GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
    Saw this 450 in the parking lot of Shady Maple this morning. It was there when I arrived (8am) and when I left (930).

Where's the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
      Where's the picture?
      It shows up in your quoted message for me.

/\/\ac

Comment

I see it in both messages. Maybe a different link will work:

If it doesn't show up, I blame solar flares.
        It's a black 450 with a thin red stripe. I'm guessing 1980 450E
        Last edited by kerrfunk; 08-08-2010, 02:12 PM.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

for whatever reason, I can't see it. It's possible that the stupid firewall at work is blocking it (I hate Barracuda!!), I'll have to recheck at home.

Comment

Saw a 82 or 83 E 12:30 at Newburyport traffic circle today red white and blue stripes going the other way to me so not able to get a better look . Also a Suzuki K11 at Todd's Farm flee market about 10 AM not often I see a bike older than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              I see it in both messages. Maybe a different link will work:

If it doesn't show up, I blame solar flares.
              It's a black 450 with a thin red stripe. I'm guessing 1980 450E
              Funny you mention that, driving the kids last night my radio was losing stations more than usual and had two playing on the same frequency at once... usually they space them out enough for the same number to avoid that.

Then I heard the station ID on another say it was from southern New Jersey. Must have been some solar flares playing with the FM bands last night.

Furthest I ever caught a rouge FM signal from was a country station coming in one morning from Georgia.

Comment

I saw an 850G (although I suppose it could have been an 1100G) on Talcottville Road in Vernon a day or 2 ago, it was blue, but not sure what year it was.

Comment

Binghamton, NY 8/11/10 around 5pm

I saw a nice looking GS on Riverside Dr headed towards Lourdes Hospital. Unfortunately I only got to see it out of the corner of my eye as it passed but it looked like a pretty clean bike and it sounded good. I think it was an '81 or '82 GS750 and it had a light colored tank, looked kind of gray/gold colored. It could have been just about any CC though, I was right next to the road and once I saw it he was past me.

/\/\ac

Comment

wednesday night at empire dragway in leicester, ny i was racing my slightly modified '79 gs1000L and noticed a guy working on an older jap bike in the pits. turned out to be a beautiful, mint, blue '79 gs1000L. we talked a bit and raced each other several times. he said he bought it last year with only 6000 miles. i never got a chance to tell him about the gsr though. by the way, i took 3rd place.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

82 650G in Grand Haven MI

Saw a what looked like a GS at a gas station in Grand Haven. Looked like maybe a 650G, black, stock.
                      Went around, came back for a second look,
                      Yep, black 650G with double gold stripes (so an 82 like the one I had for 20+ years).
                      Stopped an talked to Rob (Rob, you here yet? I remember the name correctly?)
                      Chatted a bit, gave a GSR card.
                      He said it is his first motorcycle, and he could use some advise on carbs. I said, I cant give too much advise on carbs, but the GSR would be the right place for that. Told him about the "carb cleaning tutorial with a hundred and some photos".

He said lived in another town (about 60 miles away).

He said he would look up the website.

Last edited by Redman; 08-12-2010, 08:49 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

yesterday, as I set out on a trip (that ended up being over 200 miles), I saw a red 1150E or ES turning from Kelly road onto Route 30/83 in Vernon, right by the I-84 west ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                          yesterday, as I set out on a trip (that ended up being over 200 miles), I saw a red 1150E or ES turning from Kelly road onto Route 30/83 in Vernon, right by the I-84 west ramp.
                          Ha, 29 years ago I remember ripping up those roads. Oh they called it Vernon circle back then.
                          81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Originally posted by yank View Post
                            Ha, 29 years ago I remember ripping up those roads. Oh they called it Vernon circle back then.
                            no circle anymore though, even though it's still referred to as such.

Comment

8/21/2010 - Lincoln NH

Beautiful Saturday here in New England. Saw 2 GSes in Lincoln NH at the foot of the Kangamagus Highway.

750GT Tea Kettle,
                              1980/81 1100E, stock, in silver.
                              Scott
                              1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                              1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                              1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                              2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                              sigpic

Comment

Rode 110 miles today with a few buddies (86 HD ElectraGlide & 06 GoldWing) (to the HD dealership in Orwigsburg, PA)

Didn't see any GSes along the way. A lot of bikes out, though. Several old Goldwings. And a Burgman trike
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X