No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw what looked to be maybe a GS850G with a blue tank pulling out of the Sunoco station at the Lee Traffic Circle in New Hampshire at around 3:30 today. Only got a quick look as it was already on the move and I was just pulling in. Anybody from here?

Comment

I rode my '80 GS1000G from Orange County up to Laguna Seca. Spotted a beautiful '79 (?) GS850 in the parking dirt. Didn't have a writing utensil to leave a GSResources message.

Comment

Saw a black rat bike GS750E parked in front of a motel on Rt30. Been eying the wheels sticking out of the bike cover for awhile and yesterday was the first time I had seen it uncovered.

Comment

At the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. I spotted a nice looking '79 GS1000E in the parking lot. Black, with a cafe fairing & Yoshimura pipes. She looked to be in excellent condition for her age, with 48K on the clock.

I wish I had my digital camera with me.

I left my GS Resources calling card & my cell phone number. I hope the owner gets in touch...

Comment

Theres a cherry 78ish Gs1000 in full fairing a couple blocks from my house...see him round town all the time...gorgeous bike old man takes care of it well. Too bad he lives on a crappy street and has no garage..

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Merkel View Post
              I rode my '80 GS1000G from Orange County up to Laguna Seca. Spotted a beautiful '79 (?) GS850 in the parking dirt. Didn't have a writing utensil to leave a GSResources message.
              Aw, shoot Merk! You were in the Bay Area and didn't look anybody up? Give a shout out next time you're up this way. My garage is always open for a pitstop & a cold one!

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised to see GS Sightings buried on page 4. This used to be a popular thread.

So last Saturday...that would be May 3rd, we were riding around in the western Sierra's. Just outside of Sutter Creek. Paul F in the lead, then me, followed by Jadesystem, then Kent. All on GS1100's, I might add. Going the oposite direction was another GS1100 (could have been a 750). I only saw it for a second. But I would call it an '83 GS1100ES. It had the same paint job & body like jadesystem's bike.

I wonder who it was? Paul is the local guy, and he doesn't know who else has a GS in the area. We didn't turn around, and apparently neither did he. Too bad.

Comment

gs sighting!

i saw not one, but two! gs in lansing, MI today! one was a GK i recognized the fairing. probably a 1100.. looked alot like my g. another one that was a small twin, i'm guessing it was a 550? it had no tank badges or side badges, but i could see the body styling in it. was kind of ratted out.. but it actually looked cool. i wonder if either of them are members here..

Comment

550 is a 4cyl, if it were a twin look towards a 250, 400, 425 and 450 with the 450 being the most popular in the states as far as I know.

Comment

ah must have been a 450 then it had 2 single pipes comming from the head.

Comment

Not to be a smart a$$, but I saw two of the most rare GS's, an 82 1000SZ and an 84 GSX750SE just this morning. In my garage! Har de har har....

Comment

Saw a dark blue GS 400-450? heading east on Jubilee at about 4pm.Also,my land lord has 2 Gs 650 L's not running(for shame!)1 pretty complete the others a parts bike.Too bad they're a good lookin' bike those.I 'm already busy with my 82 750T.I will tell any GS riders I talk to about this site.

Comment

Saw REAL Katana 1100, the first time in years. Sounded great, had a Bassani pipe

Comment

stubled upon this thread today. saw a 82 GS650G at a Home Depot in Berlin, New Jersey. Maroon. Looked pretty good.

Comment

Was heading out to my new pl;ace in Vernonia las Wednesday morning. I caught site of a clasic bike a half dozen cars ahead in the next lane. It took 12 miles before I was able to spy the mufflers and knew immediately that it was an old Suzuki. In another mile I was up along side of it and low and behold an 80's something 550L was buzzing it's way up the hill.
                                V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment