GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 rider in Clifton Park NY monday 5.30.11
    I was warming up my bike (at twin lakes) and a guy rode by on an '82-'83 1100e and waved.

I tried to get him to stop but it was too late.
    Is it anyone here?

-Noah

Comment

Green GS650G (I think this is the L?) at Apex Sports in Colorado Springs this afternoon.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Gs1000e

Spoted a 78 or 79 1000E the other day heading up Accademy in Colorado Springs CO. Saw the DOHC round cam covers in my rearview and thought it must be a GS. Poor thing had a crooket head light and broken windscreen plus the rider was a tool. Let him pass me so I could get a good look at the model then he proceded to tail gate and change lanes five times to get ahead of traffic. Normaly I like spoting GS's on the road and I make every effort to tell them about our GSR site. This guy however made me wish he'd get pulled over and loose his GS to police impound. Probably has no endorsement and a suspension on his record so i'm hopeful that this will hapen before he parks it in someones trunk.

Also spoted an 82 1100E at my local library. Looked like the owner had replaced some of the body work and possibly had plans to restore it. Left a note for the owner to check out our site.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Green GS650G (I think this is the L?) at Apex Sports in Colorado Springs this afternoon.

Yup, that is the rare 650GL, shaft drive low rider. Note the axle in front of the forks, the frame showing in front of the tank, and the stepped seat. Good catch.

I spotted a nice red 83 1100E this afternoon, badly in need of a bath. Where was that? Oh, yeah, in my garage. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            We were standing by Jerkeys jerky store.

Dave

A... a jerky store? An entire store filled with jerky? That sounds insanely wonderful.

I want to go to there.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

There was an '82-83 GS850? in front of me on the corner of New London Rd and Cincinnati Brookville Rd. Had a very attractive blonde riding pillion. No gear, but not hard to look at either .

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                A... a jerky store? An entire store filled with jerky? That sounds insanely wonderful.

I want to go to there.
                Yep, One entire display case / cooler of just jerky.
                An other one of sticks.
                An other one of smoked fish.
                An other one of sausage.

Related posting with pictures:
                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=175056

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=166870

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=167134

Brian, will (later) send you PM of some further info.

Not to hijack this "sighting" tread with a "meetingplace" or a "destination" type discussion. ... But watch the MeetingPlace, I may be posting about Muskegon Bike Time as a meeting place and then go for ride from there. Newaygo, where the Jerkey Store is located, will be one possible destination. That is July 16 - 17 (weekend before WV).

Dave
                Last edited by Redman; 06-08-2011, 07:32 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ok had a beautiful GS750 pass me at a stoplight on the westise of town today at about 5pm. Looked to be dark blue, with American flag on back, luggage rack on back with soft trunk on back. Looked like older gentleman. If not someone on here, should be! terrylee

Comment

On 6/6/11 someone on a Wes Cooley looking GS blew by me like I was standing still on Rt 8 in the Adirondacks about 10 miles east of Speculator. Had to be over the ton and then some.
                    Whoever you are, thanks for being on the far side of the far lane! I hadn't seen a car in miles and never saw the bike coming up behind me in my mirrors so it surprised the heck out of me.

Oh, and I saw a Harley in Lake George. (x 2000)

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                      Yup, that is the rare 650GL, shaft drive low rider. Note the axle in front of the forks, the frame showing in front of the tank, and the stepped seat. Good catch.

I spotted a nice red 83 1100E this afternoon, badly in need of a bath. Where was that? Oh, yeah, in my garage. Oops.
                      Rare? They aren't rare, haha.

Comment

Saw 4 GS's at once last Monday when I stopped by TCK's to pick up the Maier fairing. Two were TCK's, one was Kparkfan's (he was there) and the other was mine. Almost felt like being back at the Rosemont.
                        Current Bikes:
                        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I just saw an 1100GK. I was pulling out from the grocery store. Black and red.

Comment

Saw an '83 750T at Americade, in the Forum parking lot.

Interesting paint. I think it's called "hammertone", done in blue.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

who was riding blue 850G on Belt yesterday in the evening?

Comment

Wasn't me, but I did buy a full set of blue body work for my 850G yesterday . Took the cage though.

Comment

Working...
                                X