No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a GS850L today on a service call at ITT in Guelph. Had a Vetter fairing and sound system.... and um, lots of rust, peeling clear, and "creative" parts. Was pretty sad. The guy left before I did, but I saw him leave. Bike ran like..... um, well, like it looked. Rough. Popped and backfired quite a bit. I cried a little as I watched him drive away. Have a picture on my phone, but I'll be danged if I know how to get it off of it and onto my computer.

Comment

Red with white stripe Skunk went by on Hwy 7/8 today as I was walking from my car. Heard the distinct sound of a sweet vintage machine and couldn't resist looking. Looked to be in really nice shape, and had a bikini fairing. Was riding two up heading west towards Stratford. Anyone? Would have loved for him to stop by.

Comment

Saw and helped a guy with an 80 GS850G at the Walnecks Vintage cycle swapper today. As well as a 79 GS1000L that was cut all to hell and back, and had some god awful tank from god only knows what on it. Purely a shame what had been done to it, and it was a good looking frame and motor other than that.

Comment

GS near Cinci today

Saw a Black GS with a cafe fairing that was heading east Hwy 32 going past the United Dairy Farmers store in Newtown at about lunchtime on Monday the 25th. Rider had a black helmet & a black/red jacket.

Just wondered if it was somebody from here.

FYI: Newtown is kind of an eastern suburb of Cincinatti, OH for those that don't know.

Comment

750 at Grand Haven beach

750 parked on street next to Grand Haven beach, a 78, maybe 79(?). I left a card. Looked nice, stock. Parked next to a 69 BMW ( I quess 69 only becuse it had a 69 licence plate).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GS at Plum Island, MA; Sat afternoon 13 Sep

Out for a local ride in Massachusetts with my brother - he has a blue Road King, I was riding my Katana.

Out on Plum Island, Newburyport, MA, saw an "L" model out and about - anyone we know?
              Scott
              1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
              1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
              1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
              2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
              sigpic

Comment

One on Craigslist

Think this is salvagable? Considering picking it up and parting it:

Comment

You could sell just the front end & wheel for what you paid for it if the fork tubes aren't pitted! Ray.

Comment

Saw a guy on a newer GSXR and his buddy putted up behind him on a 79 GS850G. Full on OMG king and queen seat... vetter fairing... it ran "ok" and the guy has only been riding for a few weeks.

I got a business card from his buddy on the GSXR... I'll post my info to them later.

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
                      Out for a local ride in Massachusetts with my brother - he has a blue Road King, I was riding my Katana.

Out on Plum Island, Newburyport, MA, saw an "L" model out and about - anyone we know?

Possibly me I live all of two minuets from the lights on route 1A that lead to Plumb Island and ride black 550L. I was out and about that day but not out to the island.

Comment

Saw a red GS L or T model on my way home from the ride today at the intersection of Rt101 and 108 in Exerter NH about 3 pm

Comment

Bonjour, Moto!

Today - Rue de la Tombe Issoire, Paris, France

A gem amongst the Bergmans and BMWs.

Comment

There's a partial 650 in my driveway... and on my porch ... and in my living room ... and in my basement.

Comment

So I'm leaving my house last Saturday, get to the intersection at the end of the road and see a nice red 83 1100e coming down the road, give him a big thumbs up, but don't understand why he doesn't seem much interested in my 82 1100e. As I pulled out of my side street I realized I was on my FZ1 not the GS, Doh.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                                So I'm leaving my house last Saturday, get to the intersection at the end of the road and see a nice red 83 1100e coming down the road, give him a big thumbs up, but don't understand why he doesn't seem much interested in my 82 1100e. As I pulled out of my side street I realized I was on my FZ1 not the GS, Doh.
                                Now that was funny right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X