GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay
    a 1985 gs 700 has just come back to life in San Marcos tx , with the help of TRI COUNTY CYCLE and their rebulit carb, thanks TRI COUNTY, i am almost scared to twist the trotttle all the way

jay
    Join us for the Hill country ride this weekend and you'll see several GS's.

Comment

Evil Hobbit Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:30 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone in Cincinnati is looking. I saw what looked like a 1982 - 83 GS1100E in a driveway in Lebanon, OHIO yesterday for $1000.
      Dude, get more info on that....
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        Evil Hobbit Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:30 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone in Cincinnati is looking. I saw what looked like a 1982 - 83 GS1100E in a driveway in Lebanon, OHIO yesterday for $1000.
        Dude, get more info on that....
        It's a 1985 GS700E $1000. Blue and White. I got a better look at it. The header is rusted pretty bad and the paint is peeling off the front fender. Other then that it looks like a good deal. I have the phone number but I hesitate to post it to the whole world. So if you are interested PM me and I'll gived it to you.

Comment

Saw a GS riding through Goffstown NH at around 4:30 on Sat. March 26th. Looked like a blue and white 85 700ES? Not quite sure. Was it you???
          Currently bikeless
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Just saw a Beutiful GS500L when I went out for lunch. I saw it on 14th street in Atlanta Georgia right outside of the One Atlantic Center tower around 1:15pm. Can anyone claim it? or should I try to track down the owner and get another gsr member?

Comment

Someone owns an 81-83 or so 850GL in Manchester, NH. Looks like the owner might work at the Midas on 2nd street. Is the owner a member here? Show yourself!!
              Currently bikeless

Comment

I have seen on many ocasions (actually I have seen lots of GS's in the Fargo Morrhead area) a GS1100 that is in a place not to far from my place, I even finaly stoped and left one of the GS Biz cards on his bike. Turned out he had already been purusing the sight for some time. LOL.

Comment

Spotted a GS 850 (SE I think?) in the parking lot of my own church! I don't even know who the owner is...didn't know there WAS another GS owner at my church! Trying to figure out who it is currently.

Comment

I've seen a couple of GS's pass by my house, and one in a carport, I just need to get some of those fancy little business cards printed so I can let the ppl know of this place.

Amos

Comment

At my local bike shop today there was not one but 2 GS850G's with Windjammers present! 8O
                      Talked to the owner of the first one yesterday when I brought in my Yammie for service, second owner from new, it was a 79 model with the kicker, bought it when it was 3 or 4 years old, over 100.000 miles on the thing now, nice guy, told him about this site. of course Other one was the newer model, had the full Windjammer, complete with lowers and inner covers next to the engine, the other had the top part only, and a radio with stereo speakers , everything was still period it seemed,o ver 65k miles on that one.

I know I should take my camera everywhere I go....

Comment

At my local bike shop today there was not one but 2 GS850G's with Windjammers present! Shocked
                        Talked to the first one yesterday when I brought in my Yammie for service
                        Didn't know the GS's understood Dutch. 8O

Must've looked kind of funny, you standing there, talking to the bike. Did you "fondle" it too? Did it talk back to you?....if yes, in what? English?...Japanese?....
                        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011
                          At my local bike shop today there was not one but 2 GS850G's with Windjammers present! Shocked

Must've looked kind of funny, you standing there, talking to the bike. Did you "fondle" it too?
                          Did it talk back to you?....if yes, in what? English?...Japanese?....
                          Thats stepping over the line

I'm sure Robinjo was just admiring those magnificent shaft drives

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011

Must've looked kind of funny, you standing there, talking to the bike. Did you "fondle" it too? Did it talk back to you?....if yes, in what? English?...Japanese?....
                            Of course it should read: "Talked to the owner of the first one yesterday "...whoops.

Comment

Saw a nice 1100L by Winstons In Marietta. Parked near a group of harleys. Wanted to stop in and chat but I was in a rush. Needed to be cleaned but was otherwise a pretty sweet bike.

Anyone going to claim it?

anyone?

Comment

I saw a beat to S*** 850 in Louisville CO. There were wires hanging all over the thing. Engine was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing oil all over the street. If it runs it's a miracle. He needs to get that thing in the garage and start working on it. Maybe I should drop him a card and tell him leaving a GS to rot outside could bring the wrath of local GS riders.

Parked across the street is an old BMW boxer. It looks a little better and might even run. How dare he keep a Beemer in better shape than a GS!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X