7 for as poorly as this runs" i did not make a friend that day. I would have paid 6 for it LOL

so no motorcycles for awhile. then, I bought a vstar 650. Amazing value cruiser. Brand new 5k. and built nearly as well, and ran smoother.

you know....a memory just came back....the few weeks I had dad's GS running (1994ish), I rode it to a job interview. I parked in car spot. Directly behind me, a mullet clad, headband wearing fellow pulls up in a beat up truck with harley and "merika" stickers everywhere....hes in the handicapped. honks his
                          horn... "move that piece of **** outta the way" <---say this in the worst fake southern accent you can dream up. wants me to move so he can have the spot. Huge gentleman. i was probably 160 soaking wet at the time. I pulled up to the next one. LOL I hear "get a real bike" as hes walking away.

that could have something to do with my thoughts on harleys LOL

Comment

You know something that really bothers me and I am guessing its kinda stupid on my part?

When I am in a bar and some twit has a Guinness shirt on and they are drinking a normal beer and not a ale or stout or anything of that like.

I realize it is just a jealously on my part as I am actually admiring the shirt and realize I just cannot afford one and spend my evenings drinking Guinness as well.

I still feel the need to call them out on it and my friends always seem surprised before they laugh at the situation.

I always hear the same answers, cant afford to drink them tonight, was a gift from Got Harley Guy.

FU_KIN POSERS!

Comment

This is a subject that intrigues me. Harleyism seems to occur in pockets.

When i took my first long road trip I was heading west on I94, west of Detroit and saw a biker on the side of the road. I parked ahead of him, and when I could stop laughing, I got off the bike and went back to see if I cold elp.

He was a tall, skinny, black man who had friends that all rode HDs, and he had a Honda 750. He had been riding with them today for his first time out, and his bike quit. Unfortunately ALL of his HD friends rode away, leaving him on the side of the highway.

My laughter was because He had outfitted his jacket and pants with so many chains that it looked like he might topple under the weight. He told me his "friends" dressed like that, and he wanted to belong, too.

Sadly, his "friends" were not happy that he rode a ricer and insulted him badly when they got that opportunity to show him up.

I had a saddlebag full of tools on the Guzzi, and repairing his bike took only a few minutes, as it was something simple, but he was grateful for the help and just may have learned to look out for himself first, and not seek false friendships.
                              "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                                .... not seek false friendships.
                                Good advice for everyone at all times.
                                sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
                                X