GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Looks like could maybe be MR. CaliGS's bike (with emblems back on) in CLiffs Posting

Is black/gold with black exhaust. but these are stock stripes and CV carbs... ... and is a G ...... nevermind.

Oh noo,Mr caligs's bike only went to Washoe Valley lately....
    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
    '84 Honda VFR 500
    '86 GSXR 750
    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Muskegon Bike TIme Saturday

Saw this bike and rider on way north on US31 from Grand Haven.
      Saw the bike parked here. Didnt find the rider.
      I am quessing 80 or 81 850G. At first I thought 650G, but the tank, side covers and the cam caps made me think 850G.

Also saw a nice stock 1100E go past but didnt get picture.

Okay, not a GS, but close.

Last edited by Redman; 07-16-2011, 08:51 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Muskegon Bike Time Sunday

Meet this couple on the road going through Grand Haven.
        Meet them again at BIke Time (and gave him a GSR card). You here yet??

[I need to get better at catching peoples names.]

83 1100GL (can tell 83 by the black engine).
        Another pic of it in my Muskegon BIke TIme posting in Meeting place.

Saw this 70s 750
        (I say 750, only because I looked at engine number stamped into the case.)
        Another pic of it in my Muskegon BIke TIme posting in Meeting place.

WHile I was taking the picture, A teenage girl was passing bye. I heard her say "oh, this must be, like, an antique or something."
        Oh, no, girlie, its from late 70's.
        THen I thought that would probably be twice that girl's age.

So that makes 5 in one weekend. And its not a GS rally.
        Five is usally my annaul total, and 5 more than I get a picture of.

Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2011, 03:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Saw this in a parking lot somewhere between North Pole (NY) and Lake Placid yesterday.

Left a card with GSR info, maybe he will check in.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I moved recently to the Hershey PA area, and apparently the fire companies around here host monthly Biker Breakfasts on Sunday mornings. I've been to two of em, one at the Lower Swatara Volunteer Fire Company -- there were about 250 bikes there. The guy directing parking was chuckling and reminiscing over my bike soon as I rolled in. I kept my eyes peeled for other 'zuks, even UJMs. There were one or two UJMs.

Another biker breakfast I went to mighta seen more than a thousand bikers but I left early so I don't know, but I did see a water buffalo there.

yeah, yeah, it's no good without pictures, I know. my bad.

here's my bike at the first breakfast I mentioned:

I went to breakfast with the Ducati to my left (he had matching red jacket and gloves and shoes, you can see him way in the back on the right) and the Victory in between us. And the two Harleys in the foreground.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Saw this bike and rider on way north on US31 from Grand Haven.
              Saw the bike parked here. Didnt find the rider.
              I am quessing 80 or 81 850G. At first I thought 650G, but the tank, side covers and the cam caps made me think 850G.

Also saw a nice stock 1100E go past but didnt get picture.

Okay, not a GS, but close.

I just love that black/white paint scheme. Very cool!
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                I moved recently to the Hershey PA area, and apparently the fire companies around here host monthly Biker Breakfasts on Sunday mornings. I've been to two of em, one at the Lower Swatara Volunteer Fire Company -- there were about 250 bikes there. The guy directing parking was chuckling and reminiscing over my bike soon as I rolled in. I kept my eyes peeled for other 'zuks, even UJMs. There were one or two UJMs.

Another biker breakfast I went to mighta seen more than a thousand bikers but I left early so I don't know, but I did see a water buffalo there.

yeah, yeah, it's no good without pictures, I know. my bad.

here's my bike at the first breakfast I mentioned:

I went to breakfast with the Ducati to my left (he had matching red jacket and gloves and shoes, you can see him way in the back on the right) and the Victory in between us. And the two Harleys in the foreground.

I live down in Lancaster County. Might have to come up there for one of those when my bike is running.

Comment

went to Portland, Maine this past weekend, saw these GS bikes:

this one was behind a parking garage on Fore St:

interesting custom risers:

This one was behind Cumberland County Choppers, waiting to be worked on:

Comment

Originally posted by Chrkut View Post
                    I live down in Lancaster County. Might have to come up there for one of those when my bike is running.
                    Hi!

I was riding home from church today, saw a bike a car in front of me pull over to a parking area at the side of the road. The shape was familiar and I saw the "Suzuki" emblazoned on the side, so as soon as I passed (and it was safe to do so) I pulled a Uturn and joined him on the side of the road.

He and his wife were on a 83 750T, same colorings as my bike.

We chatted a bit about the little foibles of these indestructible machines (ha) and even mentioned this site.

So Pete, if you get around these parts at all and happen upon this post, hello again!
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Saw a red, early 80s GS1100, I believe, with a huge windjammer (or something) fairing, but didn't stop to take pictures. It was parked in the same location all day Friday, so I'm guessing this guy works there. If I see it again I'll leave a note...

Comment

I've been seeing an '82+ Silver 1100 around Manchester Connecticut a few times but alas, couldn't pull out my camera in time.
                        Also what I think is a GS550 or 450 in the employee parking lot of the South Windsor USPS. Wonder if they're on the forum since there are so many CT residents who have a GS.

Comment

Where are you guys getting these GSR cards from? I have yet to come across another GS, but I'd love to have a card or two to pass out.

I think I'm the only GS in Central Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Vtso4 View Post
                            I've been seeing an '82+ Silver 1100 around Manchester Connecticut a few times but alas, couldn't pull out my camera in time.
                            Also what I think is a GS550 or 450 in the employee parking lot of the South Windsor USPS. Wonder if they're on the forum since there are so many CT residents who have a GS.
                            I've seen a fair number of GS's around the Hartford area as well - saw a black GS (G or E model, couldn't tell from a distance) with a sportbike at the intersection of 84 and Tolland Tpke in Manchester yesterday around noon

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
                              Where are you guys getting these GSR cards from? I have yet to come across another GS, but I'd love to have a card or two to pass out.

I think I'm the only GS in Central Florida
                              On the GSR homepage you'll see a link to GS Goodies.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I saw a beautiful red gs 1100e with a black 4 into 1 exhaust yesterday. Ive seen this guy in passing before. Both times ive seen the bike, he was on North Bardstown rd at HWY44 right next to the Circle K. What i wouldnt give to actually have a chance to drool on that bike.
                                The other day when i took my rear wheel for the tire to be replaced, I saw an excellent example of a 1100 Kat in the shop for sale. The guy was willing to part with it for 2500. He did say he was about to put a stretched out rear swingarm on it. If only i had the cash laying around to get it before he stretched it and abused it. For anyone else who wants to know where it is, R&D cycles, 7605 Preston Hwy, Louisville Ky. One of the mechanics owns it.

Comment

Working...
                                X