Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tfb View Post
    I simply cannot take any man seriously who is wearing a Halloween outfit.
    Even during Halloween season?
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Well, given that here in Australia Halloween has never been a big event (although in recent years more of the kiddies have been doing the trick or treat thing), anyone seen in a skull mask is automatically assumed to be a H*rley rider.

Comment

They're so scary.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The truly scary thing is that these neanderthals VOTE.

Comment

Idiots

I tend to agree with most of the opinions in this thread. I don't have a problem with the Harley riders. It's the Harley owners that I just can't seem to stomach. You know, the ones who own an HD just so they can sit around bragging about how much they paid for paint and chrome, and pretend to be a 1%er a couple of weekends a year. Every piece of clothing they have on is usually branded, and their pickup and trailer have a "Live To Ride, Ride To Live" sticker on it somewhere. I have even had them walk around my Triumph Rocket III, and ask, "Triumph, does Harley make that?" As a general rule, the true bikers, hate the posers as much as we do.

Comment

Originally posted by kyscootertrash View Post
              I tend to agree with most of the opinions in this thread. I don't have a problem with the Harley riders. It's the Harley owners that I just can't seem to stomach. You know, the ones who own an HD just so they can sit around bragging about how much they paid for paint and chrome, and pretend to be a 1%er a couple of weekends a year. Every piece of clothing they have on is usually branded, and their pickup and trailer have a "Live To Ride, Ride To Live" sticker on it somewhere. I have even had them walk around my Triumph Rocket III, and ask, "Triumph, does Harley make that?" As a general rule, the true bikers, hate the posers as much as we do.
              Welcome to the forums!
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

On the general Harley theme...
                The first and only Harley that spoke to me was the XLCR. Man, I wanted that. Just as well I couldn't afford one at the time, it would have destroyed my illusions, I think.
                Anyway, roll on a few years and the Evo engine came out. In the meantime I'd looked at various Harleys up close and not been impressed with the spindly frames, especially around the rear end. I rather fancied the notion of a brand-new Evo engine and transmission inserted in a properly designed frame and crafted in the style of the XLCR.
                The idea's still got legs, but it's on the shelf, along with the Daihatsu turbo-diesel Boxer Beemer (the Germans beat me to it).
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Booyah! Hit the nail right on the head. I'm a Harley 'rider' - couldn't have said it better myself. I don't *hate* 'owners' - just choose to ignore them; if they are happy posing, who am i to judge? None of the folks I ride with have Harley's...except my wife who was a diehard sports bike gal, until she wanted something more comfy for the longer rides - now has a 1200 sportster.

What was interesting when she DID ride a sports bike, is who did the ole MC wave - if she was leading it was sports bikes, if I was leading it was cruisers. Not surprising I guess, but it was interesting to observe the different behaviors.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

A perceptive comment. I actually like the H-D bikes...it's the lifestyle/poser factor that puts me off. I've had good riding buddies on H-D's and had H-D's myself. It's the bozos who change their whole world into orange and black and have bar and shield pillowcases that need to come up for air. A relative in Florida is the complete poser. He had to have a Fat Boy...then chromed it out...added the H-D edition Ford pick up...always talks about how great his Harley is. But I noticed when I visited and wanted to go for a ride he always had a reason not to. In the winter he'd say it was too cold and in the summer it was too hot. I finally told him he didn't have a motorcycle...he just had a driveway ornament.

I also own BMW's and know some clowns that are equally nuts with the blue and white roundel.

In the end, they're just motorcycles and you pays your money and makes your choice. Real riders just ride.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I rode my 78 GS750 on a strip poker run (yes its a poker run where you only go to strip clubs, I like boobs) last year and a local MC put it on that isnt 1% but follows the same HD only theme.

Before we ventured off a few non members made comments on the old weathered GS I brought, it seems they were concerned with its reliability.

After the first stop we lost a bike due to a break down. Can you guess the make of the bike that had troubles? Thats right it was a HOG, I to was surprised.

So off to the second gentleman's club. This time two bikes had problems and would you believe it they were both MURICAN.

But of course the show must go on. So we get to the third "bar-o- sin", this time all were accounted for. But while standing outside enjoying a cancer stick I got into a conversion with some Harley folks. And they were impressed with the GS and its apparent reliability and performance. But they also felt the need to point out that it had a torn seat and dents in the tank, rust on the frame ,corrosion on the aluminum wheels, grime on the engine etc. So I pointed out that the guy who was riding this bike that had so many problems also had the hottest chick on the back (she's impressive and why she got with my greasy mess is beyond me so I just go with it) and it can and has out performed bikes 30+ years its junior and cost less than 10% of these other bikes. We had a laugh.

But I also learned that they have more respect for riders of metric bikes or non Harleys than they do for weekend warriors. Or posers, they considered posers guys on faux Harleys (i.e. Shadows, V-stars, etc) that dress and act like they are card carrying members of Sons of Anarchy.

The moral of the story, we had fun. I am looking forward to this years event. If things go according to plan *Knocks on wood* I will be on my restored and slightly modified 78 GS and I can explain built is better than bought and they can shiver in the shadow of my magnificence.

Comment

What's a 1%er? Please don't laugh at me, I have a pretty good idea but would like to hear the real meaning.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          What's a 1%er? Please don't laugh at me, I have a pretty good idea but would like to hear the real meaning.
                          A 1%er is a member of a outlaw motorcycle club.

Way back when the AMA published something that said 99% of motorcyclists are law biding citizens. So they pride themselfs as being the "1%" .

So if you encounter a club member with a diamond on his vest with 1% in it, try and be nice.

Comment

Great story Born2lose Now that sounds like fun, a Strip Poker Run.
                            Also I like your signature..."Cheap, Fast, or Reliable. You only get two"
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              The guys I rode with in Colorado had a similar saying, "Cheap, Fast, Good. Pick two"

And to bring it around to the topic, another saying we had was, "Real bikers are a rare breed. Harley owners are a dime a dozen."

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                Great story Born2lose Now that sounds like fun, a Strip Poker Run.
                                Its a good time

Comment

Working...
                                X