GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
    I was sitting outside a car wsh today waiting for the car to be ready when a red and black 1150 was heading west out Bandera Road here in San Antonio.
    Billy you know you want one!!!
    Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
      Billy you know you want one!!!
      Dink
      I am getting the itch for something. It will likely either be an old two-stroke or an '05 GSX-R750 though. I really like the 20th anniversary edition GSX-R. And with the wife's new job we can afford it much easier now.

Comment

I am getting the itch for something. It will likely either be an old two-stroke or an '05 GSX-R750 though. I really like the 20th anniversary edition GSX-R. And with the wife's new job we can afford it much easier now.
        Wow Billy! Great tip man. Mental note, send wife to work to fund new motorcycle purchase! Excellent! :twisted:

I know what you meant my friend

Comment

an old two stroke

Oh man, would I like to have a Kawacker H-1, 500 triple. Second choice would be the 750, H-2. Rrrriiiiinnnnnggggdingdingdingdingding. \\/

Comment

Saw 2 today. One was at the stanley Kansas napa auto parts store,he works there. the other one was one blue river road near red bridge in kansas city,both look to be L models Im going to the parts store monday to talk to the guy and introduce him to this site if he does'nt already know about it. If either of these guys are on here pm me so we can go riding!

Comment

I see KZs, but never GSs.

Comment

I saw three GS bikes today... For those of the Chicagoland crew Azemoth (The guy who crashed saturday of the big galena ride a year ago) bought himself a red and black GS750#... it's in decent shape and he got it for 1500$...

They guy he bought it from as an 85GS550ES in pristine and I mean showroom condition in red and black with the lockhart lowers on it....

He also has a GS1100 with a turbo set up on it... that thing sounds sweet as all get out....

I gave him the site info and hopefully he'll post a bit.

Comment

Went to the Laconia Bike Week hillclimbs on Wednesday and saw a GS750 set up for climbing. It was stripped down and had an extended swingarm to give it a longer wheelbase. Had a kickstarter so it must have been a 77-79. Never did see the owner.

Comment

Saw a poor ol' 550 yesterday, no one lavished love on this scoot, one look and you could see its lot in life was to be ridden hard and put up wet. One of the early models, a 77-79. Filthy pods, beat up, black and rusted 4 into 1. Taped up seat, faded, cracked paint, but still displaying the almost 30 grand on the clock with pride. Bike was in the tire shop parking lot by the Beaumont Library in Lexington, parked in the tailight lit mode. Hope that was done on purpose, after running errrands on the Connie I went back by and it was still there, still lit.

Why is it this is the kind of bike you wish you could rescue? Maybe the present owner intends to really fix the old bike up to its former glory, hope so.

Comment

Gs750e

Yesterday, while rolling down I-80 East to North Platte, Ne. ,in a mini van doing 75 or more mph, was passed by an 80 or 81 GS750E with Missouri plates. This bike looked to be very original, clean and without a doubt in very good mechanical condition. You just about have to be a member aren't you?
                      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Saw a nice looking black 550E on College Ave during lunch today... Had red pin stripes.... sure looked nice.

Comment

saw gs850g

i just saw a gs850g (not sure of the year) 81st and 1st greenwood seattle coming back from the greenwood car show , was a little tattered but still in riding condition if this was your bike let me know and we can go for a cruse

Comment

GS 250T Spotted near Lexington, KY.

Thursday night Bike Night at the Waterfront 6/29, spotted a blue GS250T. Tank a little bashed on the right side, bit neglected over the years, only 4700 miles on the bike. Looks like original rubber . Parked the Concours next to it,waited a while, but missed the owner while I was checking out a new Rocket 3.

Comment

Saw an absolutley BEA-utiful 450 downtown OKC on Mondau 7/3. You know, the one with the new style seat??.. Anyway, I think the owner works at the movie theater in Bricktown. This thing was Showroom, I tell you what.

Comment

I saw a BEAUTIFUL GS1000S "Wes Cooley" replica here in Carbondale Illinois. On Reed Station Road turning west onto IL-13 at about 11am today. I stopped and waved from my white T-bird. The GS1000S was very clean with a set of hard black saddle bags. Looked like this one:

Comment

Working...
                                X