GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White GS....

Memorial Day weekend, Fossil Oregon Bike meet...amongst hundreds of Harleys in this nice valley campground...was a 80 GS with the funky square headlight...the torpedo taillight, she was primarily white with blue accents, a custom paint job for sure, it was parked in the campground more up the hill, towards the overlooking cliffs. Our 1150 was present & accounted for that day.
    __________________________________________Rick.... ...

Comment

Church had Biker Sunday yesterday. 70+ bikes riding to local hospital and delivering toys for the kids there.

Only other vintage GS I saw was in fact a 1982 GS650E.

My bikes prettier twin. Light blue, but completely stock bodywork. Found the owner and gave him a card telling him bout this place. We'll see if he logs on.

Amos

Comment

Was just in PIttsburgh scoping out a place to live and saw what looked to be an 80 or 81 GS550L in immaculate condition in the Olive Garden parking lot. I left a note on the handle bar pinch bolts about the GSR and encouraged the rider to check it out. Who knows?

J
        16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
        13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
        78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
        Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
        02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
        12 Aprilia Shiver 750
        82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Can't believe it! After 3 or 4 years, another GS showed up at the local Hooters' bike night.

The young guy had a very nice 78 1000E, shiney black paint, drag bars, V&H pipe with RED rims. (looks cooler than it may sound)
          The dude was running it with NO front fender ! The new paint won't last long and it will be a pain to keep clean, but it is tough looking 8)

He hadn't heard of the site and was very interested, maybe he will show up on the forum :?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigRed
            Only other vintage GS I saw was in fact a 1982 GS650E.

My bikes prettier twin. Light blue, but completely stock bodywork. Found the owner and gave him a card telling him bout this place. We'll see if he logs on.

Amos
            Here's a Picture.

*Sorry about the size, No time to edit at the moment, I'll try to shrink it later tonight*

Comment

Saw a GS1100GK heading west out of St. John's, Newfoundland last week. It's the first of these I've recognized on the road since I got mine. Lots of GS's around southern BC, though many are in driveways.

SV

Comment

Alberg, Vermont, Bluegrass Festival, last Sunday. (14AUG)

Blue GS850L, seen right at the rear of the parking area, with a white V-marking on the back of the helmet.

No one nearby had any idea of who owned the bike.

I was leaving at the time, in between rain showers, so no other time was available to find the owner.
                "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

The firehouse a few blocks from my house had a GS450e out front of it... We stopped and talked to the firefighter that owned it... He bought it ages ago and it sat in his garage for 10 years... Since gas prices are going nuts he drug it out and commutes on it.

Comment

Annual VME run around Vashon Island WA. 9/11/05. I usually only see one or two GS's on this ride each year, but yesterday I saw about a half dozen nice ones. Anyone from GSR attend Red 750 with tank bag, Blue 850 L, Silver 1000G, ..... Hundreds of nice old bikes (and I forgot my camera #-o) ....

Comment

5:30 PM today on 630-west. Beautiful red 550 E? with white rims. Operator was solo with a white helmet and white shirt; looked a little too big for it.

Comment

I rolled up for a indoor soccer game last week in carrollton and about wrecked when I saw a GS out of the corner of my eye. Swung back around and it was same year and model my 850 was only he had a Shield. I left him my card with the GS site but I guess he wasn't interested.

Comment

saw a green 850G in the back of a truck around the corner from my house. Im gonna stop and tap on the door this weekend and see if he needs a hand unloading it

I figure, its either someone to ride with, or a bike to buy, it looks pretty clean, paints been redone, looks like it might be rideable.

Comment

fellow GS'er

Heading into Longmont, Colorado this morning caught up to a 1100 Katana at a light. Stopped and spoke with the rider. Turns out he is a neighbor of mine and is a GS Resources user. Very nice bike Steve and equally nice to meet you.
                            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

10.29.05-- Saw a 83-85 GS 500 E red, with red rims. Parked on Spring St. in Eureka Springs, AR, outside of a B&B.

Comment

Just found out last week that a co-worker in my building has a
                                '78 GS750 with a windshield and rear storage and rack.
                                He parks in a different lot so I hadn't seen it before until he noticed
                                mine and he told me about his. Turns out we both bought them within
                                the same month this past summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X