Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650 Seca

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
    Oh man, I got to hear the 82 seca 650 I park beside run today. What a nice sound...ofcourse my 400 stalled while I was looking at the seca. The whirring sound of a 4 is way better than the pitiful thump....thump....pause...pffft....pffft...pause.. ...thump... of a twin.

Steve
    I have owned 650 Secas. Here's some agvice: Skip the Seca and find an 850G. The Seca hasn't the mid range power to pull your hat off, and the Hitachi carbs clog up if you leave gas in it for just a couple months.

I wanted to like it, but...

(bought brandy new in '88 for $1800.00)
    Last edited by 850 Combat; 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: typos
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I saw the Suzuki GS just sitting in the driveway. Wet with the present rain. Looking lonely and cold. I guess I will have to get the key and take Suzie Q for a ride.
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Saw a GS 1000e in the Lee's summit shopping center .It was red and looked like an 85.If your on this sight let me know!!!Hopefully I will see it again sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreJim View Post
          I plan to make that ride one of these times \\/ I go there alot in a cage
          Let me know when your coming and we can hook up and ride!How far away is that anyway?

Comment

Mine Was Spotted Today in the KY Counties of Calloway, Graves and McCracken. 68* and Sunny, it was a Nice Ride!:-D
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              Mine Was Spotted Today in the KY Counties of Calloway, Graves and McCracken. 68* and Sunny, it was a Nice Ride!:-D
              You can't spot yourself...[-X

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                You can't spot yourself...[-X

I agree. That's cheating!

Comment

And I Might Cheat Again Today!!!!!!\\/
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I spotted TWO GS1000's, a GS550E and a GS650E today. But as someone will point out they are all in the family.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja_Lancer View Post
                      I spotted TWO GS1000's, a GS550E and a GS650E today. But as someone will point out they are all in the family.....

Well, since you weren't actually riding any of the GS's mentioned.....I guess you could say you "spotted" them........

Comment

I spotted two Gs bikes today and yesterday and the day before that...

You know the problem might resolve itself if I just left the garage door down. But damn I like seeing those bikes in there.

Comment

Saw a '82 Katana in Nagoya Japan today. Wasn't pristine, had a dent in the tank and missing the engine labels. Wasn't in too bad of shape overall, but it had some pretty crappy header wrap on the pipes.

Comment

I saw a nice looking 80's GS in Riverbank a couple days ago. It was parked on thelawn in a trailer park my friend lives in. Didn't catch the model though.

Comment

Riding my Red Hotrod to the gym tonight, I spotted a '79 GS750 in the back of a pick up truck. We were southbound on the 101 in rush hour traffic. So he was moving kinda slow. I split the lane on his right, moved left in front of him, then let him catch up.

He just bought the bike & was heading home to San Diego. I wish I had the time to chat with him, or give him my GS Resources business card. But I did give him a shout out to check the web site. I hope he remembers...

Comment

I've seen several GS's the last few days, it seems there are several 550's in the area and I've seen one other 1000 besides mine. I know my brothers old 1000 is around somewhere as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X