Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some might say that if you don't dare wear your colors on the street,you don't matter.

Comment

Just thought I'd share a joke I heard once: 98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road, the other 2% made it home.

Comment

Comment

i need a bumper sticker of that for my mini van. ^
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I liked the old guy I saw on a 70s CB750, had on the back of his helmet a sticker that said "Real bikers are a rare breed. Harley riders are dime a dozen."

Comment

I love seeing "I'd rather push a Harely than ride a Jap bike!" bumper stickers on Toyotas and Mazdas..

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My Harley biker story follows. I've written it a few times, but most people here haven't yet been subjected to it.

In 1982 I was still riding my GT550. I rode it solo from Blookington, IL to Denver. In eastern Missouri, rain started pouring, so it was a good time to break for dinner at a small, local cafe. A short time after arrival, a Harley rider came in, also solo. The cafe was full, and he asked if he might sit with me. That was fine.

We talked for an hour as fellow bikers, not as a rice-burner guy and a Harley guy. Or mostly, he talked and I listened. He talked about the motorcycle club he belonged to. He talked about his brushed with the law, which were normal and common events to him. Mostly gambling infractions. He bragged about his bike. Economical, almost 30 mpg. Reliable, only had to spend a few minutes tightening fasteners every hundred miles or so.

I enjoyed his stories and he enjoyed having an audience. We parted on a friendly basis.
                sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                  My Harley biker story follows. I've written it a few times, but most people here haven't yet been subjected to it.

In 1982 I was still riding my GT550. I rode it solo from Blookington, IL to Denver. In eastern Missouri, rain started pouring, so it was a good time to break for dinner at a small, local cafe. A short time after arrival, a Harley rider came in, also solo. The cafe was full, and he asked if he might sit with me. That was fine.

We talked for an hour as fellow bikers, not as a rice-burner guy and a Harley guy. Or mostly, he talked and I listened. He talked about the motorcycle club he belonged to. He talked about his brushed with the law, which were normal and common events to him. Mostly gambling infractions. He bragged about his bike. Economical, almost 30 mpg. Reliable, only had to spend a few minutes tightening fasteners every hundred miles or so.

I enjoyed his stories and he enjoyed having an audience. We parted on a friendly basis.
                  That's because he was a rider and didn't just try an image like far too many Harley buyers try to do.

I'd put my ridden Chinese 250 against any garage Harley any time.

OK, so I have to keep after the 250 too to keep it running; but just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Dj66 View Post
                    There are ass****s in every group of any size. Clearly some ride GS's.
                    And some ride "L"s?

79 1000L
                    99 Buell S3
                    93 built 883/1200
                    72 Xlh 1000 Sportster
                    75 Xlch 1000 Sportster
                    69 Triumph 650
                    71 Triumph 650
                    83 Honda cx500
                    79 Honda cx500
                    76 Honda 550 4

(Apologies to tkent for beating him to the punch.)
                    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

An old patchholder i know told me "they have to stop for gas sometime" meaning that is when you knock there teeth out. That might explain some seemingly random violence.
                      That assumes that the H-D rider can stay close enough to the sportbike rider to catch up to him when he stops at a gas station and get to him before he leaves.

Unless the sportbike rider pulls over for gas within a few minutes of passing Mr. Puttputt, that's a pretty big assumption.
                      sigpic

SUZUKI:
                      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

And the easy way to spot a Harley rider is.....he's the guy with the flies stuck to the back of his helmet.
                        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                          That assumes that the H-D rider can stay close enough to the sportbike rider to catch up to him when he stops at a gas station and get to him before he leaves.

Unless the sportbike rider pulls over for gas within a few minutes of passing Mr. Puttputt, that's a pretty big assumption.
                          That would account for the random nature of the potential violence, it will probably not be the same sport rider who pays the price.

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
                            And the easy way to spot a Harley rider is.....he's the guy with the flies stuck to the back of his helmet.

What helmet?

Comment

i'm curious mr. dj, are you saying there are harley riders that would randomly pick a sportbike rider to beat up to pay back some other sportbike rider for passing him really fast and surprising him? do you know these people?

i mean it does sound like the type of thing some guys would say but would they actually do it?
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

That would account for the random nature of the potential violence, it will probably not be the same sport rider who pays the price.
                                I don't by that crap. I've rode the highways and never came across anyone like that. However I do kind of keep to myself. I'm friendly but I don't over do it... I think DJ is a little full of himself.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X